PDA

View Full Version : Freight.

Stillriledup
02-22-2013, 02:31 PM
Bill Mott 3rd time starter, i kind of liked him today, he was coming out of 2 races vs much better, this wasnt a great field, and this one STUNK. Wow. I'm wrong quite often, but usually not THIS wrong. That was embarrassing.

Aptly named, look like was towing a freight train behind him.

Track looks very speedy today, didnt think this event would go 110. (considering we've seen some 117's recently)

thaskalos
02-22-2013, 02:33 PM
Bill Mott 3rd time starter, i kind of liked him today, he was coming out of 2 races vs much better, this wasnt a great field, and this one STUNK. Wow. I'm wrong quite often, but usually not THIS wrong. That was embarrassing.

IMO...this is not a game for the easily embarrassed. :)

Stillriledup
02-22-2013, 02:41 PM
IMO...this is not a game for the easily embarrassed. :)

I feel embarrassed by a wager i've made 1 out of every 1000. This was one of those times. These are the types of performances that can make a sane person (and me too lol) question what he's doing in this game as a handicapper.

bob60566
02-22-2013, 02:45 PM
I feel embarrassed by a wager i've made 1 out of every 1000. This was one of those times. These are the types of performances that can make a sane person (and me too lol) question what he's doing in this game as a handicapper.
With Mott you could have been one race to soon ??

Stillriledup
02-22-2013, 03:09 PM
With Mott you could have been one race to soon ??

No, this was a 3rd timer who ran 2 times in higher company and got beaten by double digits both times, but in his first start, he made a nice turn move vs monsters, seemed to have a decent stride and look and was dropping to a much more manageable level. Or, so i thought.

Robert Goren
02-22-2013, 05:39 PM
I am seldom embrassed by the wager I made. It is the ones I should have made that turns my face pink.

bob60566
02-22-2013, 05:50 PM
No, this was a 3rd timer who ran 2 times in higher company and got beaten by double digits both times, but in his first start, he made a nice turn move vs monsters, seemed to have a decent stride and look and was dropping to a much more manageable level. Or, so i thought.
The point was Mott is 35% 4th race Mdn debut wins :)

Stillriledup
02-22-2013, 06:41 PM
The point was Mott is 35% 4th race Mdn debut wins :)

I would only bet Freight back if: He stretched out in a bad field and he was a longer price...and, the track would have to be kind to closers, today wasnt that kind.

Stillriledup
02-22-2013, 11:20 PM
Freight Was Claimed. (so i wasnt the only dummy who liked him!)

Pretty fast times and internals for this race, maybe Freight isnt the worst creature in Ozone Park after all. Hopefully he can get into a 2 turn race at a big price against sluggos.

johnhannibalsmith
02-22-2013, 11:25 PM
I would only bet Freight back if...

Bump this thread when he's back in. If I just happen to already be way out of my way and thus in the vicinity of an OTB on that day, I may have a reason to stop. :lol:

Stillriledup
02-23-2013, 12:37 AM
Bump this thread when he's back in. If I just happen to already be way out of my way and thus in the vicinity of an OTB on that day, I may have a reason to stop. :lol:

OK! Im sure the Freight Train will get a bumperooski when he's back in. He's a creature for sure, but even some of the slowest horses can get in a situation where they can win, i'm going to have to see some real slowpoke competition in order to open up the wallet for this guy next time.

Stillriledup
05-11-2013, 05:34 AM
Freight train entered May 11 at Belmont in Race 10.

First time gelding possibly? Anyone know?

Rise Over Run
05-11-2013, 07:47 AM
First time gelding possibly? Anyone know?

He was listed as a colt the last time he ran.

woodtoo
05-11-2013, 10:51 AM
He's gelded for today's race,1st timer :7:Smokey Brown showing good recent works.

tucker6
05-11-2013, 08:03 PM
came in 3rd today. He was the :6:

http://www.nyra.com/belmont/videos/20130511/10/

MightBeSosa
05-11-2013, 09:27 PM
the folks that bet on him were gelded today.

maggie says WAS gelding.

