PDA

View Full Version : Gulfstream Park: "Rainbow-6," Fri., Feb. 22

Teach
02-22-2013, 12:05 PM
Gulfstream Park: Fri., February 22:

“Rainbow” Pick-6

Race Five:

:4: Elite Warrior finished second to a runaway winner in this company last time. Corey Laneries (replaces Joe Bravo) in the irons for trainer Mike McDonald who has a 21% trainer record when there’s no change in class. This Giant’s Causeway-bred gelding may be coming up to a maiden-breaking effort. My only concern is a lackluster effort in a recent morning work.

:9: Monty’s Tune is “the mystery horse” here. I like the jockey switch to Luis Saez. I’m also willing to give the colt a “mulligan” on his lethargic effort in a turf race last month. The recent morning work tab for this recently claimed Kirk Ziadie-trained horse is acceptable. I just don’t know what to expect when he tries the dirt for the first time. My feeling is that the Concorde Bound breeding on his sire’s side is more geared for sprint races. Watch the tote.

:5: Gold Bitten Tiger looks like he’ll probably go off as “the fave”. He’s been installed as the 2-1 morning line chalk. The colt closed well at a mile. I’m just concerned that he may have been “best the rest” in his last. My inclination tells me that he may be better suited for a shorter distance. Yet it’s hard to tell, especially in this wide-open race.

:2: Master of Humor was steadied on the backstretch in his last. That fact may have compromised his chances of hitting the tote. The A.P. Indy-bred gelding has faced better on the turf in the past. It would seem that a cleaner, trouble-free trip would put this gelding into contention. The most capable Javier Castellano rides for the equally capable David Fawkes.

:8: Lunar Event made a late move against similar in his last; he finished third. The Awesome Again-bred colt was claimed out of his most recent race by trainer Mike Pino; Mario Pino rides. In his last, the colt went off as the prohibitive favorite. Trainer Mike Pino is very good at bringing beaten favorites into the winner’s circle in their very next start.

Race Six:

:11: Unlimited Power is my choice here in this turf sprint. If I knew, before I played my Rainbow 6, that Corey Lanerie was going to win the previous race, I’d like this horse even more. I believe winning is self-perpetuating. This is the horse’s first grass effort; yet his breeding, e.g., Carson City, Relaunch, suggests that the gelding should have little trouble handling the lawn. Shortening up a furlong and a-half may help as well.

:9: Original Cast is a horse who’s capable of winning here. The gelding ships in from Woodbine where he competed against better. Joel Rosario is one of best jocks competing at the Gulfstream meet. The gelding should benefit from the outside starting post. Trainer Bryan Lynch is having a very good meet.

:8: Visionandaprayer was second in this company last time. Any slight improvement can put this Unbridled’s Song-bred gelding in the winner’s circle.The gelding his hit the board twice in four turf tries. Luis Saez for trainer David Fawkes.

:7: d’Pepjo fits very well in this company; he dropping down from the optional claiming ranks. The Danzig-bred colt has the services of one the Gulfstream’s leading jockeys, Javier Castellano. Should be considered.

Race Seven:

:4: Put Her Back Zach switches to a high percentage trainer, Peter Walder. She also has the services of “El Dominicano,” Jo-el Rosario. Although the filly hasn’t been out for a couple of months, she’s most capable of being a factor here. She should enjoy the added distance.

:10: Zeffee is another horse worth considering in the single-turn route. The A.P. Indy-bred mare could do nothing on the lawn in her last; however, the switch to the main track could do wonders. She certainly has faced better. Orlando Bocachica in the irons for trainer Joe Calascibetta. It’s also the mare’s second start off a layoff.

:9: Naiguata is another horse who’s faced better. She won her last in 8-thou claiming company. She certainly has the ability to repeat. The mare has hit the tote in four of seven races at the distance. Fernando Jara rides for Rodolfo Garcia.

:3: Cat Can Do is a veteran mare with nearly a half-million dollars in lifetime earnings. Like Ol’ Man River (Thank you, “Showboat”) she just “keeps rollin’ along.” She’s hit the board in her last two starts in this company. Sebastian Madrid for trainer Bruce Brown.

Race Eight:

:7: Timeless Indy is my pick in this turf marathon. The A.P. Indy-bred gelding finished third in his only turf start. Any slight improvement would put him in the winner’s circle. The Hall-of-Famer, John Velazquez, is in the irons for Hall of Fame trainer, Bill Mott.

:6: Artie’s Jasper has the services of one of the meet’s top jocks, Jose Lezcano. The Artie Schiller-bred gelding was carried out in the turn in his last. A trouble-free trip would easily put this gelding into contention. Phil Serpe trains.

:4: Punctual Jeff has hit the tote in six of eight turf tries. Joel Rosario pilots this Southern Halo-bred colt. The colt has hit the tote in all five of his recent races. No reason to believe he can’t be right there, again. The most capable Mike Maker trains.

:2: Lime Drop Kid finished second in his last turf try. The horse went off the chalk and just missed as he was steadily gobbling up real estate in the stretch. Javier Castellano rides for Roger Attfield.

Race Nine:

:8: Sonja’s Angel has been second and third in her last two. The Smoke Glacken-bred mare is shortening up; that should enhance her chances. She had a solid recent work breezing from the gate. Javier Castellano rides for trainer Peter Walder.

:5: Silent Fright hasn’t been out for many moons; yet her moening work-tab indicates she’s ready for her return to the races. Iof reasonably ready, this lightl;y-raced Yes It’s True-bred mare can prevail in this company. Joe Bravo for trainer Kiaran McLaughlin.

:10: City Trip should benefit from his outside post. Although her only win came on the turf, the Trippi-bred filly is capable of winning on the main track. Edgar Prado, “the Peruvian petardo,” for trainer Roger Laurin.

:7: Fiscal Fitness is my longshot try here. The Silver Deputy-bred filly fits in this company. If she gets the trip, she might just surprise. Worth a look, both on the track and on the tote. Corey Lanerie for trainer Bill Connelly.

Race Ten:

:11: Green Waters is my choice in this maiden claiming turf route. The horse finished fourth in this company last time. The Seeking The Gold-bred filly shortens up a half-furlong, that should help. So too should the services of Edgar Prado for trainer Dan Vella.

:7: Feline Forum is my longshot try here in the finale. The Medaglia D’oro-bred filly showed little in this company in her last; her initial turf effort. Yet, I’m willing to give her another look. I like her turf breeding. I feel that it’s possible that she can be factor here. Paco Lopez for Joe Orseno.

:3: Bahia De Oro has hit the tote in two out of four lifetime turf tries. She’s been third and second in her recent turf tries in this company. Luis Contreras for trainer Luis Duco.

:5: Enjoy It is my longshot try of the day. An attempt to add value to my ticket. I know that the Giant’s Causeway-bred filly was eased in her last, her only pari-mutual race. But, the blinkers are off; that may make a big difference. Also, she taking a significant class drop into the selling ranks. Jesus Castanon for trainer Antonio Sano

luisbe
02-22-2013, 04:51 PM
Today's the day for the pick 6.