PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Ben Carson shocks Obama!

so.cal.fan
02-11-2013, 11:08 AM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/02/07/dr_benjamin_carson_addresses_national_prayer_break fast_criticizes_obamacare.html

What a great lecture by Dr. Carson, a self made man, who speaks the truth.
Not a surprise this hasn't been covered in the main stream Obama media.

NJ Stinks
02-11-2013, 01:31 PM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/02/07/dr_benjamin_carson_addresses_national_prayer_break fast_criticizes_obamacare.html

What exactly did you want the media to report? That the man is in favor of a flat tax? That the man prefers Carsoncare?

Tell us what should have been reported and why.

so.cal.fan
02-11-2013, 01:50 PM
Your ignorant comment is hardly worth a reply, but here goes:

Dr. Ben Carson is a great man. Barack Obama is not.

NJ Stinks
02-11-2013, 02:05 PM
Ignorant? So you think that the doctor is a great man and Obama is not so that makes his speech newsworthy?

Since FOX News was all over this, I guess somebody agrees with you.

Anyway, I thought Carson gave an interesting speech. He is sincere in his beliefs and is confident in his beliefs. That's all well and good. But that doesn't make it newsworthy unless one wants to see the President roasted at a prayer meeting. Obviously, you and FOX News did.

Tom
02-11-2013, 03:00 PM
The best way to appear great is to stand next to Obama! :lol:

ArlJim78
02-11-2013, 03:00 PM
it's rare that someone is allowed to passionately debunk the presidents agenda while in his presense. the story is the fact that that this even occurred, given how protective the media is of their savior and messiah. it made the president look small and pathetic, which of course he is.

mostpost
02-11-2013, 04:38 PM

I would have more confidence in President Obama operating on my brain than I would in Dr. Carson running any part of the government. Being a neurosurgeon, no matter how brilliant, does add any credence to one's opinion in unrelated fields. In fact it makes it less likely that your opinion is correct.

johnhannibalsmith
02-11-2013, 04:54 PM
I would have more confidence in President Obama operating on my brain ...

Yeah, well, considering we have five years of posts documenting his amazing success at doing just that, I bet you do... :lol:

mostpost
02-11-2013, 04:55 PM
Your ignorant comment is hardly worth a reply, but here goes:

Dr. Ben Carson is a great man. Barack Obama is not.
Why don't you answer NJ Stinks question? What is newsworthy about another rich doctor being opposed to the Affordable Care Act? What in Dr. Carson's background makes him an expert on the economics of health care? Most doctors don't have a clue about the workings of their office. They hire competent people to handle that.

If Dr. Carson is a great man, it is because of his skills as a neurosurgeon. Thinking that those skills could transfer to a totally unrelated field is akin to thinking Lafitte Pincay Jr. could star for the Bulls.

Oh, Barack Obama may or may not be a great man, but your opinion is the last I would solicit on the subject.

Jay Trotter
02-11-2013, 05:00 PM
Not a surprise this hasn't been covered in the main stream Obama media.This whole "main stream media" thing is so tired. From what I can determine The Fox News Channel is available to approximately 102 million households and it is regularly viewed by approximately 25 percent of the viewing public.

With this reach isn't Fox by definition part of the "main stream media"? So, the issues are out there in one way or another. MSNBC emphasises certain things; Fox emphasises certain things; CNN does certain things.

What is the "main stream media" anyway? I mean with the internet, twitter, facebook, blah, blah, blah there really is no one source of information anymore. This whole blaming things as a result of the "main stream media" slant is totally bogus.

People go to get the news where they feel most comfortable. Anyone who tries to say MSNBC isn't biased is fooling themselves and that goes likewise for FOX. To actually put "fair and balanced" as their tagline just discredits what they do actually do (and they do what they do fairly well). Let's just not call it unbiased.

Whenever I hear the term "main stream media" it just makes me think "oh poor me, if only we had the media on our side we surely would have won"! No, the media doesn't win the election or the arguement or the particular issue; the content of the arguement does; and if it's an uphill battle then fight harder to be heard.

Okay, I'm done.

