PDA

View Full Version : TaylorMade R1

mountainman
02-17-2013, 09:59 PM
I'm seriously thinking about buying one and am wondering if any board members have tried it? I noticed that this model received a near perfect rating in Golf Digest's recent equiptment issue, and watched my instructor at golf-tec demonstrate firsthand that it's longer than the Calloway's much-touted Razer X.

My Ping K15 is fairly forgiving, but lacks the pop I expected from that company for that kind of money. And as a chronic slicer with a far from repeatable swing, I want the option to close my clubface and adjust the loft.

Tee
02-17-2013, 10:11 PM
Put the money into lessons and range balls. Get the repeatable swing, get rid of the chronic slice. After this is done, do a fitting on a launch monitor with several different drivers and buy the one that yields the best results.

I'm seriously thinking about buying one and am wondering if any board members have tried it? I noticed that this model received a near perfect rating in Golf Digest's recent equiptment issue, and watched my instructor at golf-tec demonstrate firsthand that it's longer than the Calloway's much-touted Razer X.

My Ping K15 is fairly forgiving, but lacks the pop I expected from that company for that kind of money. And as a chronic slicer with a far from repeatable swing, I want the option to close my clubface and adjust the loft.

mountainman
02-17-2013, 10:32 PM
Put the money into lessons and range balls. Get the repeatable swing, get rid of the chronic slice. After this is done, do a fitting on a launch monitor with several different drivers and buy the one that yields the best results.

Tx for the advice. I've been taking indoor lessons at golf-tec. AND playing outside with a pal who's as obsessed with the game as I am. We played 18 thursday in windy 35 degree weather. Had an awesome time and would have went 9 more except for darkness.

cj
02-17-2013, 11:05 PM

Great advice. You can't buy a game via equipment, and trust me, tee has game. I'm not saying quality clubs and a good fitting don't help because they certainly do.