PDA

View Full Version : NJBETS taken Over by TVG

RunForTheRoses
03-01-2013, 09:50 AM
Not sure if this was posted elsewhere. Saw this at the Thorograph site, can anyone confirm and know what this will mean for us Njbettors.

https://www.thorograph.com/phorum/read.php?1,77443,77443#msg-77443

RunForTheRoses
03-01-2013, 09:51 AM
Actually, I just went to Njbets and can confirm things have changed, Hopefully for the bettor.

horses4courses
03-01-2013, 09:54 AM
TVG must figure their best shot at exchange wagering is in NJ.

I LOVE THIS GAME
03-01-2013, 10:12 AM
Now we have to pay to make a wager this sux. Wish it would have stayed the same

RunForTheRoses
03-01-2013, 10:16 AM
[QUOTE=I LOVE THIS GAME]Now we have to pay to make a wager

Really? How will this happen? That would totally suck.

I LOVE THIS GAME
03-01-2013, 10:22 AM
[QUOTE=I LOVE THIS GAME]Now we have to pay to make a wager

Really? How will this happen? That would totally suck.
It says there is a subscription plan .25 cents a wager up to 19.95 a month max.If you bet 2500 a month then everything if free.

KM1234
03-01-2013, 10:31 AM
The FAQ's indicate that there "currently" aren't any wager fees.

RunForTheRoses
03-01-2013, 10:34 AM
.25 cents a wager

What a bunch of ahem Horse Shit! Although we get Free Picks now, whoopte damndo.

castaway01
03-01-2013, 10:41 AM
.25 cents a wager

What a bunch of ahem Horse Shit! Although we get Free Picks now, whoopte damndo.

There's a thread about this in the Account Wagering forum. It appears current 4NJBets members do NOT have to pay the fee. In fact it says that on the TVG site, if you read the "FAQ" section:

How much does it cost to place a bet?
Currently there is no charge to wager through 4NJBets.

This section is updated with all the new TVG information, new web addresses, so I hope it is up to date and accurate. Member "Rutgers" inquired about the fee and was told current 4njbets members are grandfathered in and do not have to pay it.

I think we're all waiting to see exactly how it works.

I LOVE THIS GAME
03-01-2013, 10:55 AM
There's a thread about this in the Account Wagering forum. It appears current 4NJBets members do NOT have to pay the fee. In fact it says that on the TVG site, if you read the "FAQ" section:

This section is updated with all the new TVG information, new web addresses, so I hope it is up to date and accurate. Member "Rutgers" inquired about the fee and was told current 4njbets members are grandfathered in and do not have to pay it.

I think we're all waiting to see exactly how it works.I just noticed that i hope its true thanks

I LOVE THIS GAME
03-01-2013, 10:58 AM
and at least we get points now, all these years and got nothing for it. FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RunForTheRoses
03-01-2013, 11:06 AM

I think we're all waiting to see exactly how it works.

great and as the other poster said at least we get points, its not PTC but it is a start.

vince.
03-01-2013, 11:11 AM
Anyone else having trouble logging into the new version of the site with their old credentials?

I cannot get in using the same info I used yesterday and the four years prior on the old site.

fiveouttasix
03-01-2013, 11:16 AM
I cannot log on either...Called customer service & have been on hold for about an hour!

vince.
03-01-2013, 11:22 AM
I gave up after 20 minutes, maybe TVG is not awake yet.

Every time I try to login, I get a list of questions asking me to reset my PIN.

Their SSL certificate also seems to not be correct.

Not off to the best start.

otis0930
03-01-2013, 11:43 AM
you need to go to the new website address

https://4njbets.tvg.com/

vince.
03-01-2013, 11:47 AM

Tried that, no luck.

vince.
03-01-2013, 11:49 AM

would be nice if, on a day like this, TVG would have a member of their support team monitoring forums like this to answer questions/solve problems for people, instead of having customers dialing into an 800 number nobody answers.