NJ Stinks
02-11-2013, 05:01 PM
it's rare that someone is allowed to passionately debunk the presidents agenda while in his presense. the story is the fact that that this even occurred, given how protective the media is of their savior and messiah. it made the president look small and pathetic, which of course he is.

I thought the three Romney-Obama face to face debates were mostly about Romney passionately debunking the President's agenda. And besides, everybody knows a prayer meeting is no time to pick on a messiah! :p

so.cal.fan
02-11-2013, 05:03 PM
Most postmen don't have a clue either, Mostpost.
You are a political hack who probably posts on many well read boards, always spinning for the far left. This is your idea of being a community organizer? Stick to delivering mail.

:sleeping:

redshift1
02-11-2013, 05:29 PM
Dr.Carson the republican Noam Chomsky of political commentary. Cueing up the Holiday Inn Express commercials......

FantasticDan
02-11-2013, 05:42 PM
Where do you get off making that kind of sense around here? Now go home and get your f---ing shinebox! :)

This whole "main stream media" thing is so tired. From what I can determine The Fox News Channel is available to approximately 102 million households and it is regularly viewed by approximately 25 percent of the viewing public.

With this reach isn't Fox by definition part of the "main stream media"? So, the issues are out there in one way or another. MSNBC emphasises certain things; Fox emphasises certain things; CNN does certain things.

What is the "main stream media" anyway? I mean with the internet, twitter, facebook, blah, blah, blah there really is no one source of information anymore. This whole blaming things as a result of the "main stream media" slant is totally bogus.

People go to get the news where they feel most comfortable. Anyone who tries to say MSNBC isn't biased is fooling themselves and that goes likewise for FOX. To actually put "fair and balanced" as their tagline just discredits what they do actually do (and they do what they do fairly well). Let's just not call it unbiased.

Whenever I hear the term "main stream media" it just makes me think "oh poor me, if only we had the media on our side we surely would have won"! No, the media doesn't win the election or the arguement or the particular issue; the content of the arguement does; and if it's an uphill battle then fight harder to be heard.

Okay, I'm done.

PaceAdvantage
02-11-2013, 05:42 PM
What in Dr. Carson's background makes him an expert on the economics of health care?One could ask the same question of Obama.

JustRalph
02-11-2013, 05:53 PM
He is a very accomplished man who came from nothing.

His mother may be the real story. Married at 13. Raised 24 kids.

I suggest you look into his background and accomplishments before you start throwing cold water on the guy just because he doesn't subscribe to your politics.

I tend to loathe Hannity, but I heard on the radio that the good Doctor will be on Hannity for the full hour on Friday night. With a studio audience.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Carson

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4950531

PaceAdvantage
02-11-2013, 05:54 PM
How long before the good Dr. is being referred to as an "Uncle Tom" by the left?

I give it +/- 3 days...

johnhannibalsmith
02-11-2013, 06:15 PM
I think the white left has finally come to the reality that they have absolutely no business pretending that all blacks should think the same way and act the same way. I mean, they believe it, but they know that they really shouldn't say such things. Blacks will still say it publicly, and I really don't understand why. It has to be one of the most brazenly racist comments still lingering in the repertoir of incendiary insults.

NJ Stinks
02-11-2013, 06:19 PM
How long before the good Dr. is being referred to as an "Uncle Tom" by the left?

I give it +/- 3 days...

Are you kidding? This guy will be hired by FOX News even sooner if he wants Murdoch's cash.

NJ Stinks
02-11-2013, 06:25 PM
I think the white left has finally come to the reality that they have absolutely no business pretending that all blacks should think the same way and act the same way. I mean, they believe it, but they know that they really shouldn't say such things. Blacks will still say it publicly, and I really don't understand why. It has to be one of the most brazenly racist comments still lingering in the repertoir of incendiary insults.

What are you talking about? Blacks think any way they want. It's a free country.

95% voted for Obama for a reason. Democrats don't have to pretend anything. Republicans do. :rolleyes:

PaceAdvantage
02-11-2013, 06:29 PM
Are you kidding? This guy will be hired by FOX News even sooner if he wants Murdoch's cash.Watching the entire video, I don't even know what the big deal is about.

