PDA

View Full Version : Vudu

redshift1
02-24-2013, 02:56 AM
Nice PQ with the HDX setting, running from the Ps3 Vudu app to a Sony HDTV. Getting very close to Blu-ray quality. If the Bandwidth problems are ironed out
and providers don't throttle the usage down then we are one step closer to streaming almost all movie content. Now I just need a 4K TV.

pandy
02-24-2013, 08:05 AM
I've tried VUDU as well as Netflix, Amazon Prime, Best Buy's streaming. All have good programming but streaming is unreliable, every so often the picture freezes, doesn't always happen. Despite that I would stream more movies but they charge the same as Direct TV but with Direct TV I can get true 1080P because it's not streaming, it's a direct signal, much better picture and sound.

That being said, all of these providers charge too much for new movies, $4.99 or $5.99 for 1080P, very expensive in my opinion considering that for less than $20 a month I can rent unlimited Blu Rays up to 3 at a time through Blockbuster. For movie buffs who watch a lot of movies and want Blu Ray quality Blockbuster is still the best deal.

redshift1
02-24-2013, 01:16 PM
I've tried VUDU as well as Netflix, Amazon Prime, Best Buy's streaming. All have good programming but streaming is unreliable, every so often the picture freezes, doesn't always happen. Despite that I would stream more movies but they charge the same as Direct TV but with Direct TV I can get true 1080P because it's not streaming, it's a direct signal, much better picture and sound.

That being said, all of these providers charge too much for new movies, $4.99 or $5.99 for 1080P, very expensive in my opinion considering that for less than $20 a month I can rent unlimited Blu Rays up to 3 at a time through Blockbuster. For movie buffs who watch a lot of movies and want Blu Ray quality Blockbuster is still the best deal.

Without a stable download speed of at least 5 Mbps, streaming HD content is not worth it. If you watch a lot of movies per month then the Blockbuster deal is the best.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1459687/argo-itunes-vs-vudu-vs-blu-ray

As the technology improves and providing a stable connection there is no reason that streaming cannot achieve the same quality as Blu-ray.