PDA

View Full Version : Charles Town Excluding Davis and Shanyfelt

VeryOldMan
02-17-2013, 05:56 PM
This had been posted to the Amoss thread, but thought it was worth breaking out separately:

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/ray-s-paddock/davis-shanyfelt-get-the-boot-at-charles-town/

Hope it's true, as someone who on occasion enjoys the live racing scene there on sunny Sunday afternoons.

lamboguy
02-17-2013, 06:09 PM
i like this move. in might hurt the track in the short run. but if they keep this policy they will get some local owners back in the game, that should lead to not only more race track handle, but also more slot machine revenue.

in Parx they did a study and found that the days they have live racing, the slot machines pick up.

this was a very smart business decision in my opinion

onefast99
02-17-2013, 07:46 PM
This had been posted to the Amoss thread, but thought it was worth breaking out separately:

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/ray-s-paddock/davis-shanyfelt-get-the-boot-at-charles-town/

Hope it's true, as someone who on occasion enjoys the live racing scene there on sunny Sunday afternoons.
As a sidebar several of the top Mtnr jocks and trainers will be headed to Thistledowns in April when they move to the Cleveland area due to the purse increases.

cj
02-17-2013, 07:53 PM
Good for CT. Lets see if Mnr follows suit, or welcomes the cheater with open arms. And yes, he is a confirmed many time cheater.

Stillriledup
02-17-2013, 07:59 PM
Good for CT. Lets see if Mnr follows suit, or welcomes the cheater with open arms. And yes, he is a confirmed many time cheater.

They're not going to follow suit, they can't even get rid of the 'mad bomber' who manipulates betting pools on a daily basis, hopefully they can prove me wrong.

AlbertButtry
02-17-2013, 10:23 PM
They just noticed this week? How long has Scooter been suspended. It was pretty common knowledge that Shanyfelt was down as the program trainer.

mountainman
02-17-2013, 10:26 PM
They just noticed this week? How long has Scooter been suspended. It was pretty common knowledge that Shanyfelt was down as the program trainer.

Dude. What's up? You don't write. You don't call. How's your dad?

AlbertButtry
02-17-2013, 10:31 PM
Dude. What's up? You don't write. You don't call. How's your dad?

Whats up Mark? How are you doing?.......I'm good. I've just been working a lot. My dad is in the Bahamas right now enjoying a vacation. He comes back March 1st. We will be at the mountain opening night. We will stop in and see you.

mountainman
02-17-2013, 10:37 PM
Whats up Mark? How are you doing?.......I'm good. I've just been working a lot. My dad is in the Bahamas right now enjoying a vacation. He comes back March 1st. We will be at the mountain opening night. We will stop in and see you.

Make sure you do, and bring your dad. I'm really glad he's getting some enjoyment from life. Great guy.

pele polo
02-17-2013, 10:53 PM
since Penn National is owned by the same group why aren't they as strict as Charlest Town has been the past couple of years?

takeout
02-18-2013, 01:48 PM
They just noticed this week? How long has Scooter been suspended. It was pretty common knowledge that Shanyfelt was down as the program trainer.That was my first thought also.

tzipi
02-18-2013, 01:51 PM
Good. Get rid of the cheater. Agree, hope another track doesn't take him in.

castaway01
02-18-2013, 02:04 PM
i like this move. in might hurt the track in the short run. but if they keep this policy they will get some local owners back in the game, that should lead to not only more race track handle, but also more slot machine revenue.

in Parx they did a study and found that the days they have live racing, the slot machines pick up.

this was a very smart business decision in my opinion

This post as a whole doesn't make a lot of sense, but could you at least provide a link or a source for this study? I'd like to read it. My source would be "two of the days they run are Saturday and Sunday" but maybe you have something better.

onefast99
02-18-2013, 05:01 PM
Since August.

onefast99
02-18-2013, 05:13 PM
since Penn National is owned by the same group why aren't they as strict as Charlest Town has been the past couple of years?
Both trainers are banned from all the Penn Gaming facilities, Penn Nat'l, CT and Beulah. The racing commission will have a hearing on both of these trainers, no one knows when that will be.

Stillriledup
03-06-2013, 11:35 PM
Mountaineer supposedly is saying that they're going to let these guys train until they see some 'evidence' from this investigation.

How long does one phone call take from Mountaineer to CT to ask "should we ban this guy, what's the story"?

Maybe Mark can provide the scoop on why the Mountain isnt being proactive in this situation.

onefast99
03-07-2013, 07:21 AM
Mountaineer supposedly is saying that they're going to let these guys train until they see some 'evidence' from this investigation.

How long does one phone call take from Mountaineer to CT to ask "should we ban this guy, what's the story"?

Maybe Mark can provide the scoop on why the Mountain isnt being proactive in this situation.
As I posted earlier until Mountaineer has its hearing they will be able to run.

lamboguy
03-07-2013, 08:17 AM
i don't know what the big deal is here. all these guys have to do is get another name for the horses to run under. i don't think that either trainer has stalls at the racetrack.

mountainman
03-07-2013, 10:26 PM

Look. I know this response isn't sexy or what you guys want to hear, but aside from race-fixing jockies and violent felons, it's not that common for a track to follow suit on another track's management exclusion. And unlike beu and penn, mnr does not share ownership with ct, which pretty much lumps us with the other 150 tracks that won't bar these guys unless and until an official ruling comes down. Like it or not, that's simply the way things work.

Incidentally, rumor is an official ruling from ct is inevitable, and the penalties will be DRACONIAN.