He didn't exactly rip Obama or his policies a new one. He seemed like a bright guy who had a few opinions of his own...a decent chap...

Neither side should be that crazed over him I would think...

NJ Stinks
02-11-2013, 06:38 PM
Watching the entire video, I don't even know what the big deal is about.

He didn't exactly rip Obama or his policies a new one. He seemed like a bright guy who had a few opinions of his own...a decent chap...

Me neither. My main beef was USC using the words "lecture" and "truth". Who was the guy lecturing with this truth? I also don't get why should the media be covering this guy's truth lecture other than the fact that USC agrees with him.

johnhannibalsmith
02-11-2013, 06:44 PM
What are you talking about? ...

You've never heard the insult "Uncle Tom"? Really?

Not applied to Herman Cain?

Not applied to Colin Powell?

Not applied to Clarence Thomas?

Not applied in this very forum in every which way but using the exact phrase in reference to Thomas Sowell?

What is it that you don't get? It's a disgusting insult that gets thrown around all the time and as I tried to point out, thankfully, those that have had no issues yelling about racists while also feeling comfortable with that particular insult are waking up to the fact that it is exactly that - a repulsive insult based on race that presumes that blacks should be identified exclusively by their race and not their individuality.

johnhannibalsmith
02-11-2013, 06:45 PM
95% voted for Obama for a reason. Democrats don't have to pretend anything. Republicans do. :rolleyes:

By the way, what in the holy hell does this have to do with anything at all?

NJ Stinks
02-11-2013, 06:57 PM
You've never heard the insult "Uncle Tom"? Really?

Not applied to Herman Cain?

Not applied to Colin Powell?

Not applied to Clarence Thomas?

Not applied in this very forum in every which way but using the exact phrase in reference to Thomas Sowell?

What is it that you don't get? It's a disgusting insult that gets thrown around all the time and as I tried to point out, thankfully, those that have had no issues yelling about racists while also feeling comfortable with that particular insult are waking up to the fact that it is exactly that - a repulsive insult based on race that presumes that blacks should be identified exclusively by their race and not their individuality.

I don't pretend blacks should think anything.

NJ Stinks
02-11-2013, 06:59 PM
By the way, what in the holy hell does this have to do with anything at all?

The holy hell is that blacks aren't pretending. 95% opted for the Democrat.

johnhannibalsmith
02-11-2013, 07:17 PM
I don't pretend blacks should think anything.

Good man. Spread the word.

johnhannibalsmith
02-11-2013, 07:19 PM
The holy hell is that blacks aren't pretending. 95% opted for the Democrat.

I'm really not following. This isn't about elections or Obama. It's about the way blacks that don't toe the company line are treated by the company. My response to Mr. PA was meant to be somewhat complimentary towards the attitude of the left on the matter (at least the white left), insofar that I think that your outlook on the matter as stated in the previous post is gaining traction. As it should.

PaceAdvantage
02-11-2013, 07:40 PM
His mother may be the real story. Married at 13. Raised 24 kids.Actually, from listening to Dr. Carson, it sounded like his mother came from a family of 24...but she herself only had two children, or thereabouts...

Valuist
02-11-2013, 07:57 PM
He was just on Kudlow's show on CNBC.

NJ Stinks
02-11-2013, 08:08 PM
Good man. Spread the word.

I think we found serendipity. :cool:

Temporarily, of course! :mad: :)

Grits
02-11-2013, 09:02 PM
Actually, from listening to Dr. Carson, it sounded like his mother came from a family of 24...but she herself only had two children, or thereabouts...

Watching the entire video, I don't even know what the big deal is about.

The man was invited to provide the keynote address. He did exactly this, and he did it eloquently, as always. He's brilliant, and whether one believes his address was an intentional smack down directed at the president is moot. He spoke based on his own beliefs.

Mike, you're correct his mother was one of 24 children. She, herself, had only two sons, Dr. Carson and his brother, Curtis, who is an engineer. His mother raised them alone as he has spoken of many times.

