PDA

View Full Version : Does Tampa every have a speed bias on dirt?

sammy the sage
02-24-2013, 08:20 AM
Haven't played that track much...I do know the dirt surface has been described as "Quirky"

Twenty Seven
02-24-2013, 10:59 PM
Early speed does well, but so do pressers. Stalkers can win if a pace gets heated or if the best horse has that profile. In two turn tilts, speed isn't quite as important. In other words, pretty much the standard inherent bias as most dirt surfaces.

Twenty Seven
02-24-2013, 11:01 PM
As for specific daily biases, there are few. I'm sure the stable weather has a lot to do with that.

Robert Goren
02-24-2013, 11:03 PM
Haven't played that track much...I do know the dirt surface has been described as "Quirky" Is the Pope Catholic?

sammy the sage
02-25-2013, 07:02 AM
Is the Pope Catholic?

Depends on whose confession he's taking or which choir/alter practice he's attending.... :D

Back to the topic...some tracks SEAL before weather and BECOME EXTREMELY speed favoring...regardless of distance...just wondered if Tampa did....

Some_One
02-25-2013, 07:59 AM
name a track that doesn't have a 'speed bias'

lamboguy
02-25-2013, 08:14 AM
i was just on the track this morning, and that surface is deep. if they water it and pack in the dirt i can see where it could get pretty hard. to play that track as a speed biased surface you almost have to know how much work they did to it prior to the afternoon racing.