PDA

View Full Version : Race 1, Beulah Park, 2/25/13

Sparky13
02-25-2013, 02:06 PM
At Beulah Park in Race 1 (2/25/13) I saw something I have not seen for a long time in tb-racing. Of the $43,834 total bet on this race, win totaled ($9,765), place ($3,684) and show ($30,385), $28,809 was placed on #6-Paige's Prize to Show. This was a $7,500 Maiden Claiming race at 5 1/2 furlongs. Paige's Prize won the race as the 2/5 favorite. However, after a Stewards Review, Paige's Prize was disqualified from first and placed sixth for bumping another horse into another horse. So my $2.00 Show bet on #4-Pete's Blue Diamond came back as a $41.20 winner and just $20.60 for the win. :)

I LOVE THIS GAME
02-25-2013, 03:13 PM
The worst call in the history of racing.I will not be playing that crap track again for the rest of my life.I think the fix was in on that race.I watched over and over again and the 6 didn't do anything wrong, he ran out of the screen,they should close that track down.

JustRalph
02-25-2013, 04:00 PM
At Beulah Park in Race 1 (2/25/13) I saw something I have not seen for a long time in tb-racing. Of the $43,834 total bet on this race, win totaled ($9,765), place ($3,684) and show ($30,385), $28,809 was placed on #6-Paige's Prize to Show. This was a $7,500 Maiden Claiming race at 5 1/2 furlongs. Paige's Prize won the race as the 2/5 favorite. However, after a Stewards Review, Paige's Prize was disqualified from first and placed sixth for bumping another horse into another horse. So my $2.00 Show bet on #4-Pete's Blue Diamond came back as a $41.20 winner and just $20.60 for the win. :)

Happens from time to time. Look up "bridge jumper" that's the term for the guy who's money you took

I LOVE THIS GAME
02-25-2013, 04:13 PM
The person is prob jumping off the bridge now,check the news tonight.Or he is going to put a hit out on the stewards because he should not have got taken down.

ldiatone
02-25-2013, 04:15 PM
The worst call in the history of racing.I will not be playing that crap track again for the rest of my life.I think the fix was in on that race.I watched over and over again and the 6 didn't do anything wrong, he ran out of the screen,they should close that track down.
i agree. watched the replay couple of times and did not view what the 6 did to cause the 1 to pull up.

Stillriledup
02-25-2013, 04:37 PM

That was pretty bogus (just watched it). Geez, when you see something like this, you think "bush league track".

I dabble once in a while with a Beulah bet, but no more, no way i'd touch this track with a 10 foot pole anymore.

I can't remember seeing a more bogus DQ than that, brutal beat for those involved.

ldiatone
02-25-2013, 04:40 PM
That was pretty bogus (just watched it). Geez, when you see something like this, you think "bush league track".

I dabble once in a while with a Beulah bet, but no more, no way i'd touch this track with a 10 foot pole anymore.

I can't remember seeing a more bogus DQ than that, brutal beat for those involved.
Still...just viewed a pic of the track and noticed "10ft pole marks" all over the grandstand! :rolleyes:

rrpic6
02-25-2013, 04:42 PM

They will be closing Beulah soon. Penn National will be transferring the license to Hollywood at Mahoning Valley Race Course by the end of the year.

RR

BIG49010
02-25-2013, 04:42 PM
Mountaineer did it one time to Nicole's Dream when there was a huge minus pool, these little tracks can't take a huge hit on a minus show pool, there almost in bankruptcy as it is.

I LOVE THIS GAME
02-25-2013, 05:00 PM
They are all a bunch of SUCMBAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

duncan04
02-25-2013, 05:16 PM

Looking at the headon the #6 came over on the #5 but it looked like it was after the #1 had trouble. Typical Ohio racing b.s. it looks like. Ohio stewards are bad...

I LOVE THIS GAME
02-25-2013, 05:38 PM
I watched the head on a bunch of times he never made contact or crossed his path.He did nothing wrong, the stewards must have had a bet with the 6 off the ticket.It should be investigated.

cj
02-25-2013, 05:43 PM
Mountaineer did it one time to Nicole's Dream when there was a huge minus pool, these little tracks can't take a huge hit on a minus show pool, there almost in bankruptcy as it is.

Yep, exactly what I was thinking. A few of those and purses would take a hit!

cj
02-25-2013, 05:50 PM
Replay here, 1st race, 2-25:

http://www.beulahpark.com/New07/video/replays.php

Stillriledup
02-25-2013, 06:19 PM
Still...just viewed a pic of the track and noticed "10ft pole marks" all over the grandstand! :rolleyes:

You got that right ID! :D

HUSKER55
02-25-2013, 06:46 PM
I watched that replay 3 times and I have decided that Beulah is on my no-play list.

I didn't see it.

Not4Love
02-25-2013, 06:47 PM
They are all a bunch of SUCMBAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nothing but a bunch of desperate scumbag losers running the show. Anyone been to Beulah lately? Holy s...! I went there for the first and last time a couple months ago. Its like being in the company of death . What a nasty place!!!!

LAP_520
02-25-2013, 07:39 PM
The same call was made by Stewards at Parx Racing today in a 4 horse field. The winner "squeezed" the horse racing on the lead closer to the rail as they raced down the home stretch to the finish wire. Winner was dq'd.

Think you will see this type of riding causing a dq at "smaller tracks" than big league tracks.... due to the track's financial condition more that anything else.

Then again...... maybe the people that loaded up on the #6 in the show pool, also put money on all the other horses in the race and got all their money back and then some ..... ?????

Stillriledup
02-25-2013, 07:40 PM
I watched that replay 3 times and I have decided that Beulah is on my no-play list.

I didn't see it.

Its funny how the only people who think this is a legit DQ are the people in the judges stand. You'd have to look long and hard to find one horseplayer who says "yeah, deserved to come down".

How can you play Beulah after that clown show is beyond me.

Funny how this DQ actually benefits the track and state, they get to keep the 'takeout' of the show pool as opposed to paying out a minus. When you see a minus show pool get disqualified on something like this, its really a bush league situation for sure. Shame on Beulah, shame on those judges.

lamboguy
02-25-2013, 08:00 PM
i have the fine distinct honor of losing on both Nichole and this fine gem today @Beulah. in the Mountain i lost $10,000 show, today at Beulah i only lost $80. i feel like a real winner today after watching the race. i saw less of a reason to take this one down than i did Nichole's Dream.

this is part of racing, i am on to the next race already

duncan04
02-25-2013, 08:17 PM
They should be shot, they just robbed money right out of peoples pocket. Really hope they close down, bunch of okies!!!!!!!!!!!

they aren't going to shut down. They just got slots :rolleyes:

ManU918
02-25-2013, 08:29 PM
Nothing but a bunch of desperate scumbag losers running the show. Anyone been to Beulah lately? Holy s...! I went there for the first and last time a couple months ago. Its like being in the company of death . What a nasty place!!!!

If its anything like Parx, you think your in the middle of a filming of a Walking Dead episode.

Maximillion
02-25-2013, 08:34 PM
Apparently they are running spring/summer here with rd being remodeled?

Makes no sense to me....why not just run Thistledowns?
I actually kind of like that track (yeah Im the one)...hate the short fields but I like the consistent racing surface, and they usually have one or two races a day that are full and actually very bettable.

As someone who doesent mind lower level racing, Beulah is a crapfest even by my standards.

Some_One
02-25-2013, 08:34 PM
Im ok with the call, on the headon, the 6 kept going towards the rail despite not being clear of the other 2 horses which lead to him to drive the middle horse inside cutting off the 1.

ManU918
02-25-2013, 08:37 PM
As someone who doesent mind lower level racing, Beulah is a crapfest even by my standards.

This thread is hilarious. I cant believe people actually wager on tracks like Beulah. Look I like action as much as the next guy but Beulah? Really....

iwearpurple
02-25-2013, 08:40 PM
If a disqualification was warranted in this race, every single race run should have a disqualification.