Stillriledup
05-11-2013, 10:41 PM
the folks that bet on him were gelded today.

maggie says WAS gelding.

Why would she say he was a gelding?

PhantomOnTour
05-12-2013, 12:44 AM
He didn't run that bad today...as I recall, the winner drew off like they all were today and he made a nice late move for 2nd or 3rd

Rise Over Run
05-12-2013, 04:25 AM
Entered in Wednesday's 5th, $16k Maiden.

Rise Over Run
05-15-2013, 12:50 PM
Entered in Wednesday's 5th, $16k Maiden.
Early scratch.

Longshot6977
05-15-2013, 02:14 PM
I guess 4 days rest wasn't enough, lol. I wonder if he'll be in another MCL for $16K.

Longshot6977
05-16-2013, 07:49 AM
Freight is entered tomorrow in Belmont's 5th. This time, it's a MCL for $40K. I thought $16k was too low. Now Galluscio went the reverse and raised him to $40K. Good luck to all.

Stillriledup
08-04-2013, 02:42 AM
Freight won the 9th race on Aug 2 at Stga, and was DQ'd from the win. I have to say i think this was a bogus DQ, Bad beat for those bet on the winner and didnt get paid.

(i wont even mention Durkin doing everything in his power to get this winner disqualified ;) )

castaway01
08-04-2013, 08:13 AM
Freight won the 9th race on Aug 2 at Stga, and was DQ'd from the win. I have to say i think this was a bogus DQ, Bad beat for those bet on the winner and didnt get paid.

(i wont even mention Durkin doing everything in his power to get this winner disqualified ;) )

Yeah, I'm sure Tom was paid off to do that in case there was a problem in the stretch.

At least you got another post of gibberish in.

holmmd
08-04-2013, 10:23 PM

I had $$ on Freight in that race. A lot. I knew they were taking him down after the other horse steadied. Think it was the right call as well since the other horse was moving well and looked like he was going to get up at the wire.

Stillriledup
08-04-2013, 11:03 PM
I had $$ on Freight in that race. A lot. I knew they were taking him down after the other horse steadied. Think it was the right call as well since the other horse was moving well and looked like he was going to get up at the wire.

The 2pf wasnt going to win, Freight was "rebreaking" at the wire and was pulling away from the other horse who was hanging and trying to lug in.

holmmd
08-05-2013, 05:30 PM
disagree

iceknight
08-05-2013, 05:36 PM
The 2pf wasnt going to win, Freight was "rebreaking" at the wire and was pulling away from the other horse who was hanging and trying to lug in. No... Freight definitely got into the path of the other and the jockey had to check.. or both horses cut each other up and fall. It was a fair DQ

Stillriledup
08-05-2013, 07:16 PM
No... Freight definitely got into the path of the other and the jockey had to check.. or both horses cut each other up and fall. It was a fair DQ

The jock overreacted imo and he wasnt going to go by. Bad DQ.

Stillriledup
08-05-2013, 07:18 PM
disagree

The horse wasnt going to win. Freight was accelerating thru the wire, he was still full of run, the other horse wasnt going to get by.

Rise Over Run
08-05-2013, 07:30 PM
The horse wasnt going to win. Freight was accelerating thru the wire, he was still full of run, the other horse wasnt going to get by.
I can see your point about the jockey on the Force Multiplier over reacting to Freight coming out down the lane, but I still think he was going to get by before the wire. I could understand the stewards ruling either way as it wasn't a clear cut decision to me. But for you to imply the Freight was "accelerating through the lane, he was still full of run" is laughable. These are $25k maiden claimers and none of them are accelerating through the lane. The top two were just staggering home slightly less than the rest of the field.

Freight is probably good enough to eventually take a maiden claimer in NY. The rest of the field, I really have my doubts. And winning at Finger Lakes doesn't count.

