PDA

View Full Version : Blinker's Off show

lamboguy
02-15-2013, 01:08 PM
i just listened to it for the first time in a long time on TVG. Matt had Ray Paulick as a guest. i can honestly say the show was pretty good. the gives you some type of insight for the Saturday stake races that are taking place all over the country, mainly though the races that are broadcast live on TVG. but all in all it sounded pretty good to me.

cj
02-15-2013, 01:36 PM
I don't know why people hate on Matt so much. He is one of us, a real horse bettor.

lamboguy
02-15-2013, 01:58 PM
i like both those guys.

BlueShoe
02-15-2013, 02:17 PM
Consider Blinkers Off one of the worth watching features on TVG, but did enjoy it more back when Mike Watchmaker was on nearly every week. The sarcasm and friendly barbs tossed between him and Matty were usually entertaining.

v j stauffer
02-15-2013, 03:53 PM
During the years I would freelance on TVG. I enjoyed doing Blinkers Off probably the most. All stakes races. Few enough you could really cultivate an opinion. Matt always made it easy. He's very comfortable on that show. Was big fun.

cj
02-15-2013, 03:55 PM
Consider Blinkers Off one of the worth watching features on TVG, but did enjoy it more back when Mike Watchmaker was on nearly every week. The sarcasm and friendly barbs tossed between him and Matty were usually entertaining.

Watchmaker? You ever looked at his Top 10 lists? I doesn't even seem like he follows the sport to be honest.

CincyHorseplayer
02-15-2013, 05:56 PM
I don't know why people hate on Matt so much. He is one of us, a real horse bettor.

I relate to that guy because as you said he is a real horseplayer,plus he gets laid or expresses interest in doing so.I can definitely relate to that!Not every player on this site can say that:cool:

ten2oneormore
02-15-2013, 05:58 PM
Watchmaker? You ever looked at his Top 10 lists? I doesn't even seem like he follows the sport to be honest.

I've been thinking that for a few years now.It's as if he compiles all of his opinions from whatever he read in a DRF column.

CincyHorseplayer
02-15-2013, 06:06 PM
I'd like to see Watchmaker's last 10 of girlfriends.It won't add or subtract from his opinion but I bet that list is a lot uglier than his division rankings!:D

cj
02-15-2013, 07:01 PM
I'd like to see Watchmaker's last 10 of girlfriends.It won't add or subtract from his opinion but I bet that list is a lot uglier than his division rankings!:D

Have you seen his rankings?

CincyHorseplayer
02-15-2013, 07:10 PM
Have you seen his rankings?

I agree with Mike's rankings for the most part.He gets it when all is said and done.I was just poking a little fun at the self perceived offtrack women abilities of said person!Maybe I should shut it,but just tagging on Tom's coattails and trying to have some fun with it.Yacking.Just yacking CJ.

the little guy
02-15-2013, 08:06 PM
I relate to that guy because as you said he is a real horseplayer,plus he gets laid or expresses interest in doing so.I can definitely relate to that!Not every player on this site can say that:cool:

Given your smooth gift of gab on this board, you must be swimming in action.

And people say the quality of posting on the internet has waned.

CincyHorseplayer
02-15-2013, 09:18 PM
Given your smooth gift of gab on this board, you must be swimming in action.

And people say the quality of posting on the internet has waned.

Given any man's gift of gab on horseracing around women,period,isn't garnishing jack.

And people say the irony on the internet has waned.

PaceAdvantage
02-15-2013, 10:26 PM
cincy has an uncanny way of grinding conversation to a halt with off-the-wall personal references... :lol:

I agree with cj...and have from time to time commented on here how I actually like Matt C. on TVG, and don't understand why certain people seem to hate on him so much...

I find him entertaining...at least he has a personality, which is saying a lot for that network...plus, he is enthusiastic about the game and he seems to put his money where his mouth is...all pluses in my book.

CincyHorseplayer
02-15-2013, 10:52 PM
cincy has an uncanny way of grinding conversation to a halt with off-the-wall personal references... :lol:

I agree with cj...and have from time to time commented on here how I actually like Matt C. on TVG, and don't understand why certain people seem to hate on him so much...

I find him entertaining...at least he has a personality, which is saying a lot for that network...plus, he is enthusiastic about the game and he seems to put his money where his mouth is...all pluses in my book.

Hey,it comes off the top baby,I hope it isn't too earth shattering though!You know I love this board.

Stillriledup
02-15-2013, 11:10 PM

TVG needs more Matts and less of some of the other guys.