I actually think that the one horse stumbled himself and was not interfered with at all, but if he was interfered with it was very minimal.

ManU918
02-25-2013, 08:44 PM
I just looked at Beulah's card today and their feature was an allowance race with a purse of $8500. Parx is like Toga compared to that shit.

Stillriledup
02-25-2013, 10:13 PM
Im ok with the call, on the headon, the 6 kept going towards the rail despite not being clear of the other 2 horses which lead to him to drive the middle horse inside cutting off the 1.

Sorry, couldnt resist. :D

http://www.lenscrafters.com/

cj
02-25-2013, 10:17 PM
This thread is hilarious. I cant believe people actually wager on tracks like Beulah. Look I like action as much as the next guy but Beulah? Really....

There is no accounting for tastes. Some people even root for United.

HuggingTheRail
02-25-2013, 11:30 PM
It almost looked like the 1 was spooked by having to run right along the line where the shadow of the rail is on the ground...

appistappis
02-25-2013, 11:38 PM
I don't get you guys at all...sure it was a bad call but beulah offers tons of great opportunities every day. So many 6 and 7 horse fields where there are 2,3 and even 4 throw outs. I've been killing it for the last while.

long live bealah

rrpic6
02-26-2013, 12:21 AM
they aren't going to shut down. They just got slots :rolleyes:

Sciota Downs, the Columbus area Harness track has slots. This is Beulah's last year. A new track in Austintown Ohio will get their license soon.

RR

greengorilla
02-26-2013, 12:30 AM
Hi in response to everyone's posts. I would like to let everyone know. I called the race track after them taking down the 6 horse Paige's prize. Spoke to ED the racing secretary at beulah.Explained I'm a jockeys agent, was watching the race here track side at sunland park otb. And I'm calling to find out what the Hell is going on there to take down the horse. He explained he hadn't' watched the race.???????? I asked him well, isn't you job as racing secretary to over see stewards and integrity of racing, he rudely told me to write the racing commission if I have a problem with the stewards ruling. I then explained in my 22 yrs experience as both a bloodstock agent and jockeys agent. I have never seen such a dishonest ruling by the stewards. I did not bet the race I explained. I was calling because the actions of his racetrack give all horse racing a black eye. Which effects all of us earning a living in this industry. He didn't seem to care. I DO BELIEVE THE RACE WAS FIXED. I will be sending a letter to the racing commission as well. As for ED VOMACKA racing secretary at Beulah. All I can say is he was very unprofessional, sounded uneducated as well. STAY AWAY FROM BEULAH PARK IF UR SMART.

Stillriledup
02-26-2013, 12:47 AM
Hi in response to everyone's posts. I would like to let everyone know. I called the race track after them taking down the 6 horse Paige's prize. Spoke to ED the racing secretary at beulah.Explained I'm a jockeys agent, was watching the race here track side at sunland park otb. And I'm calling to find out what the Hell is going on there to take down the horse. He explained he hadn't' watched the race.???????? I asked him well, isn't you job as racing secretary to over see stewards and integrity of racing, he rudely told me to write the racing commission if I have a problem with the stewards ruling. I then explained in my 22 yrs experience as both a bloodstock agent and jockeys agent. I have never seen such a dishonest ruling by the stewards. I did not bet the race I explained. I was calling because the actions of his racetrack give all horse racing a black eye. Which effects all of us earning a living in this industry. He didn't seem to care. I DO BELIEVE THE RACE WAS FIXED. I will be sending a letter to the racing commission as well. As for ED VOMACKA racing secretary at Beulah. All I can say is he was very unprofessional, sounded uneducated as well. STAY AWAY FROM BEULAH PARK IF UR SMART.

Great post GG.

Hopefully something will get done, this was an unacceptable DQ and it is a black eye for racing for sure, but more of a black eye for Beulah and their judges. Pathetic.

rrpic6
02-26-2013, 12:57 AM
Its sad to see Beulah Park's last days come to this. It was once a neat little place. The paddock area like a little Keeneland. Previous owner Charlie Ruma was a Mega-Millionaire that treated his customers like they were the big shots. They had a great staff including Mike Weiss and Todd Bowker (who posts here once in awhile). Penn National are now the owners. As I stated before, they are just biding their time until the license transfers over to Hollywood at Mahoning Valley Race Course. I think once they get a whiff of what happened today, heads will roll. No reason they would stand for saving a few bucks for such bad publicity.

RR

duncan04
02-26-2013, 01:00 AM
Its sad to see Beulah Park's last days come to this. It was once a neat little place. The paddock area like a little Keeneland. Previous owner Charlie Ruma was a Mega-Millionaire that treated his customers like they were the big shots. They had a great staff including Mike Weiss and Todd Bowker (who posts here once in awhile). Penn National are now the owners. As I stated before, they are just biding their time until the license transfers over to Hollywood at Mahoning Valley Race Course. I think once they get a whiff of what happened today, heads will roll. No reason they would stand for saving a few bucks for such bad publicity.

RR

Penn National doesn't care about racing so I'm sure nothing will be done, which is a shame.

greengorilla
02-26-2013, 01:04 AM
I know one thing when the track in Austin town opens, I plan on agenting there, and ED VOMACKA won't be the racing secretary there if I have any say about it.

precocity
02-26-2013, 08:38 AM
:1: :5: :6: running straight look like the :1: got spooked cheap azz jockey lost control of the irons and they take the :6: down. WTF that has to be the most corrupt race I have ever seen! the :6: did not do sheit but run them off there feet :ThmbDown: well never and have not bet that donkey track!!!! and I dont give a dam if he was a 2/5 you don't screw people out of money like that! that was a inside job period!

iceknight
02-26-2013, 01:44 PM
I watched the replay several times (esp the Head on portion), paused it and watched it frame to frame. The 6 or the 5 do not seem to cause the 1 to stumble. He does something to his legs on his own.. whether due to the shadows or just the jock doing something wrong.. I don't think the :6: did anything way out of order to be disqualified like that.

I LOVE THIS GAME
02-26-2013, 02:09 PM
Thanks hope something will be done but prob not,when you see something like this its a real turn off to horse racing,i have been playing horses for 20 years and never saw anything like this. Something shady def going on here. I did bet the race and felt like i just got my money stolen from me for no reason.I have seen worse situations at other tracks with a reason for a dq but this was not justified.

MAGICHORSEMAN
02-26-2013, 04:18 PM
That was an easy call for the stewards. They did the correct thing by disqualifying the winner. That is why they are paid to do.

I just can't believe that hardly anyone else can see. Only 3 or 4 people agree with the Buelah Park decision.

They made the right call.

People have to look at the head on replay.

mountainman
02-26-2013, 04:50 PM

I don't even know where to begin here. Firstly, you've got the chain of command backwards. The racing sec can be held accountable by the stewards, but not visa versa. In fact, NEVER visa versa. I can't IMAGINE a racing sec challenging the stewards on a dq call.

And as far as lurid conspiracy theories- I'd bet my life you're unaware that the OUTLET ACCEPTING THE LARGE WAGER must cover a minus pool. Not the track. So, what CONCEIVABLE MOTIVATION would a state steward have to engage in some risky, outlandish race-fixing conspiracy?

Do you know how much a state-steward earns? Too much, trust me, to imperil by conspiring to make the wrong call with brethren that (believe me) he probably doesn't trust all that much to begin with. Come to think of it, I've never seen a board of stewards that didn't hate on each other and bicker too much amongst themselves to conspire on LUNCH, let alone some malicious, readily apparent mistake sure to engender complaint and pull unwanted exposure.

And for what end?? To save the track 4 or 5 k????? All three of mnr's stewards, to underscore my point, work for and are paid by the state. Not the track. So why in the world would they CARE if betting pools take a small hit that the host track isn't even responsible for????? Or do you instead envision them risking warm, comfy job security and six-figure salaries to cash a bet on some cheap-claiming dash?? Because, make no mistake, sir, if you aren't implying that the beu stewards purposefully blew the call to stave off a minus pool, you're concluding that at least two of them were paid off or had a wager on the official winner.

