PDA

View Full Version : New NYRA website

tzipi
02-14-2013, 02:59 PM
Looks great! :ThmbUp:

NYRA Mobile looks awesome too. It's got everything. Good job guys.

http://www.nyra.com/aqueduct/

Stillriledup
02-14-2013, 11:41 PM
Andy Serling all over the home page, what's not to love!

:ThmbUp:

I agree, i like the look!

PaceAdvantage
02-15-2013, 01:50 AM
I like it...makes me think how much this place is in need of a makeover... :lol:

Just watched the video "get well soon" card for Ramon...nice gesture by the folks at NYRA...and couldn't help but notice the giant Andy Serling head peering over Andy's shoulder in his office... :lol:

Gotta love Andy's sense of humor! :lol: :lol:

qkMymVv8iDU

andicap
02-15-2013, 09:45 AM
What, no one has criticized NYRA yet? C'mon, bashers you can come with something negative to say about the web site.:p

lamboguy
02-15-2013, 09:59 AM
What, no one has criticized NYRA yet? C'mon, bashers you can come with something negative to say about the web site.:phow can you criticize that website, its real good.

i like all the different things that NYRA has been doing lately. they have had some problems filling races lately but i think that will all change when spring comes.

if i were them, i would get rid of the GRAND SLAM bet and bring in a PICK FIVE. every place that has the PICK FIVE is doing good with it.

bob60566
02-15-2013, 10:16 AM
Does it have the weather forecast :)

the little guy
02-15-2013, 10:34 AM
I like it...makes me think how much this place is in need of a makeover... :lol:

Just watched the video "get well soon" card for Ramon...nice gesture by the folks at NYRA...and couldn't help but notice the giant Andy Serling head peering over Andy's shoulder in his office... :lol:

Gotta love Andy's sense of humor! :lol: :lol:

Ironically, the " Fat Head " was a gift from the person whose incredibly hard work is most responsible for the new website.

Ernie Dahlman
02-15-2013, 10:46 AM
I hope the new tote board updates until all the money is in the pool. The old tote did this only about 40% of the time, making charting of doubles a waste of time.

Robert Fischer
02-15-2013, 12:36 PM
got shut out entering the wager on a winner the 1st race, listening to the broadcast announce a late scratch of :6: d;sauvage.

My own fault for not visually looking, to notice that there was no-delay with hustling them into the gate on schedule. :bang:

Ernie Dahlman
02-17-2013, 07:51 AM
The exacta and doubles boards do not give pool totals. Does anyone know why?

classhandicapper
02-19-2013, 01:32 PM
I hope the new tote board updates until all the money is in the pool. The old tote did this only about 40% of the time, making charting of doubles a waste of time.

I've seen a lot of industry win/place/show pool totals that don't include all the simulcast money in them "ever". I was told it has something to do with net pool pricing issues. I occasionally make place bets and it's pretty tough to calculate the range of payoffs even though I have a spreadsheet with the appropriate net pool pricing calculations when a lot of the money is not even included in the totals. That's ridiculous.

pktruckdriver
02-19-2013, 01:34 PM
What, no one has criticized NYRA yet? C'mon, bashers you can come with something negative to say about the web site.:p

Okay I for one think the new site takes too danm long to get the scratches up, the old site had them by 11 am almost everyday, but not now, what's up wit dat?

Terrible man :mad:

patrick

Charli125
02-19-2013, 01:58 PM
For the past year or so, NYRA has been one of the best about getting their scratches up every day. Just go to the below link and you'll see all tracks as soon as they're entered.

http://www.equibase.com/static/latechanges/html/latechanges.html?refresh=1

The worst in my experience is Sam Houston.

tzipi
02-19-2013, 02:07 PM
For the past year or so, NYRA has been one of the best about getting their scratches up every day. Just go to the below link and you'll see all tracks as soon as they're entered.

http://www.equibase.com/static/latechanges/html/latechanges.html?refresh=1

The worst in my experience is Sam Houston.

I agree, NYRA is one of the faster ones to update when I use Equibase scratches/changes. The other day when using the new NYRA site, they seemed pretty quick.

Ernie Dahlman
02-22-2013, 06:46 AM
I've seen a lot of industry win/place/show pool totals that don't include all the simulcast money in them "ever". I was told it has something to do with net pool pricing issues. I occasionally make place bets and it's pretty tough to calculate the range of payoffs even though I have a spreadsheet with the appropriate net pool pricing calculations when a lot of the money is not even included in the totals. That's ridiculous.

I sent the NYRA website an e-mail and they responded by improving their toteboard information. I should have done that before complaining here, I'll try to do better.

ManU918
02-22-2013, 08:51 AM
In terms of looks its nice to see they have upgraded from the 1980s look but I think its ridiculous how the site offers a "listen to live races" feature and don't offer live video feeds of the NYRA tracks.

cj
02-22-2013, 09:41 AM
In terms of looks its nice to see they have upgraded from the 1980s look but I think its ridiculous how the site offers a "listen to live races" feature and don't offer live video feeds of the NYRA tracks.

They would if they could?

andicap
02-22-2013, 09:59 AM
I presume their simulcasting, ADW and TV deals preclude live video.

OTM Al
02-22-2013, 02:18 PM

You can get this through NYRA rewards even if you are not from NY or CT, and I believe it is not just for NYRA tracks but all tracks. However, patrons are only allowed to sign up for the "video only" option on track. It is unfortunate that people just can't sign up for this wherever they are but this has to do with the lawmakers, not NYRA. Here is the info

http://www.nyrarewards.com/new_members/eligibility.aspx

Rise Over Run
02-22-2013, 02:57 PM
The exacta and doubles boards do not give pool totals. Does anyone know why?

If you click on the "Totals" tab it shows the wagering totals for each of the wagering pools.

Ernie Dahlman
02-22-2013, 07:03 PM
If you click on the "Totals" tab it shows the wagering totals for each of the wagering pools.

Thank you. A NYRA employee named Nick Aquilano implemented all the tote information I requested. He sent me a follow up e-mail. I'm impressed.

Tape Reader
02-24-2013, 08:00 PM
I sent the NYRA website an e-mail and they responded by improving their toteboard information. I should have done that before complaining here, I'll try to do better.

Keep up the good work.

tzipi
03-20-2013, 12:35 AM
NYRA has released the "John Henry Collection" on Youtube. All 20 of his races. Good stuff :ThmbUp:

http://www.nyra.com/aqueduct/nyra-releases-john-henry-collection-on-youtube/

overthehill
03-21-2013, 04:42 AM
i dont usually do this but i happened to be home and watched the tote win pool numbers for the final two minutes in the 9th race yesterday. I was surprised to see no movement in the win pool numbers from 2 minutes to 0 minutes to post time when the pool increased from $32,000 to $61,000. the odds on the #12 horse at the time was 8-1. when i looked at the drf charts I see that the #12 went off at 6.7-1 and on top of the total in the wps pool was $212,000. assuming that at least 70% of that was win money what would imply an actual win pool of $140,000 or over twice the money i saw in the nyra tote at the last flash. that would mean that bettors to the site are really not getting even close to correct information on the true odds. Which leads me to believe what i have always suspected that those whales who hook into the tote systems directly with their computers are operating at an unfair advantage in terms of access to real information. why cant nyra update their pools every 15 seconds for example?