Mike_412
03-01-2013, 12:15 PM
I emailed them last week about the changeover and here is what they said in regards to your 4NJbets account number.

"If your account number can not be integrated into our system you will get an email advising we need to change it. Other than that it will pretty much stay the same for you."

If you haven't checked your email yet, see if they sent you something. Maybe check your spam folder. I had an issue trying to sign in around 6:00 this morning as it didn't recognize my account number. Tried it again around 8:00 and I was good to go. Not sure if it helps or not just relaying my experience.

I emailed them again a short while ago to find out about wagering and video fees. When I sign in to the account under My Profile it shows a pricing plan and states that fees are waived until 6/1/2013. Trying to find out some clarification as a friend of mine said he read in a few places that there wouldn't be any fees.

NJ Stinks
03-01-2013, 12:42 PM
I got a message that the certificate was no good or something like that when I went to the website NJBets around 10:00am One choice was to proceed to the website anyway (not recommended)? I hit yes and got in.

Anyway, I just logged in again the same way as before so it still works.

I used my debit card to make a deposit this morning. I don't believe there was a fee for doing so but I can't get into my bank account to verify because the bank's website is down at the moment.

FYI, I got a message at the TVG site that said NJ account holders will not be charged to place bets, watch video, or watch replays until June 1st.

The video looks good so far.

Lastly, looks like there is still no UK racing available to NJ residents. :mad:

Here's the link I used to get in:

Tic-Tac
03-01-2013, 02:09 PM
I cant even call in i tried calling and i press 2 and it hangs up on me trued about 5 times

fiveouttasix
03-01-2013, 02:27 PM
Still cannot Log on...I am shut out today..TVG does not answer E-mails or answer the phone....They are very good about showing the commercial saying what a great deal NJ bettors now have...Very Frustrating!

vince.
03-01-2013, 03:08 PM
I finally got a call this afternoon. Turns out my account number had changed. Not sure when they were planning to tell me about it.

Try emailing comments at tvg.com. That seemed to be what prompted them to contact me.

RunForTheRoses
03-01-2013, 03:55 PM
Total Debacle!
I was able to log on but can't make a deposit. OTW does not accept deposits, the old card is worthless now.

My father has $109 in his account and cannot log on. The phone line is a joke.

wonatthewire1
03-01-2013, 04:27 PM
Actually, I just went to Njbets and can confirm things have changed, Hopefully for the bettor.

Absolutely hate the new interface - can't see the odds for all of the tracks and have to use drop down boxes to select a track
Might have to load all the tracks I want to follow into DRF live odds!

Thanks TVG!

wonatthewire1
03-01-2013, 04:36 PM
If you go to the "my balance" link, there are a few messages - I bet about $2,000/month so I'll have to pay to play!

Wagering Fee waived through 06/01/2013
Video Streaming Fees waived through 06/01/2013
Video Replay Fees waived through 06/01/2013

Subscription information
Play Free

UNLIMITED wagers and video streaming FREE when you wager $2,500 or more per month.
Select the Flat Rate Plan or Pay as You Go Plan with or without Optional Video Streaming as your base plan.
Wager $2,500 or more per month and enjoy FREE wagering and video streaming.
No deposit fees.

Or take a subscription

Current plan:

Pay as You Go Plan

- $0.25 per wager up to a maximum of $19.95 (approximately 80 wagers) per month

Flat Rate Plan

- $19.95 per month (provides unlimited wagering and video streaming)

Pay as You Go Plan with Video Streaming

- $0.25 per wager up to a maximum of $19.95 (approximately 80 wagers) per month. Includes Video Streaming - $5.95 will be charged at the end of the service month. Wager $200 in the service month and video streaming is Free!