Stillriledup
08-05-2013, 07:33 PM
I can see your point about the jockey on the Force Multiplier over reacting to Freight coming out down the lane, but I still think he was going to get by before the wire. I could understand the stewards ruling either way as it wasn't a clear cut decision to me. But for you to imply the Freight was "accelerating through the lane, he was still full of run" is laughable. These are $25k maiden claimers and none of them are accelerating through the lane. The top two were just staggering home slightly less than the rest of the field.

Freight is probably good enough to eventually take a maiden claimer in NY. The rest of the field, I really have my doubts. And winning at Finger Lakes doesn't count.

Freight was "pulling away" from the 2pf under the line. Freight essentially wandered and was unfocused but when he felt the pressure of the other horse, he had another gear.

cordep17
08-05-2013, 07:49 PM
That was 50/50 as to who was going to win that race.
You've got to give it to the horse that was cut off and was forced to slow down.

You can't reward a foul.

Stillriledup
08-05-2013, 07:56 PM
That was 50/50 as to who was going to win that race.
You've got to give it to the horse that was cut off and was forced to slow down.

You can't reward a foul.

I don't think it was 50/50.

Rise Over Run
08-05-2013, 08:15 PM
Freight was "pulling away" from the 2pf under the line. Freight essentially wandered and was unfocused but when he felt the pressure of the other horse, he had another gear.
First he bears in, then he bears out. Definitely a sign of a horse with another gear. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I can understand you frustration with the DQ because I don't see it as a slam dunk decision. But all your points trying to make Freight look like a super horse are nonsense.

Stillriledup
08-05-2013, 08:16 PM
First he bears in, then he bears out. Definitely a sign of a horse with another gear. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I can understand you frustration with the DQ because I don't see it as a slam dunk decision. But all your points trying to make Freight look like a super horse are nonsense.

He's not a super horse, i'm just talking about what i saw on tape, nothing more. Sometimes horses "pull themselves up" and lose focus, but regain focus when they feel the pressure of another horse...i think that's what happened here.

Stillriledup
10-06-2014, 02:55 PM
Freightmeister at the Finger in 10.

jk3521
10-06-2014, 03:14 PM
Freightmeister at the Finger in 10.
I'll just have to drop everything to watch ! :lol:

Stillriledup
10-06-2014, 04:03 PM
I'll just have to drop everything to watch ! :lol:

:D

2nd!

jk3521
10-06-2014, 04:12 PM
Looks like it's only a horse to look for underneath in exotics. That makes him useful. You don't want him to win, then you don't know what to do with him in future races. These kind of horses are very useful to use in exotics. Once they win you drop them.They seldom follow up against winners.

Rise Over Run
10-24-2014, 03:37 PM
Broke slow and then never lifted a hoof at even money in today's 2nd from Finger Lakes. :lol: :lol:

Rise Over Run
07-13-2015, 07:13 AM
Career maiden Freight goes in today's 5th from Finger Lakes, a 6f $12.5 maiden claimer.

Stillriledup
07-13-2015, 03:39 PM
Career maiden Freight goes in today's 5th from Finger Lakes, a 6f $12.5 maiden claimer.
Lackluster 4th? :bang:

Rise Over Run
07-28-2015, 04:52 PM
Superhorse Freight is no longer a maiden! Took a $5k claimer at Finger Lakes today. Race 6; paid $2.90 to win.

Also, was not claimed. It will be interesting to see where the connections head to next.

Rise Over Run
08-25-2016, 10:23 PM
Sorry, it's the inner SRU in me to bump a year-old thread. Freight won again next time out in a 5K nw2L at Finger Lakes in August 2015 and hasn't been seen since.

The only reason I stumbled on this was looking back at charts for 2-time Carter winner Dads Caps. In February 2013, subsequent multiple G1 winner Dads Caps aired first time out in same Maiden Claimer that Freight was claimed out of for $60k. Dads Caps would go on to win over $1M, Freight... broke his maiden in bottom level claimer and won $35k... tough game.