Because medicine interests me, I have been aware of and followed Dr.Ben Carson's career since I first read his autobiography released in 1990 titled, "Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story." Along with this man's faith, his being raised in poverty by a single mother, her working 2 and 3 jobs doing laundry and scrubbing floors as a maid wanting and demanding more of her children, and his dedication to healing children, this was a story--a man, I wanted to learn about.

I believe, still today, decades later, that Dr.Carson is the most renown, the most skilled pediatric neurosurgeon in the world. No other individual that I am aware of has been made Chief of any other hospital's Pediatric Neurosurgery Dept., at 33 years old, certainly not one with the reputation of Hopkins.

The term "Uncle Tom" and Dr.Carson repeated together in any sense is an offensive joke-one beyond measure that would indicate far more about the writer than about Dr.Carson.

Gentlemen, I think I'd learn more about him before I second guessed his motives. Many here seem to have never heard of Ben Carson. Those who know nothing of this man would do better to hit, enter, after you have learned who he is, what he has achieved, and what he is about.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_7?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=gifted+hands&sprefix=Gifted+%2Caps%2C155

From the Publisher

In 1987, Dr. Benjamin Carson gained worldwide recognition for his part in the first successful separation of Siamese twins joined at the back of the head. The extremely complex and delicate operation, five months in the planning and twenty-two hours in the execution, involved a surgical plan that Carson helped initiate.

Carson pioneered again in a rare procedure known as hemispherectomy, giving children without hope a second chance at life through a daring operation in which he literally removed one half of their brain.

But such breakthroughs aren't unusual for Ben Carson. He's been beating the odds since he was a child.

Raised in inner-city Detroit by a mother with a third grade education, Ben lacked motivation. He had terrible grades. And a pathological temper threatened to put him in jail. But Sonya Carson convinced her son that he could make something of his life, even though everything around him said otherwise.

Trust in God, a relentless belief in his own capabilities, and sheer determination catapulted Ben from failing grades to the top of his class--and beyond to a Yale scholarship . . . the University of Michigan Medical School . . . and finally, at age 33, the directorship of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland. Today, Dr. Ben Carson holds twenty honorary doctorates and is the possessor of a long string of honors and awards, including the Horatio Alger Award, induction into the "Great Blacks in Wax" Museum in Baltimore, Maryland, and an invitation as Keynote Speaker at the 1997 President's National Prayer Breakfast.

Gifted Hands is the riveting story of one man's secret for success, tested against daunting odds and driven by an incredible mindset that dares to take risks. This inspiring autobiography takes you into the operating room to witness surgeries that made headlines around the world--and into the private mind of a compassionate, God-fearing physician who lives to help others. Through it all shines a humility, quick wit, and down-to-earth style that make this book one you won't easily forget. Dr. Benjamin Carson is director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore. He lives with his wife, Candy, and three sons in West Friendship, Maryland.

elysiantraveller
02-11-2013, 09:19 PM
I know a person that has spent some time with him and helped with his foundation(s) through other non-profits that thinks the world of him.

I'm sure he is a great guy and all but I'm not sold on him as a politician of any sort... White, black, or green this faith-based-governance type candidate the Republican's tend to put up isn't helping the party anymore.

It was a very good speech though.

This isn't directed at anyone.

so.cal.fan
02-11-2013, 10:05 PM
GRITS! Thank you so much for your post about Dr. Carson.
I didn't know anything about him until recently.
Our good friend, an RN for the past 40 years and a very special good person, who has done hospice work as well as pediatric work.
She told us that pediatricians are the very best of doctors as far as good character, they are unselfish, not in medicine for the money and just very kind and dedicated people.
Dr. Carson is truly a great, great man.
I wish he was our President. Who needs politicians?
This is a good man with superior character, unlike anyone I can think of in politics off hand.

Thanks again, Grits for your information. I will be reading his books.

Tom
02-11-2013, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by mostpost
I would have more confidence in President Obama operating on my brain ...

