PDA

View Full Version : Weather

iceknight
02-18-2013, 12:55 AM
Just a random post about this 9 yr old on Weather reporting.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c3#/video/weather/2013/02/15/pkg-william-the-weather-kid.kvly-kxjb

HUSKER55
02-18-2013, 05:38 PM
kid puts alot into it don't he

iceknight
02-18-2013, 10:37 PM
kid puts alot into it don't he Indeed. One remark of his caught my attention. He wanted to be a doctor, but after seeing some tornadoes (or one went past/near their region), he really got into weather and "became very intelligent"

NJ Stinks
02-19-2013, 02:34 AM
I hate to be a grumpy old man but this clip reminds of how much I despise the local Newscast anymore. How many freaking times in a half-hour do I have to be told it's going to be cold or flurries may cause slick spots on the road? It's February for crying out loud! :mad:

They ought to call the damn thing a Weathercast and get it over with. :rolleyes:

wisconsin
02-19-2013, 11:10 AM
I hate to be a grumpy old man but this clip reminds of how much I despise the local Newscast anymore. How many freaking times in a half-hour do I have to be told it's going to be cold or flurries may cause slick spots on the road? It's February for crying out loud! :mad:

They ought to call the damn thing a Weathercast and get it over with. :rolleyes:

Breaking news this evening, snow flurries may interrupt rush hour traffic. Be "especially" careful of slick spots on on ramps and overpasses, blah blah blah.

Now, on to out top story. Snow is expected 5 days from now, and with that, we go to our first alert weather center where chief meteorologist Rush Worrywart is standing by with the latest scare for you...."What can we expect Rush?"

Blah blah blah, yakitty yak....but no real snow expectation forecast so you have to tune in again and again.

And now, breaking news, firefighters are fighting a 4 alarm fire but are being hampered by the cold. Captain obvious tells Can I Get a Witness News that hoses are freezing and the snow is making it difficult for the firemen trying to fight the blaze....

Al Tenator is standing by with traffic...."Be careful out there if you are driving, the light snow is creating havoc on the roadways right now. There are reports of 2 cars off to the side of the road. Emergency crews are enroute, so be careful if you are driving through that area. in fact, if you don't need to be out, stay home."

(cue music)

Now, back to our first alert weather center where, once again, chief meteorologist Rush Worrywart is standing by to give us (your town here)'s only 10 day forecast.

And it goes on and on and on. And in cased you missed it, a weather recap at the end of the news broadcast for good measure.

It's far worse in the morning, where every commercial is followed by weather.

And the elongated weather segments now include maps showing 68 towns in your county and their expected tempuature for that day or next day, because we need to know exactly.

NJ Stinks
02-19-2013, 01:56 PM
Wisconsin, we've got to stop agreeing about everything! :)