Mike_412
03-01-2013, 04:43 PM
Here was their e-mail response to my inquiry about wagering fees:

"At this time, we are not planning on charging New Jersey residents wagering fees. Any pricing model for video streaming will be fully explained should there be a change. At this time, that service is free to use."

wonatthewire1
03-01-2013, 04:48 PM
Here was their e-mail response to my inquiry about wagering fees:

"At this time, we are not planning on charging New Jersey residents wagering fees. Any pricing model for video streaming will be fully explained should there be a change. At this time, that service is free to use."

Yep, it says free to use until 6/1/13 then you need to have a subscription or bet $2,500+ per month

RunForTheRoses
03-01-2013, 04:53 PM
Absolutely hate the new interface - can't see the odds for all of the tracks and have to use drop down boxes to select a track
Might have to load all the tracks I want to follow into DRF live odds!

Thanks TVG!

I don't see will pays and probables. Its not like the njbest site was that perfect either but TVG's is too cluttered.

Bennie
03-01-2013, 06:37 PM
Just went to the site and enrolled in the rewards program. Saw that "full" menu wagers are offered. Hope this means the rainbow 6 as it was not available before. Also, I see that they listed Aqueduct on their video schedule, hoping this means NY tracks will now be available as they were not before. Will enjoy things until 6/1 when it will be cheaper for me to drive to Favorites than pay a wager fee.
Will take a little getting use to the layout as things seem too cluttered for me. Hopefully things go smoothly.

The Hawk
03-01-2013, 07:03 PM
I refuse to pay to bet. I'll spend the next three months trying to establish an out-of-state account, or set up an account with a friend outside of NJ. If that fails I will not be playing from home anymore, which means a big handle reduction, and I don't even think I'll miss it, with all that's going on in the game. This is the proverbial last straw.

RunForTheRoses
03-01-2013, 07:35 PM
I refuse to pay to bet. I'll spend the next three months trying to establish an out-of-state account, or set up an account with a friend outside of NJ. If that fails I will not be playing from home anymore, which means a big handle reduction, and I don't even think I'll miss it, with all that's going on in the game. This is the proverbial last straw.

I Hear Ya

Tic-Tac
03-01-2013, 10:15 PM
I guess you cant play .50 cents

bucksboy
03-02-2013, 01:12 PM
I can not get into my account WTF

fronti
03-02-2013, 11:20 PM
I sent them an email yesterday about fees and they told me there will not be wagering fees. In the future there may be fees added for credit card deposits, but there still would be ways to deposit without a fee.

bucksboy
03-03-2013, 08:35 AM
As far as fees go, according to the site it is free until june 1st. Then the
charges kick in. What a crock. I wonder why any number of ADW's did
not sue NJ. Doesn't this fall under some type of restriction of trade law?
Is it true that NJ residents can open a NYRA account?

lsosa54
03-03-2013, 10:12 AM
Is it true that NJ residents can open a NYRA account?

True. Opened one at Saratoga last year thanks to OTM Al. Unfortunately, you can't bet with it. I opened it to get the NYRA video feed which NJBETS did not have. Don't know if TVG has NYRA video now.

BTW, on the video, looks like TVG uses the browser's Windows Media Player plug in. NJBETS used to use this but then they switched to I think flash, which improved the reliability, very little buffering, and clearer video.

Now we're back to the same crap. The small and medium settings are too small for my eyes and the full screen setting is very blurry. In both cases, I can't make out saddle cloth numbers.

Also, I couldn't get any video for SAX's 11th race yesterday - the video feed button was un-clickable and the video menu all of a sudden showed no Santa Anita.

If I'm wrong on this or anyone has any workaround, let me know, because this sucks for me. I know there are issues with flash, although I loved it on NJBETS, but how about HTML5?

wonatthewire1
03-03-2013, 10:40 AM
True. Opened one at Saratoga last year thanks to OTM Al. Unfortunately, you can't bet with it. I opened it to get the NYRA video feed which NJBETS did not have. Don't know if TVG has NYRA video now.