What could go wrong? :lol:

so.cal.fan
02-11-2013, 10:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20ew5848Z8E

I suggest all you left wing wonks who think this guy isn't a great man.....please watch this clip.

Tom
02-11-2013, 10:25 PM
GRITS! Thank you so much for your post about Dr. Carson. YES! :ThmbUp:

Tip o' my hat to our fine southern belle, too!
Very interesting thread....the typical example of Rush's LIV s were quick to line up against the guy for speaking the truth. Not much in the way of intelligent counter-points made, but none was expected.

The guy made more sense in one speech that Obama has made in.....well, ever.

What will be fun is to compare this speech the drivel we will hear spewed out of a deranged teleprompter tomorrow night by a total fool of a man. :lol::lol::lol:

newtothegame
02-12-2013, 12:11 AM
I would have more confidence in President Obama operating on my brain than I would in Dr. Carson running any part of the government. Being a neurosurgeon, no matter how brilliant, does add any credence to one's opinion in unrelated fields. In fact it makes it less likely that your opinion is correct.
So, lets get this straight....you say dr Carson is irrelevant because he is in an unrelated field, therefore he has no credibility!
Yet you support Obama who has never held a real job in his life to run the country.....????????
Pathetic!

PaceAdvantage
02-12-2013, 12:26 AM
How is a Doctor in healthcare someone in an unrelated field? This question goes out to mostpost.

FantasticDan
02-12-2013, 12:47 AM
How is a Doctor in healthcare someone in an unrelated field? This question goes out to mostpost.People in this thread have suggested that Carson should be President, which I think involves areas of expertise other than medicine. This is what Most was referring to.

johnhannibalsmith
02-12-2013, 12:51 AM
People in this thread have suggested that Carson should be President, which I think involves areas of expertise other than medicine. This is what Most was referring to.

He also made it clear that physicians only know how to do check ups and surgery and whatnot and have no idea how their offices work and have to hire people to do that heavy lifting for them. In other words, they may know a lot about being a doctor, but they have no grasp of the economics behind behind a doctor. Or something like that. You'd make a good teleprompter for him because I wasn't exactly sold on the premise that the doctor couldn't possibly understand the economics of health care because he chose neurosurgery over clerical work.

Tom
02-12-2013, 07:39 AM
People in this thread have suggested that Carson should be President, which I think involves areas of expertise other than medicine. This is what Most was referring to.

He has no interest in running.
I like it when REAL Americans stand up and speak out.
Scares the crap out of democrats! :D

so.cal.fan
02-12-2013, 10:38 AM
It was interesting to watch Obama during Dr. Carson's speech.
He was very pissed off. Michelle applauded Dr. Carson, she obviously respects the man. However, Obama did not. Really tells me a lot about Obama, even if I didn't have a negative opinion of him, I sure would have one after watching him.
Obama is a very "small" man. He has no more qualifications to be the President than Charley Sheen, imho.
Dr. Carson is one in 10 million, he is such a special man. A great man.
The difference is obvious. Watch the speech.

FantasticDan
02-12-2013, 10:54 AM
It was interesting to watch Obama during Dr. Carson's speech. He was very pissed off. Michelle applauded Dr. Carson, she obviously respects the man. However, Obama did not. Really tells me a lot about Obama, even if I didn't have a negative opinion of him, I sure would have one after watching him. Obama is a very "small" man.Not to question your lucidity :rolleyes: , but what the hell are you talking about? Obama applauds Carson at the beginning of his speech, and applauds him again (and stands, along with everyone) at the conclusion. :confused: :sleeping:

FantasticDan
02-12-2013, 11:21 AM
Oh I see what you mean.. Michelle and some of the crowd give Carson some brief, cursory applause at a couple points in the speech, but Obama doesn't. :eek:

So I agree now.. Obama is a small, small man! :ThmbUp:

so.cal.fan
02-12-2013, 11:37 AM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/02/11/dr_ben_carson_on_criticizing_obamacare_somebody_ha s_to_stand_up_to_the_bullies.html

FantasticDan
02-12-2013, 11:43 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/02/12/dr-ben-carson-should-apologize-to-president-obama/

Tom
02-12-2013, 11:58 AM
The breakfast is supposed to bring together people from different political viewpoints and cultures. It is supposed to bridge divides, not widen them.
Well, seeing how the prez has been alienating people and waging class warfare,

I see his being called out for it totally appropriate. Any seeing how the prez has the advantage of the bully pulpit and a Ménage à Trois with the press,talking advantage of the situation was good timing.

