02-15-2013, 10:13 PM
Hello All! Some interesting action for Saturday. First, the tracks and races:

Aqueduct - 2,6,8
Gulfstream - 1,3,5,7,10,11
Santa Anita - 2,4,5,6,7,8,9,10
Tampa - 4,6,8,9,10
Fairgrounds - 4
Oaklawn - 8

Today saw a couple of winners including a very nice cold exacta at Oaklawn ($154) a day after a single Slew listing at the same venue paid $18.
I am very happy to see a little ROI coming from Slew's listings there. And key horse StarSilhouette was scratched for the second straight time. No info
on any scratches at the Fairgrounds so I'm not sure what's up with that.

Sat brings 3 key horses and a few interesting notes. First, the key horses...

CURRENT KEY HORSES (< 90 DAYS)

Teaks North - GP (10) GP 12/22/12 # 9
Big Blue Kitten - TAM ( 9) GP 12/08/12 # 5
Za Approval - TAM ( 9) GP 12/08/12 # 5

Teaks North had a valuable warm-up running behind Nikki's Sandcastle on 12/22/2012 at Gulfstream Park and came back to win on 01/19/2013 for 150K on
the Sunshine Millions Stakes card at the same track. That race also saw Shkspeare Shaliyah run 3rd behind Teaks North. Tomorrow in the Mac Diarmida Stakes
at Gulfstream Park, these three hook up in a field of 10 with each being a price on the ML. Bill Mott's Newsdad is the tepid 3-1 ML favorite. I have not
looked at the PP's just yet but they had a bit of rain today and Teaks liked the moist track last time. But never, ever discount Mr. Mott and if you like his Newsdad,
don't hesitate to use any of these three underneath.

Za Approval finished 2nd behind Big Blue Kitten who ran back on 01/12/2013 in the Ft. Lauderdale Stakes (G2) and finished a good 3rd. In fact, he finished
a short neck in front of Nikki's Sandcastle on that day. Now wait, because it gets interesting. In the Tampa Bay Stakes (race 9) is Za Approval, Big Blue Kitten,
Tiz Sardonic Joe - who finished ahead of Big Blue Kitten on 01/12 and Doubles Partner. Who the heck is Doubles Partner you ask? Well, he finished between Teaks North
and Shkspeare Shaliyah in the above paragraph!

You think this is easy?

I don't know about you, but I'll be looking for a simple exacta somewhere because the previous two paragraphs make my hair hurt.

Well...maybe not. Teaks might be coming into a positive form cycle and with some moisture, he merits a very long look. His problem is that he either wins...or else. But I do believe there is gold somewhere up there.
I'll try to find it, that is for sure.

Lastly (and speaking of scratches), Slew's Single in race 2 at Aqueduct is Ultimo Principe who was scratched from today's 10th there. The "other" horse
listed for that race by Slew, Christopher's Joy, won.

Enjoy the Saturday racing...it should be interesting to say the least. And as always...good luck and good 'capping!

Bennie
02-16-2013, 08:02 AM
Just a heads up on your Star Silhouette scratches and maybe others you have noticed. Fair Grounds seems to be stuck in the OFF TURF mode. Personally, I am not sure if it is the weather or the track itself.

MeSlew
02-16-2013, 10:52 AM
Just a heads up on your Star Silhouette scratches and maybe others you have noticed. Fair Grounds seems to be stuck in the OFF TURF mode. Personally, I am not sure if it is the weather or the track itself.

Bennie: Saw that on the charts this AM. They don't seem to post any info on scratches tho...like NYRA does. At least I can't find any. I suppose I could check the weather channel???

Thanks! - Slew

Expotential
02-16-2013, 11:58 AM
They were due to it going off turf, both races.