PDA

View Full Version : PID SIMULCAST HOST

mountainman
02-18-2013, 12:15 PM
To anyone interested: their website lists tv analyst as a vacant position.

rrpic6
02-18-2013, 08:21 PM
Does that mean Katie Mikolay is not returning to PID? I'm getting really depressed now.:(

RR

Elliott Sidewater
02-19-2013, 01:58 AM
For anyone who watched the feed more than a few times in 2012, I thought the analyst position was vacant last year too. On any given night, there appear to be no more than 20 people at PID not running a horse. With a few less lights, you'd have the perfect setting to film Zombie Apocalypse. If Edgar Allen Poe had been a racing fan, Presque Isle Downs would have been his kind of track. The results of the races too often make little sense, even in retrospect, and the race caller has all the enthusiasm of a funeral parlor director. The racing surface, supposedly "state of the art safe" is not just Tapeta, it's bad Tapeta. Other than that, it's a great racing venue, if you happen to be a farm animal, or deaf, dumb and blind. I suggested to HANA that they rate PID as an "H", but they insisted that designation was being reserved for chalk players at Parx.

Vinman
02-19-2013, 12:44 PM
For anyone who watched the feed more than a few times in 2012, I thought the analyst position was vacant last year too. On any given night, there appear to be no more than 20 people at PID not running a horse. With a few less lights, you'd have the perfect setting to film Zombie Apocalypse. If Edgar Allen Poe had been a racing fan, Presque Isle Downs would have been his kind of track. The results of the races too often make little sense, even in retrospect, and the race caller has all the enthusiasm of a funeral parlor director. The racing surface, supposedly "state of the art safe" is not just Tapeta, it's bad Tapeta. Other than that, it's a great racing venue, if you happen to be a farm animal, or deaf, dumb and blind. I suggested to HANA that they rate PID as an "H", but they insisted that designation was being reserved for chalk players at Parx.

Great post. My take on Presque Isle Downs, of the miniscule betting handle, is that its sole purpose is to reduce the average field size of other tracks. It offers the bettor nothing. But the owners must love those slots fueled purses.

Vinman

PIC6SIX
02-19-2013, 01:20 PM
Hey "Mountain Man" why doesn't Mountain run some live money handicapping contest like Belmont Park? I am sure it would be a good draw. A two day contest similar to what Belmont Pard does in June would be excellent. I heard state law prohibits. Is that true???? Sorry to get away from the subject of Kattie and PID but I had to ask the question since you were online.