If you really wanted to bridge a dived, why would you invite Obama, the Great Divider?

When you intrude on people's lives as this dirt bag has done, don't expect niceties. The gloves are off, 24/7.

NJ Stinks
02-12-2013, 01:09 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/02/12/dr-ben-carson-should-apologize-to-president-obama/

Truly rare when I agree with Cal Thomas. Anybody not blinded by animosity for Obama can see that the doctor's political points were inappropriate.

Tom
02-12-2013, 01:21 PM
Poor baby.
Maybe he should grow a set.
The left never whines when bottom feeders like Code Pink intrude on meetings/events, whatever, so I guess if they do not like this......tough goobers. I applaud it and if OBO don't like it, I "standing applaud it." :D

mostpost
02-12-2013, 03:32 PM
Poor baby.
Maybe he should grow a set.
The left never whines when bottom feeders like Code Pink intrude on meetings/events, whatever, so I guess if they do not like this......tough goobers. I applaud it and if OBO don't like it, I "standing applaud it." :D
You're kinda slow aren't you? This was not the appropriate venue. It was a prayer breakfast, dedicated to prayer not politics. Dr. Carson lectured the President knowing that the President would not respond. There is no difference between what he did and what the Westboro Baptist Church does when it disrupts Veterans funerals to protest gay rights.

Code Pink protests military spending at Congressional hearings on military spending. It advocates gun laws at Congressional hearings on gun laws. Their protests may be inappropriate and the may be arrested for them, but they are willing to face that possibility. Dr. Carson knew that he would suffer no ill for speaking out and that there would be no rebuttal because he knew that Obama would respect the purpose of the prayer breakfast.

Did Dr. Carson appear before the relevant committees when ACA was being debated? Or does he just grandstand?

FantasticDan
02-12-2013, 03:42 PM
Mosty, I think what likely happened was that Carson originally had no intention of taking political shots, but when very small man Obama didn't applaud to his satisfaction during the speech, very great and special man Carson took offense and felt he had to put Obama in his place. :ThmbUp:

johnhannibalsmith
02-12-2013, 03:46 PM
You're kinda slow aren't you? .... There is no difference between what he did and what the Westboro Baptist Church does when it disrupts Veterans funerals to protest gay rights.

Yeah, I haven't been real interested in this story because I think the criticism of Obama and his reaction is a bit overblown considering it's hard to imagine him looking overly celebratory while someone launches a critique. He just looked pensive and mildly irritated, which doesn't seem irrational to me all things considered.

But what kind of ridiculous analogy is that? There is no difference? Are you completely losing your mind? Spewing outright hatred towards people that are mourning and generally doing it without much context at all is the exact same thing as being critical of the President's policy during a non-political event? You gonna tell me that half of the stump speeches that weren't designated specifically as political events, but become one simply because of the attendees is the same thing as lunatics screaming about "God hating fags" at the funerals of soldiers? Get the **** out of here with that stupidity.

Tom
02-12-2013, 03:51 PM
Did Dr. Carson appear before the relevant committees when ACA was being debated? Or does he just grandstand?

He spoke the truth that the lame stream media will not.
What you consider appropriate is hardly a concern of mine, or many others.
To bad - learn to live with it. It will be increasing.
About time our side started treating your side with the lack of respect it deserves. Think of it like this - it IS personal.

Wassup, don't like the taste of your own medicine? :lol::lol::lol:

mostpost
02-12-2013, 04:18 PM
So, lets get this straight....you say dr Carson is irrelevant because he is in an unrelated field, therefore he has no credibility!
Yet you support Obama who has never held a real job in his life to run the country.....????????
Pathetic!
President Obama had a real job with the Business International Corporation which helps American companies do business abroad. He had a real job with the New York Public Interest Research Group. If you think that is not a real job, then the people who work at the Cato Institute and the Heritage Foundation don't have real jobs either. He had a real job as a lecturer and senior lecturer at the University of Chicago Law School. Of course teaching is not a real job according to you.