Are you really going to stand on that? Or has even a modicum of common sense entered your thinking? I've come to expect nonsense like this from certain parties that crouch anonymously behind keyboards and lack the faintest notion of how racing really works behind the scenes. But, dude, you WORK in the industry for more than two decades and come with THIS????

therussmeister
02-26-2013, 05:49 PM
Its funny how the only people who think this is a legit DQ are the people in the judges stand. You'd have to look long and hard to find one horseplayer who says "yeah, deserved to come down".

How can you play Beulah after that clown show is beyond me.

Funny how this DQ actually benefits the track and state, they get to keep the 'takeout' of the show pool as opposed to paying out a minus. When you see a minus show pool get disqualified on something like this, its really a bush league situation for sure. Shame on Beulah, shame on those judges.
The negative show pool in situations like this is too small have much impact on Beulah's bottom line, particularly when you realize that each wagering outlet is responsible for their own share of the negative show pool.

The total show pool shortfall, had the results been allows to stand, may have been as small as $1,000 spread across all wagering outlets whose patrons bet the favorite to show.

senortout
02-26-2013, 05:58 PM
I would be upset had they not taken the winner down. Don't believe they were even a sixteenth of a mile from the gate when the infraction occurred....all three horses still vying for the lead and right over to the rail came the chalkie one.....what a travesty of justice had they not acted. Please watch the head-on of the incident.

cj
02-26-2013, 06:02 PM
I would be upset had they not taken the winner down. Don't believe they were even a sixteenth of a mile from the gate when the infraction occurred....all three horses still vying for the lead and right over to the rail came the chalkie one.....what a travesty of justice had they not acted. Please watch the head-on of the incident.

I watched the replay (the head on) and still see no reason for a take down. Actually, I don't even think it is debatable. If that is a take down, you would have DQs in 95% of all races ever run.

LAP_520
02-26-2013, 06:39 PM
From the Bloodhorse posted on this website...

"State steward Daryl Parker said the stewards have been emphasizing running straight out of the gate to riders at the meet. He said the point was emphasized again at a long film session with riders before the Feb. 26 card."

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/76502/dq-soaks-beulah-park-bridge-jumpers#ixzz2M3FW7XUC

So if they emphasize that straight run rule.... Why was not the #5 horse d q'd also.......he was in the two path before the #6 was against the #5 in the 3 path ????????

cj
02-26-2013, 06:50 PM

"State steward Daryl Parker said the stewards have been emphasizing running straight out of the gate to riders at the meet. He said the point was emphasized again at a long film session with riders before the Feb. 26 card."

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/76502/dq-soaks-beulah-park-bridge-jumpers#ixzz2M3FW7XUC

So if they emphasize that straight run rule.... Why was not the #5 horse d q'd also.......he was in the two path before the #6 was against the #5 in the 3 path ????????

There wasn't a minus pool on the 5? That is pretty hilarious to be honest. The "fouled" jockey didn't even claim foul.

Statements like this are what make people mad:

"You'd be surprised at how many people think that, but it never comes into play," Parker said. "We never have time to look at the odds or anything like that."

Seriously? Just shut the hell up. How long does it take to look at a tote board, 1/10th of a second?

greengorilla
02-26-2013, 08:11 PM
Never said it was racing secretary's fault or responsibility, for the stewards actions. Wanted to voice my distrust seeing how stewards would not take my call. Racing secretary was very unprofessional and sounded very uneducated. As for stewards getting paid six figures I don't think so. Ask Maureen Andrews if she is making 6 figures at mountaineer since that's where UR from. Don't know any stewards making that kind of coin at any surrounding tracks especially Beulah park. Your a dear in the headlights .

cj
02-26-2013, 08:21 PM
Never said it was racing secretary's fault or responsibility, for the stewards actions. Wanted to voice my distrust seeing how stewards would not take my call. Racing secretary was very unprofessional and sounded very uneducated. As for stewards getting paid six figures I don't think so. Ask Maureen Andrews if she is making 6 figures at mountaineer since that's where UR from. Don't know any stewards making that kind of coin at any surrounding tracks especially Beulah park. Your a dear in the headlights .

I wouldn't base anyone's education level on a phone call. That is going too far, especially from a guy that uses the wrong form of "deer" to make a point.

You are correct about the salaries. I'd be shocked if a Beulah steward was making six figures. After that call yesterday, they probably shouldn't make five figures. (Cue the music for Vic's emotional plea for leniency!)

mountainman
02-26-2013, 08:29 PM
Your a dear in the headlights .

Are you sure you want to go that way? Think it through carefully.

VeryOldMan
02-26-2013, 08:44 PM
Have absolutely no dog in this fight - I don't bet Beulah and have no information about the management. Watched the heads-on replay and thought there was a case for the 6 cutting inside and down on the 5, pushing the 5 towards the rail, and the 5 therefore make the 1 bounce off the rail. Nowhere near as clear on the long view.

Coached my kids in soccer and have otherwise watched enough of the sport to see players "sell" phantom fouls. Isn't the logical progression here (i) actual foul, (ii) well-sold no foul by jockey on number 1, and then (iii) something nefarious?

The stewards result made me think of Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

greengorilla
02-26-2013, 08:48 PM
I guess I shouldn't care what goes on at Beulah, I don't do business with people who buy and sell horses for a few hundred bucks. Don't gamble on there track and wouldn't let anyone who rides there ride my horses or hustle there book. There is nothing I haven't seen in this game that surprises me. But to the couple of negative comments I received. For speaking up for the gamblers and owners who lose thousands every year paying the bills on there horses and gambling at the windows. U should be ashamed. Im sure those moles work for the track in some capacity, trying to justify there actions. People like you who think the way you do are ruining the sport like a cancer. ED VOMACKA racing secretary called me today after speaking with stewards, explained it was a justified call. I simply told him I disagree and will write the commission for how I feel, also attached I will be sending a list of signatures from other owners and trainers who feel what they saw on tape was improper conduct and detrimental to racing after showing them the replay, and a copy of the equibase call on full charts that says 1 horse took a bad step. Those comments come from a leader in there industry.

cj
02-26-2013, 08:51 PM
Have absolutely no dog in this fight - I don't bet Beulah and have no information about the management. Watched the heads-on replay and thought there was a case for the 6 cutting inside and down on the 5, pushing the 5 towards the rail, and the 5 therefore make the 1 bounce off the rail. Nowhere near as clear on the long view.

Coached my kids in soccer and have otherwise watched enough of the sport to see players "sell" phantom fouls. Isn't the logical progression here (i) actual foul, (ii) well-sold no foul by jockey on number 1, and then (iii) something nefarious?

The stewards result made me think of Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Can't really involve the jockey selling a foul since he didn't even claim foul.

rrpic6
02-26-2013, 09:00 PM

Isn't Daryl Parker DeShawn Parker's Father? I recall meeting him at Beulah a few years back. He seems like an honest man. And it would appear he obviously would lean towards the safety of jockeys since his son is one.

Since Mountainman has put his two cents in...how about the infamous Nicole's Dream DQ?

RR

mountainman
02-26-2013, 09:16 PM
I guess I shouldn't care what goes on at Beulah, I don't do business with people who buy and sell horses for a few hundred bucks. Don't gamble on there track and wouldn't let anyone who rides there ride my horses or hustle there book. There is nothing I haven't seen in this game that surprises me. But to the couple of negative comments I received. For speaking up for the gamblers and owners who lose thousands every year paying the bills on there horses and gambling at the windows. U should be ashamed. Im sure those moles work for the track in some capacity, trying to justify there actions. People like you who think the way you do are ruining the sport like a cancer. ED VOMACKA racing secretary called me today after speaking with stewards, explained it was a justified call. I simply told him I disagree and will write the commission for how I feel, also attached I will be sending a list of signatures from other owners and trainers who feel what they saw on tape was improper conduct and detrimental to racing after showing them the replay, and a copy of the equibase call on full charts that says 1 horse took a bad step. Those comments come from a leader in there industry.

