PDA

View Full Version : Gulfstream, "Rainbow Six" 2/14

Teach
02-14-2013, 12:14 PM
Here we go again. I will say this: Unless you're well-heeled and have a fat wad of bills in your pocket, you might want to proceed cautiously. This is tough, and what makes it tougher is that you have to be the alone with one ticket. As the pot inches it's way upward toward three million dollars, more and more people are going to be sending it in. Chances of being the lone ticket decreases with the increasing value of the prize. Talk about inverse relationships.

Ron Nicoletti had the right idea when he commented that you might toss in a ticket with your license number or telephone number, or your children's or grandchildren's ages.

By the way, a "shout out" to track announcer, Larry Collmus. We knew each other when I was a member of the New England Turf Writers. Larry was then the track announcer at Suffolk Downs. I was a regular up in the press box with the late Bob Kinsley, Ron Indrisano, T.D. Thornton, and a host of others. Larry, you do a great job. Clear-as-bell voice. You do an excellent job of telling us where horses are on the racetrack; who's moving into contention and who's in retrograde. Keep up the good work. Your calls are enjoyed and much appreciated.

As I look at the six races, if you can get through the first race, Race #5, I think you have a shot. The remaining races appear more formful and predictable.

Here we go again. "I'm forever chasing rainbows..."

Race Five:

Very tough! So many first time starters. I'm looking at pedigree, breeding, etc. This looks like the race you must get by; it could take an investment. I find it hard to single out any one, or even two or three horses. So many imponderables. I feel like taking out a dart board and blindfolding myself.
Anyway.

I'm going with :10: So Royal. She has Lord At War (ARG) breeding, that should help. This first-time starter also has the services of Jose Lezcano. I'll give :12: Off The Street a "mulligan." Her breeding says she has the potential to be a factor. :9: Gadget Girl is cutting back. She does has some turf lineage. I wouldn't rule her out. :7: Downtown Girl is a Carson City-bred filly who might well take to the lawn. She's finished third on the dirt in both her previous tries. Keep in mind she's been off for over three months.

Race Six:

My choices here are :8: De Price. The Dale Romans-trainee should appreciate the added distance. He might well be closing fastest of all. Others to consider are: :4: Bear's Tiz. The Tiznow-bred gelding may be "on the engine" and playing "catch me if you can". I must say that Patrick Husbands disappointed me by having to rush up the favorite along the rail in yesterday's finale. The horse finished second. Two other horses to consider are :2: Isyoutalkintome and :1: Storm Warnings.

Race Seven:

I like :1: Sweet Mike. I'm a big fan of Johnny Velasquez when he's riding in turf route races. He's a master at finding openings and then charging home for the win. :3: Middleburg is a Lemon Drop Kid-bred colt who might just surprise. Good turf pedigree, and he has the services of the most capable Jose Lezcano.; Then, there's :4: Batten The Hatches with Jesuis Castanon. This Storm Cat-bred colt has hit the tote in his last four turf tries. Finally, :8: Liberal Spin with Corey Lanerie. This Kitten's Joy-bred colt was closing in his last. If he's closer to the pace this time, he could surprise.

Race Eight:

:2: Authenticity looks solid here. He was the beaten odds-on fave in his last. A chance to make amends. There's that dynamic duo again: John Velasquez and Todd Pletcher. Should prevail. Also, :3: Annie Russell. She's coming off a couple turf route races; I like that angle. Then there's :6: Cypress Pond. The horse reurns to the dirt after a turf route. Joe Rocco in the irons for trainer "Rusty" Arnold.

Race Nine:

:8: Harborinthetempest is my choice. Could this be a red-letter day for Johnny V.? Traner Linda Rice is most capable. This Bertrando-bred filly does have a solid turf pedigree. :4: Jessie Can Mambo may well be out on the engine. It'll be up up to Javier Castellano to ration out this filly's speed. Then, there's :1: Dimples. This filly has excellent connections in her jock, Joel Rosario and trainer Mike Maker. Make no mistake: THis Seeking The Gold-bred filly is a threat. :9: Implied won his last at this distance. Is capable of sprininjg an upset.

Race Ten:

I know :8: The Great Gonzo showed little in his two recent turf tries; however, he's back on the dirt where he's performed much better. He does have a class edge and the services of Joe Rocco. Another horse to consider is :5: Fathom's End. He's switching from turf to dirt./ He too has faced better. Finally, a longshot try, a gambler's throw, :12: Commander Bull. This horse looks like he should benefit from his outside post. He's worth a look.

Robert Fischer
02-14-2013, 02:42 PM
Gadget Girl is a high maintenance filly, and she is stuck with a jock situation.

Hoping she has another against-the-grain trip and eventually drops in class or gets a new pilot.

Robert Fischer
02-14-2013, 02:45 PM
Gadget Girl is a high maintenance filly, and she is stuck with a jock situation.

Hoping she has another against-the-grain trip and eventually drops in class or gets a new pilot.

:bang: great she wins today @ unbettable odds and graduates from maiden.
Time to delete her from my watchlist.

Robert Fischer
02-14-2013, 03:11 PM
race 6 was a tough race.

Thought 4 and 8 would be prominent, but 4 almost won with a patient ride.
9 was speed and made a big comeback, and 3 wins with a last-move. Crazy race.

Robert Fischer
02-14-2013, 03:32 PM
r7

3 is supposed to crush these, but it's a deep field

my do a 10c super :2::3::6::7::9::11:

i want to see them warm up.

Robert Fischer
02-14-2013, 03:57 PM
Race Eight:

:2: Authenticity looks solid here. He was the beaten odds-on fave in his last. A chance to make amends. There's that dynamic duo again: John Velasquez and Todd Pletcher. Should prevail.

If you believe the track wants to card carryovers, this is the "lock".

Robert Fischer
02-14-2013, 04:07 PM
i'll do a medium sized double 2 with 1dimples in the next race

Robert Fischer
02-14-2013, 04:34 PM
dimples should be much the best , but the 9 scares me.

Robert Fischer
02-14-2013, 04:41 PM
all right, we're back in business

Zydeco
02-14-2013, 04:46 PM
Carrying again.

Robert Goren
02-14-2013, 04:48 PM
Carrying again.I am shocked! :eek: :rolleyes:

senortout
02-14-2013, 05:14 PM
horses on my 80 cent ticket ran 2nd(Abbey Street) , 1st and 3rd(St.Moose, Bear's Tizz, 4th and 3rd(Sweet Mike, Batten The Hatches), 1st(Authenticity), 1st(Dimples) and 2nd and also ran(Broome Street, Lizard's Repent)

I had a lotta fun for those 80 cents!

LAP_520
02-14-2013, 05:22 PM
Gulfstream Park 2/14/2013

Rainbow Pick 6 results

$0.10 Pick-6

2,9,13-15/3/3/2,7,9/1,3,8/6,9 (6 of 6)

$294.30

Pick-6

Carryover

$2,492,011.99