PDA

View Full Version : Result charts into Excel

Robert Goren
02-19-2013, 09:23 AM
Is there a way?

Capper Al
02-19-2013, 09:28 AM
Is there a way?

Is what you are looking for more complex than just importing a csv file into a spreadsheet?

Robert Goren
02-19-2013, 09:34 AM
Not really as long I can edit it in excel. What I really need are program #s , finish, and odds.

BIG49010
02-19-2013, 11:08 AM
Not really as long I can edit it in excel. What I really need are program #s , finish, and odds. Bris has many options, if you can get away with the result file I think it is 25 cents a track.

http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/HTML/samples.html#irx

MightBeSosa
02-19-2013, 09:23 PM
Something tells me that's 25 cents too much

raybo
02-20-2013, 12:21 AM
Everything you mentioned that you needed, and more, is in the 25 cent Exotic Results data file from Brisnet. It will open in Excel, via the Wizard. I have been using those files in Excel for years.

SchagFactorToWin
02-20-2013, 10:12 AM
Everything you mentioned that you needed, and more, is in the 25 cent Exotic Results data file from Brisnet. It will open in Excel, via the Wizard. I have been using those files in Excel for years.

Is there anything like that for harness?

raybo
02-20-2013, 11:02 AM
Is there anything like that for harness?

I don't know if these files exist for harness racing because I have never played harness races. Call Brisnet and ask them. Brisnet contact number (http://brisnet.com/cgi-bin/static.cgi?page=service)

Robert Goren
02-20-2013, 09:19 PM
Everything you mentioned that you needed, and more, is in the 25 cent Exotic Results data file from Brisnet. It will open in Excel, via the Wizard. I have been using those files in Excel for years.All I get is gobbittigook. Could you explain exactly how to do it in excel 2010? Please

BIG49010
02-20-2013, 09:28 PM
If you go to tab for data, then click on from text, then find the file. It will ask you questions about the data, click on comma delimited, then make sure you click on the comma selection and you should see the divisions in the file and then tell it to finish.

raybo
02-20-2013, 09:44 PM
All I get is gobbittigook. Could you explain exactly how to do it in excel 2010? Please

Or, just click "File", then "Open", then select the file, the wizard will open and you select "Comma delimited", then "Comma", then for "Date" click the down arrow and select "YMD", then "Finish".

Robert Goren
02-20-2013, 09:50 PM
If you go to tab for data, then click on from text, then find the file. It will ask you questions about the data, click on comma delimited, then make sure you click on the comma selection and you should see the divisions in the file and then tell it to finish. I keep getting this kind of stuff

XlDQL#b/m419\o=­Q?Ju .BL M482oh¶8¿j$fjdl 1v2LW`ki>:6x NǛ3\Y∅sZZm-긘zƨ}QUws˦`GY24Uh ­ [G1) ɹ*$nɆ Hҙ^E.3­O  BNl:sQAo浯e x*4悹pnO~m_{y}(aNdNq.Ĵ 9P|ѸBϜ <)|H;7rAa4E|!oNaydoa@[cN8+8>/޴ꚈP䔩h­i(5uQDL[a :R.j+[UoT2IuyeKO

misscashalot
02-20-2013, 09:55 PM
I keep getting this kind of stuff

XlDQL#b/m419\o=­Q?Ju .BL M482oh¶8¿j$fjdl 1v2LW`ki>:6x NǛ3\Y∅sZZm-긘zƨ}QUws˦`GY24Uh ­ [G1) ɹ*$nɆ Hҙ^E.3­O  BNl:sQAo浯e x*4悹pnO~m_{y}(aNdNq.Ĵ 9P|ѸBϜ <)|H;7rAa4E|!oNaydoa@[cN8+8>/޴ꚈP䔩h­i(5uQDL[a :R.j+[UoT2IuyeKO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RviRADnyFPs

vegasone
02-20-2013, 10:42 PM
since these are in "ZIP" format you have to unZIP them........surely you have some sorta ZIP utility on there.....(built into current OS)

raybo
02-20-2013, 10:55 PM
Yeah, they have to be unzipped first.