BTW, on the video, looks like TVG uses the browser's Windows Media Player plug in. NJBETS used to use this but then they switched to I think flash, which improved the reliability, very little buffering, and clearer video.

Now we're back to the same crap. The small and medium settings are too small for my eyes and the full screen setting is very blurry. In both cases, I can't make out saddle cloth numbers.

Also, I couldn't get any video for SAX's 11th race yesterday - the video feed button was un-clickable and the video menu all of a sudden showed no Santa Anita.

If I'm wrong on this or anyone has any workaround, let me know, because this sucks for me. I know there are issues with flash, although I loved it on NJBETS, but how about HTML5?

The video wouldn't load for Firefox, so I downloaded IE 10 and everything worked fine. There is a screen adjustment. I found the large setting to be pretty good as compared to the video feed from the old site.

If you click off of the site to a different tab, to view Equibase site for example, the video screen disappears to the task bar - that was a bit annoying. The video come back up when returning to the TVG site.

I do miss the ability to have 6 track odds open at the same time. But did find that choosing the "favorite tracks" allowed me to load them then click when I wanted to view the odds.

The June 1 deadline for free wagering sounds like it is a generic message, we'll see what happens as the time gets closer.

RunForTheRoses
03-03-2013, 11:39 AM
For California racing you can sign up for free at calraing.com and stream video. NYRA is now available on TVG which is about the only good thing. I do agree that njbets streams were good in that they were smoother and you could make the whole screen the video.

Does anyone know how to withdraw money-is the only option a check in 3-5 business days or the betcash into checking account a little quicker? That really sucks, in the njbets system I could just go to the OTW or track and get my money ASAP.

Mike_412
03-03-2013, 11:52 AM
I can only vouch for deposits and withdrawals at the Meadowlands as I stopped in there yesterday. You have to go into the old guest services center on the 1st floor where they have the account wagering window. I was told you're able to withdraw cash up to $10,000 while cash deposits into your account are obviously instant. They have limited hours though. The piece of paper taped to the window stated they were closed on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. Avalable hours are the following:

Thursday: 1:00 - 7:00

Friday and Saturday: 12:00 - 7:00

Sunday: 12:00 - 6:00

I asked the kid working there about wagering fees and he didn't know. He said he works for the Meadowlands and to contact TVG directly. TVG stated there wouldn't be any, but threw in "At this time." If there would be any fees, why put that section in our accounts that says fees waived until June 1st?

bettheoverlay
03-03-2013, 01:32 PM
Do other ADWs charge their customers for wagering and video streams?

otis0930
03-03-2013, 02:48 PM
I see no where that you can partake in any TVG promotions like yesterday's Double Odds bet on the Big Cap, or any upcoming Derby promotions.

Does this mean we will also be shut out in Jersey when TVG holds their NHC contests?

My guess is they might be holding these off until they start charging us.

njcurveball
03-03-2013, 09:59 PM
I see no where that you can partake in any TVG promotions like yesterday's Double Odds bet on the Big Cap, or any upcoming Derby promotions.

Try to register at this link. I think NJ residents can do this.

https://www.tvg.com/page/betthepreps

I don't see any of their promotions when I sign in, but I still think we can play them. Let's keep sharing the info here, if we find something.

njcurveball
03-03-2013, 10:08 PM
.TVG does not answer E-mails or answer the phone!

I find it hit or miss with emails and been on hold for 5 minutes at a time when trying to call.

best part of calling was when I tried a 4th time and after being on hold, the message said the office was closed.

Another funny email was when I told them you cannot update your phone number on-line, they emailed back and said to give them a number to call and then I could update it. :bang:

I have to say that their website is slick and the wager rewards will be small, but better then nothing. But as for customer service, they are lagging way behind 4njbets!

duncan04
03-04-2013, 01:05 AM
Do other ADWs charge their customers for wagering and video streams?