Mole? Cancer? Deer in headlites? For calling you out on your ridiculous claims that Daryl Parker fixed a horserace? You can't cloak your lunacy or justify your crazy accusations by labeling yourself some sort of player's advocate.

My name is Mark Patterson. And I don't accept insults from jocks agents. It might take three phone calls to find yours out.

mountainman
02-26-2013, 09:20 PM
Isn't Daryl Parker DeShawn Parker's Father? I recall meeting him at Beulah a few years back. He seems like an honest man. And it would appear he obviously would lean towards the safety of jockeys since his son is one.

Since Mountainman has put his two cents in...how about the infamous Nicole's Dream DQ?

RR

Look. I never said the Beu stewards made the RIGHT call. I simply said there was no "fix" in. Surely, you comprehend the difference. I've known Daryl Parker for 20 years and refuse to sit here silently while a mere jock's agent accuses him of a criminal act.

greengorilla
02-26-2013, 09:43 PM
Told u guys mountainman worked in some capacity for the track. Knew u were a mole. He's here trying to damage control a situation that's about to get out of hand. I mean when the 73 yr old owner of the 6 PAIGE'S PRIZE has owned horses for 40 yrs. And said the same thing as me it's the worst call he has ever seen. IM sure hes not in The sport for 3k purse lol. Blood horses article won't be the only one. I hear drf will publish one tomorrow. I don't know what you position is mountainman but your clearly an idiot. People like you need to be removed from our sport for sake of integrity. If the race wasn't fixed the stewards should be removed for there stupidity. As for all the blogs from handicappers across the country if you lay with Dog's u get fleas.And the lesson to be learned from all of this is Beulah is a dog track and the management are fleas. We all need to make sure these BOZOS don't come to the new track being built in Austintown Ohio panhandling for a job when Beulah closes. Because believe me people like this will ruin it in a hurry.

duncan04
02-26-2013, 09:53 PM
Told u guys mountainman worked in some capacity for the track. Knew u were a mole. He's here trying to damage control a situation that's about to get out of hand. I mean when the 73 yr old owner of the 6 PAIGE'S PRIZE has owned horses for 40 yrs. And said the same thing as me it's the worst call he has ever seen. IM sure hes not in The sport for 3k purse lol. Blood horses article won't be the only one. I hear drf will publish one tomorrow. I don't know what you position is mountainman but your clearly an idiot. People like you need to be removed from our sport for sake of integrity. If the race wasn't fixed the stewards should be removed for there stupidity. As for all the blogs from handicappers across the country if you lay with Dog's u get fleas.And the lesson to be learned from all of this is Beulah is a dog track and the management are fleas. We all need to make sure these BOZOS don't come to the new track being built in Austintown Ohio panhandling for a job when Beulah closes. Because believe me people like this will ruin it in a hurry.

Everyone already knows who Mountainman is. Surprised how connected to the game that you don't. Every time you post you sound more foolish than the last.

porchy44
02-26-2013, 09:54 PM
Basketball flopping - Soccer Flopping - Horse Flopping

I think the #1 horse flopped intentionally to deceive the stewards.:D

Really though I watched the head on and I saw no reason for a DQ.

cj
02-26-2013, 09:55 PM
Told u guys mountainman worked in some capacity for the track.

He hasn't exactly kept that a secret. You are way out of line here. If you want to be some kind of horseplayer advocate, you need to do it with class. Name calling and assuming somebody is uneducated from a phone call aren't going to get you very far.

greengorilla
02-26-2013, 09:56 PM
Should have smelled you sooner MARK. Can't believe they still have you on the air at the mountain. U and Nancy sure knock em dead with your picks LOL. If you read any of my comments donut man you would see I didn't call out any stewards personally by name. And who cares what a loser handicapper like you has to say. How many stakes winners have your sold or booked mounts for? zero last I checked, how many horses have u owned and payed a bill on. and your a liar no stewards make 6 figures and you no that. You really are a goof. In stead of posting your opinion you need worry about picking a winner once a month..

Fastracehorse
02-26-2013, 09:59 PM
horse had 12k to win on it right away ( 1:9 )

in my mind that is financial suicide because: many times these don't pan out for the naive gambler

how is the horse not going to win? ( I thought to myself ); and i watched the stretch run to see it how it didn't win

i think there is an unsaid rule that no one has to tell anybody what to do - when that kind of $ impacts the pools

of course sometimes i try and find a conspiracy where there isn't one

that Beulah one was very ugly - because a run away horse was DQ'd for winning the race

fffastt

duncan04
02-26-2013, 10:01 PM
Should have smelled you sooner MARK. Can't believe they still have you on the air at the mountain. U and Nancy sure knock em dead with your picks LOL. If you read any of my comments donut man you would see I didn't call out any stewards personally by name. And who cares what a loser handicapper like you has to say. How many stakes winners have your sold or booked mounts for? zero last I checked, how many horses have u owned and payed a bill on. and your a liar no stewards make 6 figures and you no that. You really are a goof. In stead of posting your opinion you need worry about picking a winner once a month..

see all his creditability goes out the window with each post. Show some class man. But I'm sure you love playing the tough guy on the internet :rolleyes:

mountainman
02-26-2013, 10:04 PM
Told u guys mountainman worked in some capacity for the track. I don't know what you position is mountainman but your clearly an idiot.

I've never hidden my identity or what I do. I CHOOSE to be accountable for every word I type on pace advantage. To post anonymously would be beneath my dignity. My name is Mark Patterson. I cohost mnr's simulcast show and work mornings as mnr's ast racing secretary. I also do the morning line, serve as stakes coordinator, and blog for the company's website. Not everyone likes me, but even my enemies respect me. And no sane person confuses me for an idiot.

And you're way out of line in accusing Daryl Parker of a criminal act.

appistappis
02-26-2013, 10:06 PM
I suggest that we take up a collection for greengorilla to take a basic english comprehension course. It is painful reading his posts.

MightBeSosa
02-26-2013, 10:14 PM
Had to see this for myself. Yeah, it was a bogus call. No idea what they were thinking.

Was the 6 somehow obligated to stay in the 5 path as a courtesy to the inside pair? Gently moved over, and something happened to the 1, prob a heel clip.

No foul. Stupid dq. Guess they will claim they are trying to send a message to the jockeys to play nice.

Stillriledup
02-26-2013, 10:45 PM
Had to see this for myself. Yeah, it was a bogus call. No idea what they were thinking.

Was the 6 somehow obligated to stay in the 5 path as a courtesy to the inside pair? Gently moved over, and something happened to the 1, prob a heel clip.

No foul. Stupid dq. Guess they will claim they are trying to send a message to the jockeys to play nice.

Yes, and they used bettors money as a pawn to make their point to their riders (as opposed to making the race official and fining or suspending the winning jock for 'cutting it too close')

Some_One
02-26-2013, 11:28 PM

Not the 5 path, but the 3 path, the rules of racing are no different then the rules of the highway, you don't turn it unless you're clear, he was never clear of the inside 2 horses yet still got to the 2 path by the turn, someone was always going to have to check hard because of that aggressive move

ManU918
02-27-2013, 12:23 AM
Not the 5 path, but the 3 path, the rules of racing are no different then the rules of the highway, you don't turn it unless you're clear, he was never clear of the inside 2 horses yet still got to the 2 path by the turn, someone was always going to have to check hard because of that aggressive move

For you to say this was an aggressive move is completely absurd. Never clear of the 2 horses? Did you watch the replay? Like CJ said earlier, if your going to call a DQ in this race then 95% of the races ran everyday should include a DQ.