Robert Goren
02-21-2013, 01:28 AM
I think I have it now. Thanks to raybo and everyone else who help me.

mountainman
02-21-2013, 01:27 PM
What would a drf chart look like when transferred to excel? A separate column for each data field?

raybo
02-21-2013, 01:34 PM
What would a drf chart look like when transferred to excel? A separate column for each data field?

If it is a comma delimited file, yes.

mountainman
02-21-2013, 01:45 PM
If it is a comma delimited file, yes.

Would trainers, for instance, last track started at, odds and finish position each have a separate column?

cj
02-21-2013, 03:57 PM
Would trainers, for instance, last track started at, odds and finish position each have a separate column?

For some reason, I don't think the date/track of the last start is included in most comma delimited charts. I could be wrong, but I don't remember that one.

BIG49010
02-21-2013, 04:38 PM
The bris chart file has the Last race data for track, date, post. They charge an extra 25 cents for that, along with the internal race data.

mountainman
02-21-2013, 06:38 PM
For some reason, I don't think the date/track of the last start is included in most comma delimited charts. I could be wrong, but I don't remember that one.

Is it an option i could obtain by paying extra?

mountainman
02-21-2013, 06:39 PM
The bris chart file has the Last race data for track, date, post. They charge an extra 25 cents for that, along with the internal race data.

Are odds, finish position, trainer, and track last started at available at extra cost?

BIG49010
02-21-2013, 06:59 PM
Are odds, finish position, trainer, and track last started at available at extra cost?

The focus of this thread was about the cheaper files that bris offers, the chart files cost 50 cents per track per day, while the result and exotic files are a 25 cents. Just look at bris website they have all types of charts in comma delimited format. If you have questions just post them.

mountainman
02-21-2013, 07:35 PM
And how would they look on an excel spreadsheet? I use excel to type in data from charts, but have never imported a chart-file. Could anyone post a link or illustration?

vegasone
02-21-2013, 08:16 PM
They have sample files available....you could try them and see for yourself

raybo
02-21-2013, 09:06 PM
All the Bris results/charts files have sample files as well as their data formats, telling you what data is included and in what fields they are located in. When you open them in Excel the fields in the files correspond to columns in Excel, so field 1 would be in column A, etc..

Here's the link to the results/charts data formats: Results File Data Formats (http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/static.cgi?page=resultdata)

It appears the "Import Charts" file has everything you wanted except last race odds.

mountainman
02-21-2013, 09:58 PM
All the Bris results/charts files have sample files as well as their data formats, telling you what data is included and in what fields they are located in. When you open them in Excel the fields in the files correspond to columns in Excel, so field 1 would be in column A, etc..

Here's the link to the results/charts data formats: Results File Data Formats (http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/static.cgi?page=resultdata)

It appears the "Import Charts" file has everything you wanted except last race odds.

No, i just need the odds from the race encapsulated by whatever chart(s) i might import.

raybo
02-21-2013, 10:05 PM
No, i just need the odds from the race encapsulated by whatever chart(s) i might import.

Then the "Import Charts" file is what you need. 50 cents per track per day.

mountainman
02-21-2013, 11:07 PM
Then the "Import Charts" file is what you need. 50 cents per track per day.

And how many columns of data does that encompass? And can i filter each column the same as with data i manually type in?

raybo
02-21-2013, 11:29 PM
And how many columns of data does that encompass? And can i filter each column the same as with data i manually type in?

48 columns, and yes you could apply filtering to any of those columns, however, you must realize that there is a row for each horse, in each race, so if you have 10 races and 10 horses in each race then you have 100 rows of data in each of those columns.

You could create "views" for each race, by referencing the raw data. You can do anything you want to do with the data, with a little work on your part. And all the stuff you do can be automated with macros, from importing the charts, to selecting each race, to applying filters, ranking/sorting, etc..

As I said, with some work you can do anything with the data you want.

BIG49010
02-21-2013, 11:29 PM
And how many columns of data does that encompass? And can i filter each column the same as with data i manually type in? The chart file has 48 columns, and you can filter any and all