PDA

View Full Version : Business Intelligence Tools

guckers
02-19-2013, 11:08 AM
Question to the database handicappers out there. Does anyone use a BI tool for added analysis or adhoc reporting such as MicroStrategy,SAS,Tableau?

I'm quite versed in MicroStrategy and just setup my own server, but have no data.... If someone wants to partner with me on an effort, I'll set you up with a BI tool which will in exchange for access to data. :)

JBmadera
02-19-2013, 11:13 AM
I have used BusinessObjects and Crystal Decisions (back prior to BOBJ getting acquired by SAP). But now I just use the Robot functionality available with HTR.

openhorse
03-08-2013, 05:31 PM
Uses SAP Crystal Reports, does basic ERP, charting, macros, etc.
Handles hundreds of thousands of records and large data-bound sets.
Built with C++ .NET & proprietary merge modules so you'll need a Pro OS that supports XP Mode.

bill715
03-14-2013, 10:32 PM
could someone tell a good program to move
pdf files to excel.

bill

dkithore
03-16-2013, 09:50 PM
pdf files to excel.

bill

Bill,

I am also looking for the same to work with Brisnet files in pdf format to excel. If you find it, pl. pm me and likewise. Thanks
DK

Sinner369
03-17-2013, 10:14 AM
pdf files to excel.

bill

Just use Google and type "pdf to excel"..............lots of articles on the subject!

dkithore
03-18-2013, 02:09 AM
Just use Google and type "pdf to excel"..............lots of articles on the subject!

Sinner,

Thanks I tried Nitro by Googling as you suggested) and it works partly for the Brisnet data files for me (Australia data files). I believe human intervention or some programming may be required since the data structure is very different from the one's we use in US, IMO.

Greybase
03-21-2013, 04:16 PM
Bill,
I am also looking for the same to work with Brisnet files in pdf format to excel.

Off the topic here, but parsing data from PDF files can be tricky. Especially if those files have lots of tiny fractions, superscript, multiple fonts, etc... like Brisnet racing programs do.

I've parsed PDF files... multiple steps. First you extract the text. Then you import to Excel... That's a LOT of work, and then... what are you gonna do in Excel, to make it worthwhile?? I mean I've seen guys fiddle around with Excel for years and unless you're a top VBA programmer... might as well just print the PDF file? IF you're a VBA programmer you're better off developing a database application using MS Access. OR... why re-invent the wheel? Just purchase one of the fine handicapping software products available. Just my 2 cents.