TVG is the only one that charges .25 per bet :ThmbDown:

otis0930
03-04-2013, 12:53 PM
That seemed to work NJCurveball. Here is what I received after I registered

THANK YOU!

You have successfully registered for this promotion. Remember, you must wager at least $25 on four separate prep races to qualify for the bonus. Bonus will be credited into your account by no later than May 3rd.

You only need to register once. Thank you!

wonatthewire1
03-04-2013, 05:12 PM
Lot a snail mail from TVG today - main thing, besides the sales pitch and the glossy insert is that the account wagering card is no longer valid at the track. You have to make deposits with a teller.

Also you'll need their deposit slips but they have to be ordered. Nothing about wire transfers yet, but I haven't dug around all of the website yet

affirmedny
03-05-2013, 02:45 PM
Lot a snail mail from TVG today - main thing, besides the sales pitch and the glossy insert is that the account wagering card is no longer valid at the track. You have to make deposits with a teller.

Also you'll need their deposit slips but they have to be ordered. Nothing about wire transfers yet, but I haven't dug around all of the website yet

Can you bet through your account at the track??

john del riccio
03-05-2013, 03:20 PM
I chimed in a week ago to see from the real players what the state of the game was after being out of touch for a while....Oh my God what have they done to the greatest game in the history of the world ...

There is a bit of resentment building inside of me already and I have only been getting my feet wet....

John

wonatthewire1
03-05-2013, 06:00 PM

Didn't sound like it - right now, the wagering cards are not valid. There is a note at the bottom stating that they might come back in the future

Bennie
03-05-2013, 06:47 PM
NJBet cards are no longer valid. I went to Favorites Sunday and tried to get a voucher from my account but the card was not accepted. There was a woman sitting at table when you first walked in with information about TVG. I asked her about the card not working and she said "there are no more cards If you want to get a voucher from your account you have to fill out a withdrawal slip, show 2 forms of ID that verify you are the account holder and she will get cash for you, then you have to go to a teller to get a voucher" You can only wager online with TVG. I told her screw that and went back home and played on the computer. same goes for deposits. You have to fill out a slip, show 2 forms of ID and give her the cash. All transactions are "cash only"
TVG is not affiliated with the Meadowlands, Monmouth or Freehold. They are an "online" wagering facility only. And as far as "rewards" you are better off with the % that The Big M club gives you.

The Hawk
03-05-2013, 10:41 PM
The latest I heard is that NJ residents will "never" be charged a fee, even after June 1st. The June 1st deadline applies only to players that are not from NJ, and those players from out of state WILL incur charges if they don't meet the requirements.

Also, it has nothing to do with being grandfathered in, any NJ resident will get the same "courtesy". That includes no video fees and wagering fees. That's what I heard from someone who wrote to their support email address, so there's a bit of good news, anyway.

NJ Stinks
03-06-2013, 01:53 AM
The latest I heard is that NJ residents will "never" be charged a fee, even after June 1st. The June 1st deadline applies only to players that are not from NJ, and those players from out of state WILL incur charges if they don't meet the requirements.

Also, it has nothing to do with being grandfathered in, any NJ resident will get the same "courtesy". That includes no video fees and wagering fees. That's what I heard from someone who wrote to their support email address, so there's a bit of good news, anyway.

That's quite a bit of great news! Thanks for the update, Hawk. :ThmbUp:

Tic-Tac
03-06-2013, 01:05 PM
Now that im used to it i love it

alhattab
03-06-2013, 05:41 PM

Seems like the only way would be thru a smartphone or tablet for now, which sucks. I loved the seamless way you could work with the card. I hope they figure out a way to connect the account to something you can use on track.

RunForTheRoses
03-07-2013, 10:15 AM
Seems like the only way would be thru a smartphone or tablet for now, which sucks. I loved the seamless way you could work with the card. I hope they figure out a way to connect the account to something you can use on track.

I just got an iPhone and TVG works well with that. It is like having your own SAM Machine without the hassle.