ManU918
02-27-2013, 12:24 AM
I suggest that we take up a collection for greengorilla to take a basic english comprehension course. It is painful reading his posts.

LOL classic.

Stillriledup
02-27-2013, 12:25 AM

Its called raceriding, it happens in almost every race at every track everyday. Do you suggest 5 to 10 DQs per track per day? Do you think that's what the bettors want?

Stillriledup
02-27-2013, 12:29 AM
Here's what bettors want:

Pay the winners. Find a way to pay off the winners and deal with the 'administrative stuff' behind the scenes.

Stewards need to do everything they possibly can to leave a horse up and only take down the ones that they just have absolutely no choice in the matter. When i say no choice, i mean a violent crash and severe bumping. Anything less than a hard bump that costs a horse a placing, pay off the winners.

As a bettor, i just want to get paid, i dont stay up till the wee hours of the night crunching numbers and watching tape till my eyes bleed so some random person can play god with my money and no, it doesnt all even out in the end.

Some_One
02-27-2013, 12:46 AM
Its called raceriding, it happens in almost every race at every track everyday. Do you suggest 5 to 10 DQs per track per day? Do you think that's what the bettors want?

I think the bettors would want the rules of racing to be followed. The only reason this is an outrage is because a 2-5 shot was tossed for taking out some 50-1 longshot. If the tables were turned and a 50-1 shot cut off a 2-5 shot, everyone would have been demanding the head of the longshot's rider.

Stillriledup
02-27-2013, 12:58 AM
I think the bettors would want the rules of racing to be followed. The only reason this is an outrage is because a 2-5 shot was tossed for taking out some 50-1 longshot. If the tables were turned and a 50-1 shot cut off a 2-5 shot, everyone would have been demanding the head of the longshot's rider.

. Bettors want to be paid. If a horse wins by 12, you pay the winners off. As far as rules of racing goes, punish the jock behind the scenes, but leave the pari mutuel stuff alone. Its not unprecedented that a jock be left up and then fined/suspended for a mistake he 'allegedly' made.

Bettors dont' want stewards playing god with their money and that's exactly what happened in this situation.

Some_One
02-27-2013, 01:02 AM
. Bettors want to be paid. If a horse wins by 12, you pay the winners off. As far as rules of racing goes, punish the jock behind the scenes, but leave the pari mutuel stuff alone. Its not unprecedented that a jock be left up and then fined/suspended for a mistake he 'allegedly' made.

Bettors dont' want stewards playing god with their money and that's exactly what happened in this situation.

So what do you tell the connections of the horse that lost all chance because of the infraction, 'sorry but since your horse was 50-1, we don't give a damn about you, the 2-5 shot matters more'?

MAGICHORSEMAN
02-27-2013, 01:06 AM
I agree with you that is was a violent crash and severe bumping that led to the 6 horse being disqualified.

I don't know why more cannot see it. The 1 horse was knocked crazy because of the 6 horse. This horse might have won the race had not #1 had to take up and the jockey knocked out of the irons. There ought to be rules against this - sure enough there are- so the 6 was disqualified.

Mountainman was just trying to help explain how a racetrack is operated. There is no way the stewards are trying to fix a race. He is telling nothing but the truth. It is easy to understand. Why can't everyone understand the truth? He has alot of experience and knowledge in the industry.

Robert Fischer
02-27-2013, 01:11 AM

^ What a jackass

Stillriledup
02-27-2013, 01:35 AM
So what do you tell the connections of the horse that lost all chance because of the infraction, 'sorry but since your horse was 50-1, we don't give a damn about you, the 2-5 shot matters more'?
Hopefully judges arent judging based on odds, as far as 'losing all chance' that's what happens sometimes when you draw post 1 and you're a slowpoke and can't keep up, you might get shuffled back, post 1 isnt a great post in a sprint, that's why at the Derby Draw, post 1 is the last or 2nd to last post selected. Its a bad spot to be, especially if you're not fast enough to get the lead and not slow enough to be 8 lengths behind.

Stillriledup
02-27-2013, 02:09 AM
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92527&highlight=beulah+park

These judges have been known to let bumping slide for what its worth.

rastajenk
02-27-2013, 06:23 AM
The Beulah stewards gave Dean Sarvis a week off a couple weeks ago for doing almost the exact same thing (starting from the outside, getting to the rail down the backstretch with a superior runner and drawing off to an easy win) , so there is some consistency in this kind of decision. It's clearly different than some incidental contact elsewhere in the race that may occasionally be allowed to stand.

precocity
02-27-2013, 08:01 AM
[QUOTE=jcI watched the replay (the head on) and still see no reason for a take down. Actually, I don't even think it is debatable. If that is a take down, you would have DQs in 95% of all races ever run.[/QUOTE]
A month ago had 40 to win and 20 to place on the 5 at sunland park really forgot what race. the 5 was a 9-2 and the 8 was a 6-1 so the 8 goes gate to wire a furlong to go my 5 comes flying on that azz! as the 5 gets stride for stride with him with 10 feet to go the 8 veered off and takes my 5 about eight feet to the right? jockey objection and nothing happens? 8 wins the race. happens all the dam time! actually cut my finger crunching a bud light beer can after that race. :D

HUSKER55
02-27-2013, 08:02 AM
greengorilla,

which track are you the handicapper for? where do you post your picks?

I would be interested in reading about them, your methods and etc.

toddbowker
02-27-2013, 08:34 AM
As others have mentioned, the track doesn't bear the impact of the negative pool, unless the money is bet on-track. The stewards would have no way of knowing where the bridgejumpers made the bets while they are in the middle of watching a race, and they probably wouldn't have saved the track any money even if they did. Everyone can take off the tinfoil hats about the bridgejumper being the cause of the DQ.

As for the Ed Vomacka bashing, it's totally uncalled for. I have known Ed for a long time, and from my history of dealing with him, he is a good Racing Secretary (and a great guy to boot).

I worked as an official with Vince Clark, and also worked meets with Joe Deluca and Daryl Parker as Stewards. All decent guys who have been officials around Ohio for a long time. You might disagree with the decision, but the Stewards aren't evil, or incompetent.

From the media reports, the Stewards have been warning the jockeys about this type of thing, and it sounds like they have been ignoring it. The fact that one of the jockeys lost his irons speaks volumes as to why they made the decision to DQ the horse. We wouldn't be having this conversation if the jockey came off the horse as a result.

iwearpurple
02-27-2013, 11:06 AM
The fact that one of the jockeys lost his irons speaks volumes as to why they made the decision to DQ the horse. We wouldn't be having this conversation if the jockey came off the horse as a result.

Let me see if I have this straight. Because a horse takes a bad step (caused by the horse himself) and the jockey lost his irons, some horse needs to be disqualified.

I don't get it.

iceknight
02-27-2013, 11:09 AM
I, for one, did not let the bridgejumping or negative pool theory, influence me in any way. Simply watching the head on video multiple times seems to tell me that6 or 5 did not cause the 1 to stumble. It looks more like the 1 did something to his own legs and stumbled.

I did not bet this race, have nt bet Beaulah in a long time and I usually do not bet big favorites, and never bet them to show even if I did. In spite of all those factors, I just feel that in this case, it was not a fair and square result. The 6 deserved to be declared winner based on the evidence as I see it. This looks like a fake foul ruling in soccer or the recent boxing match where the celebrity (did not) hit the other guy to a knockout win

Scanman
02-27-2013, 11:33 AM

I watched the replay, including the head-on, and the looked at the chart. The chart writer adequately described the event. The :1: simply took a bad step. The :6: and/or the :5: had nothing to do with it.

Stillriledup has been "spot on" with all of his posts. The :6: was clearly the best horse in the race and should have never been DQ'ed. The connections were unjustly punished. This was a case of the stewards overreaching. Don't know if the connections have any recourse through the racing commission, but they should look into it. Clearly, the stewards blew this one.

