PDA

View Full Version : 1 1/16 M on Dirt At Gulfstream? How Did They Do That?

Thomas Roulston
02-24-2013, 08:02 AM
Referring to the Davona Dale Stakes of course.

OTM Al
02-24-2013, 08:26 AM
Well, the horses came out to the paddock, were saddled and the jockeys got on. Then the jockeys paraded the horses by the stands and then warmed them up. When it came time, the gate was moved into place and the assistant starters placed the horses in the stalls corresponding with the numbers the horses were wearing. This went quickly as there were only 5 entrants. The starter caused the gates to open and the horses began to run. One horse with early speed was allowed an uncontested lead and won pretty easily, thus ruining my cheap P3 tickets. After cooling down a bit, the winner was taken to the winner's circle for some photo ops while the others were lead back to their stalls for a nice bath.

ArlJim78
02-24-2013, 09:32 AM
although it's not possible to improve on Al's answer, one other bit of information is that they use an alternate finish line for 1 1/16 mile races.

cj
02-24-2013, 02:16 PM
They also use a ridiculously long run up, which is listed as 60 feet in Equibase charts. I think that is an outright lie though, it looks much longer.

iceknight
02-24-2013, 05:48 PM
They also use a ridiculously long run up, which is listed as 60 feet in Equibase charts. I think that is an outright lie though, it looks much longer. This "run up" nonsense is one of the biggest insider info and forces us to make guesses..

rastajenk
02-24-2013, 07:29 PM
Who uses run-ups, and how is that "insider info?"