And he had a real job as an Illinois State Senator and a United States Senator. Those are real jobs despite your snobbish "No job is a real job unless it involves making a profit" attitude.

Of course none of those jobs were real jobs like George Bush who ran an oil company, INTO THE GROUND, or Ronald Reagan whose real job was making believe.

JustRalph
02-12-2013, 05:10 PM
President Obama had a real job with the Business International Corporation which helps American companies do business abroad. He had a real job with the New York Public Interest Research Group. If you think that is not a real job, then the people who work at the Cato Institute and the Heritage Foundation don't have real jobs either. He had a real job as a lecturer and senior lecturer at the University of Chicago Law School. Of course teaching is not a real job according to you.

And he had a real job as an Illinois State Senator and a United States Senator. Those are real jobs despite your snobbish "No job is a real job unless it involves making a profit" attitude.

Of course none of those jobs were real jobs like George Bush who ran an oil company, INTO THE GROUND, or Ronald Reagan whose real job was making believe.

I suppose when Ron Reagan was president of the screen actors guild that wasn't a real job? You know, president of a union? You should love him for that.

Being Governor of California wasn't a real job either? How about being a radio DJ and a sports reporter? Play by play guy? Not a real job?
How about his time in the military?

Since you didn't specify I guess you were speaking of GW. How about being Governor of Texas? Real job? Btw, the biggest Dem tear down on Rick Perry is that he inherited Texas prosperity from the former Governor. I wonder who that was?

Btw, you Dems love your actors today. Reagan was a pretty big name for a short while. But he ended up on the wrong team. I get it.

Once again......you are full of it.

mostpost
02-12-2013, 06:15 PM
I suppose when Ron Reagan was president of the screen actors guild that wasn't a real job? You know, president of a union? You should love him for that.

Being Governor of California wasn't a real job either? How about being a radio DJ and a sports reporter? Play by play guy? Not a real job?
How about his time in the military?

Since you didn't specify I guess you were speaking of GW. How about being Governor of Texas? Real job? Btw, the biggest Dem tear down on Rick Perry is that he inherited Texas prosperity from the former Governor. I wonder who that was?

Btw, you Dems love your actors today. Reagan was a pretty big name for a short while. But he ended up on the wrong team. I get it.

Once again......you are full of it.
My response was to Newtothegame, who claimed that Obama never held a real job. If being Governor of California is a real job, then so is being a United States Senator. Thank you for proving my point.

Was Reagan a play by play guy? Or did he just read what came over the ticker and embellish it? My point is you give Reagan and GW Bush credit for the same kinds of jobs that you refuse to give Obama credit for.

NJ Stinks
02-12-2013, 07:07 PM
He spoke the truth that the lame stream media will not.
What you consider appropriate is hardly a concern of mine, or many others.
To bad - learn to live with it. It will be increasing.
About time our side started treating your side with the lack of respect it deserves. Think of it like this - it IS personal.

Wassup, don't like the taste of your own medicine? :lol::lol::lol:

One of your many fantasies is that you keep forgetting you lost the Presidential election. You also lost Senate seats and seats in the House.

Learn to live with that! :rolleyes: And by the way, who gives a shit if you are personally offended by Obama? Do you think that anybody cared that I found GWB offensive for 8 years? I don't.

johnhannibalsmith
02-12-2013, 07:15 PM
... Do you think that anybody cared that I found GWB offensive for 8 years? I don't.

YLfGBKO8vOc

Tom
02-12-2013, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks
... Do you think that anybody cared that I found GWB offensive for 8 years? I don't.

And the pain continues for you - with CHRISTIE as your governor. :lol::lol::lol:

traveler
02-12-2013, 10:26 PM

FYI - From Jan 2005 to Oct 2008, Obama missed 314 of 1,300 roll call votes, which is 24.2%. This is worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Oct 2008.