Lastly, if, and that's a big if, the rider committed some type of infringement; it should have been dealt with as a separate matter. The connections and those who wagered on the :6: got hosed. These kinds of decisions continue to have the sport looked at in a negative way.

precocity
02-27-2013, 11:36 AM
I, for one, did not let the bridgejumping or negative pool theory, influence me in any way. Simply watching the head on video multiple times seems to tell me that6 or 5 did not cause the 1 to stumble. It looks more like the 1 did something to his own legs and stumbled.

I did not bet this race, have nt bet Beaulah in a long time and I usually do not bet big favorites, and never bet them to show even if I did. In spite of all those factors, I just feel that in this case, it was not a fair and square result. The 6 deserved to be declared winner based on the evidence as I see it. This looks like a fake foul ruling in soccer or the recent boxing match where the celebrity (did not) hit the other guy to a knockout win

pissed alot of people off if the blood horse did a story on it. the :6: blew there azz away and gets D-QUED.

moneyandland
02-27-2013, 12:00 PM
The #6 wasn't forcing the 5 over in any way he was just taking the path vacated by the 5, so if anyone should have been DQ'd it would have to be the 5, IMO it appears like the 1 spooked for some reason as there didnt appear to be contact and there was still plenty of room by the rail, the whole incident appears right along where the shadow is cast from the rail which may have aided in spooking the 1.

greengorilla
02-27-2013, 12:07 PM
Hate all you want magic, mountain,Todd,veryoldman. I didn't lose a dime in the race. All of you work behind the scenes at mtr and Beulah. I understand your passion to want to defend your coworkers. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion. But remember as a payed employee your words are binding even here. Let me ask you about Paucars ride last January where he pulled up the 2 horse Sterling Emblem 1 full furlong before the finish line. Then tells the stewards he missed judged the finish line, veteran rider misjudge the finish line? who's been riding there for years? See there still letting him ride there and you think these stewards are fair? Maybe to there coworkers but not to the gamblers and owners that support the sport. Those that know me personally know I keep pretty quiet, And I've done a great job for all my clients. Oh by the way those of you that work at mtr, that are posting in defense of the stewards. Please, I hope your working that vigorously to get the horsemen there pension money and lobbying to get the place fixed up its gross. It looks like the house on Texas chainsaw last I was there.

rastajenk
02-27-2013, 12:30 PM
It was Pusac, not Paucar.

greengorilla
02-27-2013, 12:39 PM
Sorry meant Alberto Pusac, regardless want to here there response for stewards ruling on that one.

MAGICHORSEMAN
02-27-2013, 12:47 PM
I have never worked for Mountaineer Park. The horseman already have a great pension plan. The track does not need to be fixed up. The track is one of the best racetracks in the whole United States. This track lacks nothing. It has a great grandstand with a really big blacktop slope area in front of it. ( Something tracks like Belmont do not have. ) It has a really super great lighted turf and main race course. It has a hotel and casino, pool, tennis, big concert hall,health club, great bands at the nightclub, great blacktop parking ( free). The track owns a nearby golf course. They used to have one adjacent to the track.

The only thing the track does not have is a place to park your yacht. But it is super great that the track has a river and the option for yacht parking. There were plans to build some boat parking. But just not implemented. There were also plans for horse trail riding.

The track really lacks nothing.

greengorilla
02-27-2013, 01:01 PM
I find it hard to believe you don't work at mtr living in chester wv.But you must not because you would know that all the horsemen have been waiting for 2 yea
Rs now for there pension disbursement. As for it being a wonderful place, I would imagine your ideal home is a luxury double wide. Because last I was at mtr they had a 1 trip buffet, ceiling tile that was falling down, and had maybe 100 horsemen sitting around telling me they don't know how there going to pay there bills, how depressing, saw very few non industry people in the stands. It reminded me of a flashback to the 70's. And if you knew anything about track condition you would know the surface is one of the worst in the country to train over and race at. Just ask the trainers

MAGICHORSEMAN
02-27-2013, 01:29 PM
I have never lived in any type of a trailer . The track in the 70's and 80's had tons of gravel. It was frozen in the winter and sometimes very very deep. But not now- they have a tractor harrow the track all night long. In the summer they have people walk the turf couse and fix torn spots right after the race. ( how many tracks do these things and what else could be done better?) The track owns their (yes it mean possessiveness) own very large sand and gravel place.

The track also has a new housing area for horseman, a new building for mess hall , new tack shops. The track has places for horse to take showers.

The track just put $350,000 remodeling the buffet area even though it was perfect before renovations.

The track is doing a very good job with the property.

Stillriledup
02-27-2013, 02:04 PM
I have never lived in any type of a trailer . The track in the 70's and 80's had tons of gravel. It was frozen in the winter and sometimes very very deep. But not now- they have a tractor harrow the track all night long. In the summer they have people walk the turf couse and fix torn spots right after the race. ( how many tracks do these things and what else could be done better?) The track owns their (yes it mean possessiveness) own very large sand and gravel place.

The track also has a new housing area for horseman, a new building for mess hall , new tack shops. The track has places for horse to take showers.

The track just put $350,000 remodeling the buffet area even though it was perfect before renovations.

The track is doing a very good job with the property.

What goes on at Mountaineer at 6am? I rarely see published workouts, are there no horses working out at this place? Horses will come back off 3 and 4 month layoffs with one stray 3F drill in 41, is that enough to get a horse fit, or, are there more works that just got 'missed'?

MAGICHORSEMAN
02-27-2013, 02:11 PM
I know trainers that do exactly just that. They bring horses right in from the farm and put them right in a race after only one workout. This is a very hilly area of the country. Most farms do not have any room at all for a workout at the farms nearby. Some trainers swim their horses as this is considered a safe thing to do. They just rest them up and bring them to the track and run them. And hope for the best.

Stillriledup
02-27-2013, 02:13 PM
I know trainers that do exactly just that. They bring horses right in from the farm and put them right in a race after only one workout. This is a very hilly area of the country. Most farms do not have any room at all for a workout at the farms nearby. Some trainers swim their horses as this is considered a safe thing to do. They just rest them up and bring them to the track and run them. And hope for the best.
Thanks.

davew
02-27-2013, 03:43 PM
Beulah might be a good place to run horses if you have inexpensive stock. Pay 5 places and not many races with 6 or more horses... lots of cashes...

VeryOldMan
02-27-2013, 05:33 PM
Hate all you want magic, mountain,Todd,veryoldman. I didn't lose a dime in the race. All of you work behind the scenes at mtr and Beulah. I understand your passion to want to defend your coworkers. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion. But remember as a payed employee your words are binding even here.

Please tell me you're joking - how did I get dragged into this? I've never even BEEN to Mountaineer or Beulah, for crying out loud, let along WORK at either place. All I did was make a post saying that I could see the argument that there was nothing nefarious about the DQ - not that it was right, just that I wasn't signing onto the corruption/conspiracy theory. Leave me out of the Mountaineer and Beulah bashing.

I LOVE THIS GAME
02-27-2013, 08:40 PM
Me neither. Whoever thinks this horse should have been taken does not know how to watch a race.

I LOVE THIS GAME
02-27-2013, 08:48 PM
There wasn't a minus pool on the 5? That is pretty hilarious to be honest. The "fouled" jockey didn't even claim foul.

Statements like this are what make people mad:

"You'd be surprised at how many people think that, but it never comes into play," Parker said. "We never have time to look at the odds or anything like that."

