PDA

View Full Version : Fortitude, Race 3 at Aqu Feb 15.

Stillriledup
02-15-2013, 09:59 PM
I saw something that i dont think i've ever seen before today at the Big A with a horse named Fortitude in Race 3. He was bobbing his head up and down in the starting gate and seemed unsettled and then there was a brief moment he was settled and the starter sprung the latch right at the moment Fortitude became unsettled again.

But, on view of the head on, it appeared that the starter of the 7 horse had his hand on two horses, he reached over to help calm Fortitude down, but when they sprung the latch, Fortitude horse had 2 starters hands holding him.

Im not suggesting the starter did a bad job here or that there should have been a refund, i've just never seen an asst starter reach over and grab another horse while holding his own. Since there was no inquiry for an unfair start, i'm assuming that this happens all the time, but its the first time i've ever noticed it.

johnhannibalsmith
02-16-2013, 01:07 AM
... i've just never seen an asst starter reach over and grab another horse while holding his own...

You can see it happen again. Around :35 the horse focused on throw a mini-fit and you'll see the guy heading the horse to his outside reach over to his inside to help out.

8voRz3mtqTs