PDA

View Full Version : only in America

lamboguy
02-19-2013, 03:11 PM
Rich Perloff from TVG gave out 2 pick 4's this afternoon. he started the Turf Paradise edition with a 4 pick out of the 7 total runners and didn't connect. then he went in with a 5 bagger out of an 8 horse field @ Sunland, with that one his picks also evaded the winner's circle. after blowing both pick 4's on the first leg, he came up with the conclusion that he didn't use enough of a spread in either of those pick 4's. i hate to admit this, but i have to agree with him.

Stillriledup
02-19-2013, 03:22 PM
TVG hosts give out too many recommended wagers ....on Pick 6 central yesterday you had Tom Cassidy releasing a pick 6 at Aqueduct as part of an 'all star ticket' with Matt and he's saying "i really like this bet".

I think they had 1 winner out of 6 legs, not a good showing, not sure what Tom Cassidy knows about Aqueduct, but i guess we found out yesterday.

horses4courses
02-19-2013, 03:28 PM
Rich Perloff from TVG gave out 2 pick 4's this afternoon. he started the Turf Paradise edition with a 4 pick out of the 7 total runners and didn't connect. then he went in with a 5 bagger out of an 8 horse field @ Sunland, with that one his picks also evaded the winner's circle. after blowing both pick 4's on the first leg, he came up with the conclusion that he didn't use enough of a spread in either of those pick 4's. i hate to admit this, but i have to agree with him.

I seldom watch TVG anymore. Just too hard to listen to.
Rich Perloff, though, is one of the few presenters there that I like.
He's probably not the greatest handicapper around, but who is on TVG?
He tries hard, and states why he likes certain horses, due to angles, etc.
You may not agree with his reasoning, and the angles he prefers, but I think he is a class act in a difficult spot.
Imagine having to try to pick winners at those junk tracks on your average Monday and Tuesday? Not many could do it.......

johnhannibalsmith
02-19-2013, 03:48 PM
Hard to even play along when the cited example is missing with four of the seven runners and the race was actually carded with only six. You sure he didn't go out in leg two when three near co-favorites at or near 8-5/9-5 were run over by improbable Aintnomisbehavin? If he had to play that awful sequence of races and didn't go deep enough to find the winner without plowing an obscene amount into a four-race sequence that could rival the downstate quality of Rillito, he probably played it about as well as a mortal could.

burnsy
02-19-2013, 05:23 PM
:15: Rich Perloff from TVG gave out 2 pick 4's this afternoon. he started the Turf Paradise edition with a 4 pick out of the 7 total runners and didn't connect. then he went in with a 5 bagger out of an 8 horse field @ Sunland, with that one his picks also evaded the winner's circle. after blowing both pick 4's on the first leg, he came up with the conclusion that he didn't use enough of a spread in either of those pick 4's. i hate to admit this, but i have to agree with him.

Its even better when alot of these guys hit them and brag about it and i'm not just talking about TVG. They come up with these huge tickets that most people would never play anyway, even for 50 cents. The ticket will come out to say for example 164 dollars (I've seen them do this for 50 cents) and the thing pays about 400...."oh i hit the pick"...lol...when they actually hit one. Yeah i could of bet that on one 5-2 shot and done better. Nothing like taking a stand when you play tickets like these....:lol: . When i see them make the tickets i wonder if they really believe that the average "joe" will follow suit. I sure hope not...you can have the privledge of bragging about the pick you hit (for 400), but you are only down 4000 in the last 3 weeks..:bang: "Its a great betting race, I'm going 5 deep"......Yeah OK! How many do you have in the next leg? "I'm only going 3 deep in this leg" ....You sir are a genius........because somehow, somewhere, someone is paying you to give this advice.....only in America.....

usedtolovetvg
02-19-2013, 05:43 PM
Most TVG tickets are beyond the range of the normal player. The average bet placed through the TVG ADW is $8-$12. It would seem likely that the tickets are really designed for someone other than the average Joe.