Seriously? Just shut the hell up. How long does it take to look at a tote board, 1/10th of a second?
EXACTLY

greengorilla
02-28-2013, 02:33 AM
In the end I'm just curious to see the action taken by the racing commission. There actions towards the stewards at Beulah park will speak volumes about Ohio thoroughbred racing, and weather or not they value the owners and gamblers that support there sport in there state. As for your comments Magic about the horses bumping out of the gate you really do need to get glasses, you insult the sport with every post. At know time did the six bump any horse. And I'm happy you love mountaineer, there such a wonderful track that when exercise rider VINCENT LEPIANE was killed they couldn't even send flowers or a card. Can't send a sympathy card for one of there own employees. I know I was at the funeral. They knew his family for 20 yrs, his mother Teresa has been running horses there that long, and how about Oswald Perrera getting caught 2 yrs ago cheating at blackjack at mountaineers casino, and they still let him ride there, granite he is banned for life from the casino, but what's that say about the track still letting him ride there after cheating his own employer. If you call that class and integrity you can have Mountaineer all to yourself. Hey maybe Mark can give you a job, cause your both good at lieing

Track Phantom
02-28-2013, 03:42 AM
Mark Patterson is a very good guy and an excellent handicapper. He's one of the best talking horses before a race. I disagree with him on some of the points he made in his original post but in no way, shape or form should Mark take the slightest of grief here. He's one of the few that has the guts to speak his mind.
Mark P made a good post about the likliehood of no conspiracy or benefit of the minus pool going away. Valid and logical. However, we (none of us) have any idea what motivates people. I know this, the #6 did not deserve to be DQ'd. I'm quite certain if I could muster the energy and motivation, I could find 25 races tomorrow alone that have the same action in the first two furlongs and not a single person, steward, jockey, etc would blink an eye. The #1 tried to hold position on the rail and the opening wasn't big enough and the horse tried to duck away from the 5 and 6 and hit the rail. This caused the #1 to bump the tail end of the #5 and lose his irons. While the 6 was riding tight, he wasn't in any foul. I believe what they did should warrant a severe reprimand and fine or even possibly termination. I think it was THAT bad.
There and their are different words and should be used properly. If you don't know the difference, you are spending too much time at the track. A grown man should not make 2nd grade mistakes, even on a forum.
The overarching problem here is a perception problem racing has. From the "little guys" in the stands or behind their computer, it feels like our interests and money are not protected nearly enough. Whether it be the drug issues, DQ's, poor management, unwillingness to post will-pays or scratch rules, not explaining track delays and letting the patrons sit for an hour without even knowing what is happening and on and on. I could name 100 things that are aggrevating impacts to the horse players and could be corrected without a financial impact to the track.
People like me, Stillril, Mountn...etc are the best marketing the horse racing industry has for securing the next generation of players who will take our spot when we go away or die off. Right now, there is a very slow replenishment of players and that is why the game is drying up. We can advocate for this game to the people that aren't exposed to it but, sadly, we can hardly name 5 reasons why we should. Things like this at BEU, with no accountabilty and a feeling of entitlement in not having to explain themselves pushes me farther away. While I'll play to my death, I have stopped trying to bring others into it.
It doesn't matter to me how "good" these stewards are, they made an inexcusable decision that cost a lot of people money. I didn't bet the race but, if I did, I would be homicidal if I was taken down that way.
Finally, this decision was not a subjective mistake. It was an overt action to overreach the penalty of what they saw as not abiding by "their rules and little film". The others were right. Leave the results and penalize the rider independently. Happens all the time.

Track Phantom
02-28-2013, 04:15 AM
When watching the DQ at BEU, I can't get out of my head how this race (link below) did not warrant a DQ or even an inquiry. I beg someone to make a case for no inquiry (and corresponding DQ).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODSRxsop_7I

greengorilla
02-28-2013, 04:31 AM
I appreciate your post Valento. Please understand I agree with most of your comments. What I'm sick and tired of is people like Mountainman who are paid employees of MTR that are suppose to represent the general public. Telling lies on this blog saying stewards are making 6 figures. That is a blatant lie, no steward is making 6 figures at any track in the regional area, especially mountaineer and he knows it. And it gives the false impression to handicappers on this site that are not in the industry, that stewards make big money and wouldn't risk there career to cheat. Once again that is false and that's what upsets me with his post. Everyone has there own opinion regardless how ridiculous some of them sound. And I respect each and every one. Can't say I agree with those people that say the race wasn't fixed. My idea of a fixed race is when the outcome of a race is changed with out warrant or cause through a nefarious act. In the end the racing commission will decide the fate of these stewards. I don't bet beulah, and didn't have a financial interest in the race. I am however tired of this kind of conduct ruining the sport. It runs current owners and potential owners out of the game, and leaves a black eye to the entires sport. That's why I'm so passionate.

Track Phantom
02-28-2013, 05:57 AM
I appreciate your post Valento. Please understand I agree with most of your comments. What I'm sick and tired of is people like Mountainman who are paid employees of MTR that are suppose to represent the general public. Telling lies on this blog saying stewards are making 6 figures. That is a blatant lie, no steward is making 6 figures at any track in the regional area, especially mountaineer and he knows it. And it gives the false impression to handicappers on this site that are not in the industry, that stewards make big money and wouldn't risk there career to cheat. Once again that is false and that's what upsets me with his post. Everyone has there own opinion regardless how ridiculous some of them sound. And I respect each and every one. Can't say I agree with those people that say the race wasn't fixed. My idea of a fixed race is when the outcome of a race is changed with out warrant or cause through a nefarious act. In the end the racing commission will decide the fate of these stewards. I don't bet beulah, and didn't have a financial interest in the race. I am however tired of this kind of conduct ruining the sport. It runs current owners and potential owners out of the game, and leaves a black eye to the entires sport. That's why I'm so passionate.

We agree on much of it but not in attacking a guy like Mark. He is basically one of us with a job in the industry.

I have no idea how much anyone makes and, quite frankly, don't care and think it was a meaningless statement by Mark. The fact is, nobody ever has enough money and to think someone making 6 figures wouldn't take an edge for more money is being niave. These stewards probably wouldn't jeopardize their job but to think just because someone makes 6 figures, they are somehow immune from making foolish financial decisions and looking for a way "out" of some problems is silly. Bernie Madoff anyone?

Fact is, the game has so many warts and when this kind of thing happens, it makes it uglier.

I don't care that these kinds of things happen (trainers cheating with PED's, jockeys throwing a race, stewards making an obviously bad call, a huge favorite pulls up 100 yards from the gate and his odds go from 2-5 to 3-1, etc). What I care about is NO ONE that has the control to provide protective oversight appears to be doing a SINGLE THING to bring accountability to the game.

JustRalph
02-28-2013, 07:53 AM

Funny, your definition of passion. I just thought you were being a rude prick.

precocity
02-28-2013, 08:34 AM
When watching the DQ at BEU, I can't get out of my head how this race (link below) did not warrant a DQ or even an inquiry. I beg someone to make a case for no inquiry (and corresponding DQ).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODSRxsop_7I

I remember that race :D

precocity
02-28-2013, 08:38 AM
Hate all you want magic, mountain,Todd,veryoldman. I didn't lose a dime in the race. All of you work behind the scenes at mtr and Beulah. I understand your passion to want to defend your coworkers. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion. But remember as a payed employee your words are binding even here. Let me ask you about Paucars ride last January where he pulled up the 2 horse Sterling Emblem 1 full furlong before the finish line. Then tells the stewards he missed judged the finish line, veteran rider misjudge the finish line? who's been riding there for years? See there still letting him ride there and you think these stewards are fair? Maybe to there coworkers but not to the gamblers and owners that support the sport. Those that know me personally know I keep pretty quiet, And I've done a great job for all my clients. Oh by the way those of you that work at mtr, that are posting in defense of the stewards. Please, I hope your working that vigorously to get the horsemen there pension money and lobbying to get the place fixed up its gross. It looks like the house on Texas chainsaw last I was there.

2 horse Sterling Emblem 1 full furlong before the finish line. I think somebody on here made a thread about that and posted the vid. the fix was in that day!

