PDA

View Full Version : Good Article about Dermorphin (Frog Juice)

LLHorses
02-11-2013, 03:13 PM
Awwww that frog is so cute. :D

http://www.equinechronicle.com/health/milkshakes-snake-venom-and-now-frog-juice-what-will-they-think-of-next.html

A few quotes from the article.

EASY TO MAKE

“Dermorphin is a peptide containing seven amino acid residues, so it is a fairly simple matter to synthesize it using standard biochemical procedures. I doubt that any of the dermorphin that has been found actually came from the South American frog from which it was originally reported. Biochemical supply companies routinely provide these types of chemicals for experimental use, but warn that they are not for medical use, because they have not been approved by U.S. FDA for any medical use.”

DISCOVERED IN THE 1980's

(They first figured out how to test for this stuff in 2012, that's 32 years folks)

(If you believe horsemen first started using this stuff in 2011, I've got some swampland down in Florida for sale)

“It was first described in the 1980s, after isolation from frog skin, and was evaluated experimentally in a number of animal models. I first heard rumors about the use of frog venom in Quarter Horses in early 2011, and it was identified as dermorphin in May 2011.”

IT TAKES A VERY LOW DOSE TO AFFECT THE ANIMAL (Perfect for Horse Racing)

"The fact that a substance is described as being 30-40 times more potent than morphine does not mean that it is more effective than morphine in abolishing pain. It means that it can abolish the pain at a lower dose."

INCREASED LOCOMOTOR ACTIVITY :eek:

“Dermorphin is a substance that has been demonstrated to act as an agonist at the mu-opiate receptor,” Sams says. “Other mu-opiate agonists are morphine, fentanyl, and etorphine. We typically associate these substances with analgesic effects in people and dogs, but they produce a paradoxical effect in horses that results in increased locomotor activity at low doses and low blood concentrations.”

Locomotor skills are those motor skills in which the feet move the body from one place to another.

tzipi
02-11-2013, 04:05 PM
Yeah that stuff obviously has been used for years in racing to boost horses and fool the betting public.

As they say, right now out of work chemists are working in "labs" to come up with the next untraceable PED drug to make big money on.

5k-claim
02-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Thanks for sharing this link.

I don't mind 2-5 year bans on these guys... just to start with. First offence. Put it in writing.

After reading the article, I also think "Waxy Monkey" would make a good name for a colt with an attitude. Might get specialed a lot, though.

tzipi
02-11-2013, 05:56 PM
Thanks for sharing this link.

I don't mind 2-5 year bans on these guys... just to start with. First offence. Put it in writing.

After reading the article, I also think "Waxy Monkey" would make a good name for a colt with an attitude. Might get specialed a lot, though.

I agree, first time caught with these obvious hidden drugs and you're out. Just don't cheat the other owners and betting public with drugs and you'll be fine.

LLHorses
02-13-2013, 08:17 AM
Just for the hell of it I did a Google search for "buy dermorphin" and found plenty of sites selling it. Can't believe they would just let anybody buy a dangerous drug like that but who knows. I'm not going to go thru the process to find out either. Doesn't look like 5 mg is that expensive if you get away with it.

http://www.genwaybio.com/dermorphin

http://www.abbiotec.com/peptides/dermorphin

http://www.phoenixpeptide.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=584&osCsid=92f0c0b4a27c03c5a05a12eedf8aba09

tophorse1145
02-13-2013, 10:27 AM
Well, you have done a good research and thanks for sharing it. BTW, If something is banned it doesn't mean that you can not get it just the difference is you have to pay more for that and you will get it.

RXB
02-14-2013, 09:15 PM
A trainer in Nebraska only got a two-year suspension for frog juice. His brother is the state HBPA president. See how it all works?