PDA

View Full Version : Overlay System

timtam
02-08-2004, 08:53 AM
About 20+ years ago I bought a system from what was then known as Domino Systems. The whole thing was you took the Graded Entries from any paper and threw out the top choice. You then played slots 2-8 with a progression which was determined by the slot. Example the 2nd slots progression was fairly steep and I remember the 9th and 10th slots went something like this -2,2,2,4,4,4 etc. When you hit a winner you immediately went back to the first spot on your progression chart. I know I never used the system in its entirety because the 2nd slots progression was very steep. I think it went $2,8,14 or something like that. I was wondering if playing slots 2-8 or 2-10 could bring a profit with various wagering progressions per slot. The whole point is I lost the sheet and was wondering if someone mathematically inclined could provide me with a progression for slots 2-8 or 2-10. When I used the system I would start with the fourth pick down and use his progression and did hit a few $50+ winners. Also, would this system work at the track today?

John
02-08-2004, 11:35 AM
TIMTAM

In my opinion anything will work for at least a short while at the track.
I too, years ago purchased a system that I would like to get a hold of . I wonder if Domino is still around. also if Domino has a website. It was great to get a copy of any of the system for just a bucks ,[ our curious minds want to know.] If you find out more about Domino let me know.....

Dick Schmidt
02-09-2004, 03:01 AM
TT,

In European roulette circles, that is known as the "suicide system." It is claimed that it has caused more gamblers to kill themselves than any other betting scheme ever devised.

The attraction is that you will win most of the time. The downfall is that after many wins, you do hit that "impossible" losing streak, even at roulette where you hit about 48% betting on a color. Most people who study gambling tell you that you want just the opposite, a system that loses constantly, but then takes big bites. Not so popular, but it puts the money in your pocket.

Dick

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

cj
02-09-2004, 05:54 AM
I think systems such as this are the reason for the min-max amounts on roulette wheels and blackjack tables. It would be next to impossible to even try today in racing with the uncertainty of the odds board until long after the closing bell.

John
02-09-2004, 09:09 AM
CJ and Dick
Both you guys are right That is why I am looking for an old Trifecta paper and pencil method that was around in early 1990's I am sure it was a copy that was sold by "Domino" or "Discount Systems" The system picked its contenders using the DRF speed and track variant. Method would look at the speed and variant several different ways. Each way would produce a contender.

Back then a trifecta, was offered once a day,[ no $1.00 bets ] usually the last race of the day. It did not hit offen, the paper and pencil workout that I did back then had it on the plus side. I wish I could find someone who still has the method.

John
02-09-2004, 09:10 AM
ERROR

that should be early 9o's....