MAGICHORSEMAN
02-28-2013, 12:37 PM
That race did not warrent a DQ. That was just racing luck. Nobody made any mistake on that race either.

mountainman
02-28-2013, 02:27 PM
Since it's been established that the host track doesn't foot the tab on minus pools, conspiracy theorists can only be contending that at least two Beu stewards were involved in fixing the race for profit. Which, in that particular case, rather begs the question: What kind of master mind, well-heeled and brazen enough to buy 2 (or 3) stewards, leaves a 2/5 lock unaccounted for and on go?

I will eagerly await response. THIS, should be good.

Stillriledup
02-28-2013, 04:29 PM
Since it's been established that the host track doesn't foot the tab on minus pools, conspiracy theorists can only be contending that at least two Beu stewards were involved in fixing the race for profit. Which, in that particular case, rather begs the question: What kind of master mind, well-heeled and brazen enough to buy 2 (or 3) stewards, leaves a 2/5 lock unaccounted for and on go?

I will eagerly await response. THIS, should be good.

I dont think that the CT's (Conspiracy theorists) believe the race was actually FIXED in the conventional sense of the word (payoffs under the table, secret phone conversations, elaborate plans, etc).

I think that the CTs (including Bloodhorse.com who led with the minus show pool angle) just feel that either the judges looked up at the board and thought "lets stick it to this show betting genius who thinks he's going to get some free money off of Beulah's back" OR, they thought to themselves "lets make a statement to all show bettors, don't try and grab some free money from Beulah"

Personally, i dont think the DQ had anything to do with the show bet, i think they just probably wanted to teach jocks a lesson that if you arent going to go in an exact straight line at Beu, you might come down. Unfortunately, they proved their point by taking money from deserving horseplayers who bet on the winning horse.

I know for sure that some tracks leave results stand and yet, discipline jocks after the fact, so, its possible to pay off the winners and deal with administrative stuff in house.

They chose to involve the horseplayer to make their point to their jockey colony.

greengorilla
02-28-2013, 04:34 PM
I would love to here your response Magic and Mountain on your employers response to OZZIE CHEATING THE CASINO at your beloved MTR, and the action to let him still ride at there track. How about your good friends the stewards at Beulah? letting ALBERTO PUSAC Still ride after the STERLING EMBLEM fixed race. Also the moral character of a Employer like MTR not sending even a card to one of there excersize riders funeral. LOVE TO HERE YOUR RESPONSE. Make no mistake Mountainman you and your BS represent everything wrong with the sport and your comments show how little respect you have for the handicappers and owners that support the sport. And they pay you to handicap? WOW.
As to answer your question, who really knows why the stewards did what they did DQing the 6, but it was criminal in my mind and the minds of others that watched the race. People like that need to be swiftly terminated to save the integrity of the sport. I'll be waiting for your responses to the above comments.

mountainman
02-28-2013, 04:58 PM
Punching holes in your moronic notion that Daryl Parker fixed a horserace somehow disrespects handicappers?

Once again, you can't legitimize your malicious lunacy by presuming to speak for horseplayers.

Stillriledup
02-28-2013, 04:59 PM
I would love to here your response Magic and Mountain on your employers response to OZZIE CHEATING THE CASINO at your beloved MTR, and the action to let him still ride at there track. How about your good friends the stewards at Beulah? letting ALBERTO PUSAC Still ride after the STERLING EMBLEM fixed race. Also the moral character of a Employer like MTR not sending even a card to one of there excersize riders funeral. LOVE TO HERE YOUR RESPONSE. Make no mistake Mountainman you and your BS represent everything wrong with the sport and your comments show how little respect you have for the handicappers and owners that support the sport. And they pay you to handicap? WOW.
As to answer your question, who really knows why the stewards did what they did DQing the 6, but it was criminal in my mind and the minds of others that watched the race. People like that need to be swiftly terminated to save the integrity of the sport. I'll be waiting for your responses to the above comments.

Ok GG, no need to attack Mark, he's a good person, a good handicapper and a good commentator. Try and calm down and act in a responsible manner and maybe he will answer any questions you have.

Gee, and i thought I was riledup! :D

MightBeSosa
02-28-2013, 05:04 PM
I have a theory, they Beulah stewards mistaken watched that Mumbai race, thus the dq.

mountainman
02-28-2013, 05:10 PM
I don't think that the CT's (Conspiracy theorists) believe the race was actually FIXED in the conventional sense of the word (payoffs under the table, secret phone conversations, elaborate plans, etc).

I suggest you read Green Gorilla's initial post.

mountainman
02-28-2013, 05:15 PM
I DO BELIEVE THE RACE WAS FIXED. I will be sending a letter to the racing commission as well.

Better yet, I'll quote him for you. Sounds like a pretty conventional interpretation of "fixed" to me.

greengorilla
02-28-2013, 05:20 PM
What cant answer the question of Ozzie still riding at mtr after cheating? How about the stewards not banning Pusac after sterling emblem ride? You duck the questions cause all that comes out of your mouth is some bs about Darryl Paker and what a great guy he is, known him for years. The bottom line is all the stewards involved with that the race should be terminated period, regardless of who there friends are or how nice they are. That is how you restore integrity and prevent other nefarious actions like this one from occurring again.

davew
02-28-2013, 05:20 PM
I don't think the stewards screwed up, it depends on what you feel the jockey of the 1 was doing.

http://www.beulahpark.com/

race replays Monday 2/25 race 1

the action occurs near 25 seconds on replay

the jockey started pulling up at about 23 seconds, then clipped heal of 5 at 25 seconds, then about fell off.

I saw the head-on replay which showed the 6 and 5 racing to the corner and the jockey of the 1 about fall-off, but could not really tell if there was a lane left or not. When viewing the other 2 angles supplied by Beulahs website, I can agree with stewards - and they might of even had more angles than the 3 I have seen.

greengorilla
02-28-2013, 05:28 PM
They changed the outcome of a race without cause or warrant, yes that is called fixing a race. There doesn't even have to be financial gain involved, could be a personal vendetta. Regardless actions were criminal and wrong. Still waiting for a response to my questions. I know you won't answer them, but at least I have the guts to let these people in the forum now just how dirty you employer MTR is.

VeryOldMan
02-28-2013, 05:31 PM
What cant answer the question of Ozzie still riding at mtr after cheating? How about the stewards not banning Pusac after sterling emblem ride? You duck the questions cause all that comes out of your mouth is some bs about Darryl Paker and what a great guy he is, known him for years. The bottom line is all the stewards involved with that the race should be terminated period, regardless of who there friends are or how nice they are. That is how you restore integrity and prevent other nefarious actions like this one from occurring again.

You are trolling at this point.

There is a continuum of opinion about the underlying DQ - if the right wing is "the call was 100% correct" and the left wing is "there was a clear fix in on this one", we've seen a variety of views. I'm towards the right wing, mountainman is perhaps to my right, and there are plenty of others to my left. I'm not calling out anyone's integrity because they disagree with my point on the spectrum.

You are now introducing extraneous evidence about Mountaineer to attack Mark P, which has NOTHING to do with the underlying thread. Mountaineer and Beulah aren't even under common ownership.

The underlying point about the DQ not being justified on the merits is now lost in a swirl of conspiracy theory and character assassination. And to repeat - I DON'T work for either track, have NO financial interest in any of the stuff, and could only pick Mark P out of a lineup if my grainy MNR online telecast was good enough for me to say "that's the guy".

mountainman
02-28-2013, 05:37 PM
They changed the outcome of a race without cause or warrant, yes that is called fixing a race.

No, it's called poor judgement. And I've finally got you backpedaling. Your initial post was very clear. You can't disown or revise it.

mountainman
02-28-2013, 05:45 PM
at least I have the guts to let these people in the forum now just how dirty you employer MTR is.

Hiding behind a computer to call someone names-a person you'd never dare to insult face to face- doesn't take guts. It's a cowardly act.

cj
02-28-2013, 05:48 PM
Hiding behind a computer to call someone names-a person you'd never dare to insult face to face- doesn't take guts. It's a cowardly act.

Seems like a good note to close this thread on.