PDA

View Full Version : Hello

john del riccio
02-18-2013, 04:20 PM
Hello everyone. I haven't been here in several years. Just wanted to see what is really going on in the industry. This board was about as good as it got when I used to frequent it so I figured I'd see what the experts have to say. Has the game gotten better or are the powers that be still acting like its the 70's ?

John

cj
02-18-2013, 04:59 PM
Good to see you around again John. I would say things haven't changed a whole bunch since you left, but I'm trying to stay positive!

Stillriledup
02-18-2013, 05:41 PM
They're still acting like its the 70s. Only game in town type of stuff, they still think they're running a monopoly and don't really have to cater to the customers.

Robert Goren
02-18-2013, 06:03 PM
Hello everyone. I haven't been here in several years. Just wanted to see what is really going on in the industry. This board was about as good as it got when I used to frequent it so I figured I'd see what the experts have to say. Has the game gotten better or are the powers that be still acting like its the 70's ?

JohnIf only they did. They are acting much worse than they did in the 70s. Nice to see you back.

Tom
02-18-2013, 10:05 PM
Welcome back, John.
Same old, same old, only older.

raybo
02-19-2013, 01:32 AM
John,

Welcome back! Same old....pretty much. Whatcha been up to?

PaceAdvantage
02-19-2013, 02:16 AM
Hi John! Good to see your name again...the rest of the guys have already beaten me to the punch with their assessment of the state of the game...

andicap
02-19-2013, 09:56 AM
John,
Glad to see u back here again. What, you're kids aren't talking to you anymore?

:)

dylbert
02-19-2013, 09:57 AM
Welcome back, John. Hope things are well with you & family.

Enjoyed swapping messages with you back in your figure-making years.

john del riccio
02-20-2013, 04:40 AM
:lol: yes, they are still talking to me...sometimes too much, sometimes not enough. the game is in my blood i guess but when i saw something on the news last winter about the gov of NY doing an investigation into the breakddowns at AQU i looked into it briefly, saw the purses, and put two & two together pretty quickly.

i visited MTH park last summer at the request of my kids if you can beleive that, and it just felt odd. the place was dead, the fields were small, the handle was rediculously low, and from what i could tell, the qualtiy of the horses didnt seem to justify what they were running for (purse or claiming price).

part of me felt very sad, almost like someone stole something from me, its hard to explain. i'm not trying to sound like a sap, just trying to make sense of what i saw & felt.

john

proximity
02-20-2013, 06:57 AM
This board was about as good as it got when I used to frequent it.....

that was a good era. i was using your ratings back then, which was a very solid product. i used to put them in an access db and get them to print out right on the brisnet pps and was always surprised that more people here didn't get those ratings. good times!!

classhandicapper
02-20-2013, 12:44 PM
Hello John.

Are you considering getting back into the game casually or more seriously again?

john del riccio
02-21-2013, 06:18 AM
its in my blood class, but i am smart enough to know that i dont know having not been plugged in for a while. my heart would love to....