PDA

View Full Version : Teach's Rainbow-6 Selections: 2/16

Teach
02-16-2013, 11:44 AM
We’ll start with a parody of a Boston political song made famous by the Kingston Trio called “Charlie on the MTA" (Metropolitan Transit Authority).

To the melody of “Charlie On The MTA”:

“When he got to the windows, the teller told him “one more dime”;

Teach said…that he’d return.

But did he ever return. No he never returned;

And the Rainbow’s fate is still unlearned.

Teach may play forever ‘bove the streets of Boston (actually Framingham);

He’s the man who never learned.”

The scenario I was looking for (not that I had it) played out yesterday: a “bomb.” Pure, unadulterated telephone numbers. Jeffrey Sanchez booted home Sidney Anne and the horse paid a whopping $142 to win. At the time, I couldn’t wait to glim the Rainbow payoffs. Surely, there must be at least three or four horses with just one live ticket. Alas and alack, one ticket on a longshot in the final leg, the #15 Moonlit Park, with Paco Lopez. Well, after few anxious moments, the horse fades toward the rear of the field. The Rainbow lives. I truly believe “the Rainbow” will live until April 5 closing day. If my prediction holds true, April 5th at Gulfstream Park could be one of the most interesting, and I might add, exciting days in recent racing memory.

Frankly, I believe Gulfstream management should rename their Pick-6 gimmick and call it: “Survivor”. Only nobody gets voted off; the winner just has to have enough money - and luck - to outlast thousands of other bettors vying for the prize. Oh, they may need a shared “Rainbow” hit or two along the way to keep their “money machine” churning.

Make no mistake, unless you have “a horseshoe up….” (well, you get the picture). Bottom line: you need a bankroll.

Well, here we go, again. That old Judy Garland standard: “I’m always chasing rainbows…”

I had no time this morning to type out my explanations, but I’ll share my picks . Actually, it’s a strange array. It features chalk and longshots. What’s strange about that! Oh, it also features multi-horse bets and a singleton. For a mythical forty-eight bucks, you can cover all the bases. As always, everyone is a free agent.

Race 6: :7: ,:5: ,:4: ,:1:

Race 7: :12: ,:11: ,:10: ,:4: ,:3: ,:2:

Race 8: :1:

Race 9: :1: ,:4: ,:5: ,:3: ,:2:

Race 10: :9: ,:4:

Race 11: :7: ,:6:

Good Luck!

Robert Fischer
02-16-2013, 03:07 PM
:8: is a longshot add for Race 6

Robert Fischer
02-16-2013, 03:40 PM
r7 wide open

:3::6::7: live longshots

Robert Fischer
02-16-2013, 03:44 PM
r7 wide open

:3::6::7: live longshots

great training job by Penna to be competitive enough to get a $24 winner on the :6: COOL BLUE RED HOT. 2nd off year layoff. 1st time turf.

however, the :10: was much the best and had a nightmare trip, while the :6: had a dream trip.

Robert Fischer
02-16-2013, 04:27 PM
RACE 9 = really cool 3yo race