PDA

View Full Version : Racetrack Incompetence Strikes Again

Al Gobbi
02-16-2013, 04:48 PM
Gulfstream and Santa Anita owned by same company yet at least 1-2 races every day at both places seem to go off at the same time.

precocity
02-16-2013, 04:51 PM
HAHA bet them both :cool:

Stillriledup
02-16-2013, 04:55 PM
This has been going on for years, nobody notices and nobody seems to care.

usedtolovetvg
02-16-2013, 10:51 PM
I remember when Churchill owned HP. Churchill, HP and Calder would all go off at the same time, a couple times a day. You could also throw in Arlington and F.G. once in a while.

duncan04
02-17-2013, 01:50 AM
Gulfstream and Santa Anita owned by same company yet at least 1-2 races every day at both places seem to go off at the same time.

Stronach could care less.

Tom
02-17-2013, 09:43 AM
The industry should hire a rocket scientist - obviously, this problem is FAR above the of those pretending to run racetracks.

I wonder, if in the track restaurants, you salad and desert come together?

Charli125
02-17-2013, 11:23 AM
The industry should hire a rocket scientist - obviously, this problem is FAR above the of those pretending to run racetracks.

A few years ago I was at Keeneland and the simulcast director was on the phone with his counterpart at another track(I think Tampa) discussing post times. They got together and coordinated so that they would have 5 minutes between post times since one of the tracks was running behind, which would have put them on top of each-other. Pretty simple thing to do, yet you can tell that it doesn't happen as often as it should.

Tom
02-17-2013, 11:34 AM
I bet there's an app for that out there.

PhantomOnTour
02-17-2013, 11:49 AM
All we need is an insider at one of those places to tamper with the master "track clock" and set it 5mins slow - problem solved :ThmbUp:

JustRalph
02-17-2013, 04:43 PM
I bet there's an app for that out there.

It's been around forever

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/37/Clock.gif

therussmeister
02-17-2013, 05:00 PM
It's been around forever

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/37/Clock.gif
It's become obsolete. Nobody knows how to read those anymore.

BeatTheChalk
02-17-2013, 08:32 PM
I shall call the tracks and tell them wasup. It is fun .. and the best thing
is I can talk for hours for free. :cool: :bang:

MPRanger
02-17-2013, 10:08 PM

MEC is not so tightly knit. Does CDI do that? Penn Gaming? Each track is a stand alone entity. I'm sure the live racing crews have no idea what each others post times are. When they feature races in their race books and bring the volume up for everyone to hear they give priority to other company tracks over another tracks signal. Otherwise priority is based on handle.

racingfan378
02-18-2013, 01:28 AM
MEC is not so tightly knit. Does CDI do that? Penn Gaming? Each track is a stand alone entity. I'm sure the live racing crews have no idea what each others post times are. When they feature races in their race books and bring the volume up for everyone to hear they give priority to other company tracks over another tracks signal. Otherwise priority is based on handle.

I have noticed the nighttime tracks run a much tighter ship staying off each other for post times. Penn, CT, HOU, DeD probably teamed up to make the post times work so they are the only track running and not the stunt GP & SA pull.