PDA

View Full Version : SLEW'S FAST HORSES FOR SAT. 02/23

MeSlew
02-22-2013, 11:19 PM
Hello All! OK, so Saturday begins to get to the point with the Fountain Of Youth at Gulfstream Park and the Risen Star at the Fairgrounds. For you newbies, what follows isn't some secret code but
a list of tracks and races listed in Slew's Saturday file. They are:

Aqueduct - 9
Gulfstream - 1,2,7,8,10,11,12
Santa Anita - 2,4,5,6,7,8
Tampa - 3,5,7,9,10,11
Fairgrounds - 5,7,8,9,10
Parx - 6
Oaklawn - 3,5,7

There are also some special horses to watch for tomorrow. I call them few Key Horses.

CURRENT KEY HORSES

Bold Challenger - GP ( 7) CD 11/02/12 # 4
Za Approval - GP (10) GP 12/08/12 # 5
Orb - GP (11) SAR 08/18/12 # 4
Let It Rock - TAM (10) TAM 12/08/12 # 7
Infrattini - FG ( 8) CD 11/22/12 # 4

Notes on most of these can be found on my racing BLOG. The link is on the main page of Slew's website.

Back on November 28, 2912 I wrote a wrap piece on the fall meet at Churchill. I found one fast race and one other race to note. Of the "other" race:

The only other race that caught my eye was a MSW affair run at 1 mile on the turf on Friday, 11/02/2012. In rather stark contrast, the 6 furlong timing was 1:12.15 but the 7th furlong quickened nicely into an 11.48 split and the race finished in a very professional 1:35.60 with Bold Challenger (Exchange Rate - Best Mom, by Chester House) drawing clear in the stretch. He becomes the first next out winner out of his last, a Keeneland affair run on 10/10/2012 at 1 mile as race #6.

And of the "only fast race":

One lousy race with splits worthy of Slew's note. That race was run on 11/22/2012 as race #4 on the main track at 1 mile as an AlwOC. There were 4 notable splits in that affair with the front running winner Infrattini (Include - Casa Frattini, by Mr. Greeley) finishing in a slightly geared down fashion in 1:33.31 after clocking 6F in 1:08.83 and running the 7th Furlong in a very nice 11.89 seconds. I certainly hope the owners, Z Thoroughbreds, stuck a winning ticket into the boot of Mr. Rosario because he paid $14.20 while the favorite Rule and 2nd favorite Hamazing Destiny took most of the money. They finished 4th and last respectively with both seeing nothing but the rump of the front running winner.

Let us also note that Infrattini next won the Louisiana Handicap at the Fairgrounds by almost 2 lengths, paying $7.80.

Za Approval was a scratch from the Tampa Bay Stakes on 2/16 and shows up here in the Canadian Turf.

Also notable is Slew's single in the Risen Star: Code West. This one finished second to Super Ninety Nine who went ahead and won the Southwest Stakes at Oaklawn this past Monday. Code West is a bit of a grinder and runs without blinkers for the first time. Oh yeah...trained by Bob Baffert. My rule: a Slew single, trained by Bob baffert and giving odds of 4-1 or better gets special attention. The ML is 6-1 and the field is large. Good chance for the ML to hold. Ignore at your own risk.

The bad news is that I am working and will miss all the action. The good news is that you won't. You can download the Saturday file by clicking the link below. You can also access Slew's BLOG from the main page on the same site.

So enjoy the Saturday racing. And as always...good luck and good 'capping!