His Senate record - in a real job you'd get fired for that.

Also, won't be long before Illinois goes belly-up with the what is probably the worst state pension problem in the country.

Tom
02-13-2013, 07:47 AM
Originally Posted by mostpost

On the list of real jobs, that falls beneath street walker, pimp, crack dealer, and assistant crack whore.

Grits
02-13-2013, 11:32 AM
SoCal, I'm glad you liked my post. Enjoy Dr.Carson's books. I very much have! ;-)
I think your friend is right about pediatricians, right about any doctor whose specialty is in childhood diseases. My son's cardiologist at Duke has taken care of him since birth. She could have moved him up to an adult cardiologist long ago, but she won't. As she says, "He's not leaving me. I know him. I know everything about him, more about his heart condition, his lung condition, his overall health than anyone else I could send him up to."

Individuals like Dr.Carson and my son's cardiologist who are on staff at teaching/university hospitals are not filthy wealthy as many may believe. Granted Dr.Carson's fees for speaking engagements and his book sales may well go to his Carson Scholars Foundation, his salary, my son's cardiologist's salary, (she's Dean of Admission's of Duke's Medical School also) and that of other professors/doctors pales when compared to those whom they are educating. Each will tell you, they are training today's young doctors only to see their students go into PRIVATE PRACTICE, where the money is, instead of remaining at a teaching hospital. Even, when that young doctor, too, may be quite talented and could serve the hospital and the entire medical community as a vital link to research and best practices outcome.

They do this knowing they'll make far more money, privately, than those brilliant doctors who educated them.

GRITS! Thank you so much for your post about Dr. Carson.
I didn't know anything about him until recently.
Our good friend, an RN for the past 40 years and a very special good person, who has done hospice work as well as pediatric work.
She told us that pediatricians are the very best of doctors as far as good character, they are unselfish, not in medicine for the money and just very kind and dedicated people.
Dr. Carson is truly a great, great man.
I wish he was our President. Who needs politicians?
This is a good man with superior character, unlike anyone I can think of in politics off hand.

Thanks again, Grits for your information. I will be reading his books.

FantasticDan
02-13-2013, 11:55 AM
FYI - From Jan 2005 to Oct 2008, Obama missed 314 of 1,300 roll call votes, which is 24.2%. This is worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Oct 2008.The vast majority of those missed votes came during his presidential run. McCain, Clinton, Biden, Dodd, Kerry etc all have poor Senate voting records during their prez campaigns.

Tom
02-13-2013, 12:06 PM
Politics aside, it is clear to me that if you wish to run for an office, you must first resign any current office you hold.

You cannot carry out your oath and run a campaign.

This may seem trite, but it just goes to show how little the oath of office means to these bottom feeders on both sides.

so.cal.fan
02-13-2013, 12:06 PM
Dan!
You may have hit on a great idea!

Ban sitting politicians from actively campaigning in Presidential elections! If they want to run for President, they should RESIGN from Congress/Senate.

Tom
02-13-2013, 12:11 PM
AND....just to make sure we get GOOD candidates, the loser is always SHOT! :eek:

That should weed out a few.

johnhannibalsmith
02-13-2013, 12:18 PM
Politics aside, it is clear to me that if you wish to run for an office, you must first resign any current office you hold.

You cannot carry out your oath and run a campaign.

This may seem trite, but it just goes to show how little the oath of office means to these bottom feeders on both sides.

Nobody could ever campaign. That's all they do while in office is begin a neverending campaign to the next cycle. Every thought, statement, and decision first vetted by the re-election crew. In other words, you need one-term limits on all offices if you want that to work. :D

traveler
02-13-2013, 06:38 PM
The vast majority of those missed votes came during his presidential run. McCain, Clinton, Biden, Dodd, Kerry etc all have poor Senate voting records during their prez campaigns.

No problem here getting rid of any pol that does that - that is a big diff. between us more conservatives and the libs - libs would make an excuse for their boys doing it. McCain has turned into a doddering fool.