PDA

View Full Version : Jersey Getting Online Poker

RunForTheRoses
02-26-2013, 09:02 AM
Wish we could also get PTC but at least it is something:

http://www.app.com/viewart/20130226/NJNEWS10/302260035/Poker-anyone-NJ-lawmakers-poised-pass-Internet-gambling-bill

Robert Goren
02-26-2013, 09:16 AM
It would still be against Federal Law. And this is one law the feds prosecute as Poker Stars and that other bunch of thieves, Full Tilt Poker found out. I can't believe that any big name is going risk openning up a site in NJ. There are a lot of states where online poker is not against state law(almost all, in fact), but none of them have it.

RunForTheRoses
02-26-2013, 09:26 AM
It would still be against Federal Law. And this is one law the feds prosecute as Poker Stars and that other bunch of thieves, Full Tilt Poker found out. I can't believe that any big name is going risk openning up a site in NJ. There are a lot of states where online poker is not against state law(almost all, in fact), but none of them have it.

Yeah, we'll see how this plays out in six months plus. One thing is that Jersey is desperate with AC not the only game in town anymore-Aq Racino, Philly,MD, etc.

Dave Schwartz
02-26-2013, 11:04 AM
Perfect Timing for this article:

Feb 25, 2013 Nevada Governor Signs Bill Legalizing Online Gaming (http://phys.org/news/2013-02-nevada-governor-bill-legalize-online.html)

Robert Goren
02-26-2013, 12:42 PM
There is no hope that the UIGEA will be repeal the current congress. Anybody who tells you otherwise has form for you fill out in order for you to send them money.

davew
02-28-2013, 08:41 PM
FEDS are lenient against states' wishes

how many allow gay marriage and pot

proximity
03-06-2013, 01:30 AM
Yeah, we'll see how this plays out in six months plus. One thing is that Jersey is desperate with AC not the only game in town anymore-Aq Racino, Philly,MD, etc.

hollywood perryville had a soft opening tonight and will be officially open on thursday. 8 table room. supposedly timed rake ($5/30min) for nl. i remember charles town starting with that and later moving to pot rake though.