PDA

View Full Version : Colizeo AQU today

tzipi
02-10-2013, 11:56 PM
The horse loses solidly for Pletcher a month ago. Comes right back for "Rodriguez" at same distance and price and wins for fun. My arms up in the air :confused: Any angles or reasons I missed?

MightBeSosa
02-11-2013, 12:07 AM
The horse loses solidly for Pletcher a month ago. Comes right back for "Rodriguez" at same distance and price and wins for fun. My arms up in the air :confused: Any angles or reasons I missed?

This is old, ancient news. Been moving em up large for what, almost 2 years. Guys magic.

SandyW
02-11-2013, 12:54 AM
A trainer that gives a lot of TLC (TENDER LOVING CARE) makes the difference.

Stillriledup
02-11-2013, 02:47 AM
Once the other Ortiz stiffed the favorite (returning the favor from Race 2) this became a weak race. It was a hard and wet track, the field wasnt all that great, the bias rode him home and he didnt really gallop out all that great, similar gallop out to last time, this is not a horse i'd be looking to bet back and probably one i'd look to bet against at a short priced on a dry track.

I wouldnt say he 'moved up' this horse off TAP, it was more like an ideal situation played out for him, a situation not likely to play out next time.

fiveouttasix
02-11-2013, 07:31 AM
Rudy added Blinkers

Cholly
02-11-2013, 08:35 AM
Rudy added Blinkers
and got eight pounds off of him.

LAP_520
02-11-2013, 11:53 AM
On the NYRA Talking Horses pre race show for Sunday 2/10/13 Maggie picked Colizeo on top. (6-3-5-2)

Andy Serling committed negatively on Colizeo and picked (5-3-4-2).

I should of caught onto that, because Andy does not usually put the ML favorite on top in his selections.... but in this race his top two picks were 1st and 2nd ML favs.

Makes you wonder if Maggie knew how the horse was going to race with blinkers added.....5 pounds less in a Mile 70 yards race was a plus also.

But that is why they race..... anything can happen.

andtheyreoff
02-11-2013, 12:28 PM
Once the other Ortiz stiffed the favorite (returning the favor from Race 2)

Seriously?

tzipi
02-11-2013, 12:56 PM
I didn't really think the blinkers would matter as he's been solid speed before but I guess the few pounds off did the trick.

Robert Fischer
02-11-2013, 01:18 PM
Seriously?

Yesterday was the new moon. :eek:

Totally expected for folks to talk recklessly.

Moon phase on Sunday 10 February 2013 is New Moon. Moon is in zodiac sign Aquarius.
Other than reckless slander, a new moon is a new cycle, thus many will complain about the systems they work with, and if these systems were only "fair", how successful they would then be. This has to do with the the new moon, and showing Uranus.

LLHorses
02-11-2013, 01:32 PM
Yea, it was the blinkers, the lower weight, and the tender loving care :D :D :D

:rolleyes:

http://www.drf.com/news/suspicions-follow-rodriguezs-success-trainer

Don't worry, they will find out what he's using some day. It took them many years to develop a test that picked up Dermorphin (frog juice). Wonder how much unsuspecting bettors lost because of that drug? Probably tens of millions.

Ever wonder why in Hong Kong they test every horse before the race and the first 3 finishers and the favorite after the race? Because without those tests corruption would be running rampant just like it's doing here.

Stillriledup
02-11-2013, 04:38 PM
Seriously?

Im guessing you disagree?

Stillriledup
02-11-2013, 04:40 PM
Yesterday was the new moon. :eek:

Totally expected for folks to talk recklessly.

Moon phase on Sunday 10 February 2013 is New Moon. Moon is in zodiac sign Aquarius.
Other than reckless slander, a new moon is a new cycle, thus many will complain about the systems they work with, and if these systems were only "fair", how successful they would then be. This has to do with the the new moon, and showing Uranus.

Doesnt seem like you have an opinion either....but, that's what folks do when they don't really know the horses, do the work, watch the races or watch the replays. Seems like you don't have an actual horse racing opinion...now the Zodiac, that's another story. :D

andtheyreoff
02-11-2013, 04:56 PM
Im guessing you disagree?

Do you really think a jockey would pass up a shot at a $4,140 check (the jockey's share of the winning purse for that race) as a favor to his brother? Get real.

turninforhome10
02-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Colizeo had not run a two turn race against allowance types since ?. Last out carries 121 against fit foes and gets tired in his first two turn race since Aug at MNR. Yesterday he carries 113 against true allowance types and wins easy. If you might get your head out of the conspiracy closet for a moment you might have the foresight to think the Rudy made a great claim and ran the horse where he belonged and got to carry bug weight. Your claim of foul play has absolutely no merit IMHO. Do you understand racing with conditions before making such a claim? The horse was worth the 25k last out as now Rudy is out on the horse and can run him where he pleases. Try again for a conspiracy as anyone who can read a condition book would have realized this was a good bet as well as a very good claim. 25k last out and nets 34.k less than two months later. Why don't you just gamble on the fact that Rudy can make a horse that is running in the same condition after 5 weeks can get the horse fit in the morning.
If you want to see what Dupont poster horses look like play Parx.

Stillriledup
02-11-2013, 05:00 PM
Do you really think a jockey would pass up a shot at a $4,140 check (the jockey's share of the winning purse for that race) as a favor to his brother? Get real.

I'm guessing you didnt handicap or watch the races in question, right?

Robert Fischer
02-11-2013, 06:34 PM
Doesnt seem like you have an opinion either....

This is basic handicapping.

Colizeo faced a much stronger field last time.

That was the race where Gallant Fields was the best horse and you got 7-2 for him.

Big Business was a popular favorite, who was better than anything in Sunday's race and also ran pretty well.

Both of those horses on that day were above anything else in this field.

On that day Colizeo made a middle move and went wide and was only beaten by All of The Above by a nose. On that day Colizeo carried 121lbs and All of The Above carried 116lbs.

6 weeks later.... (Sunday 2/10) You have a Colizeo come back. He's been geared toward an Aqueduct 1m70 yards for 41 days. (meaning he's been geared to try to wire a field). He's the only E type in the race. This time he has 5lbs less than all others, and 8lbs less than the previous race. The field is also a SIGNIFICANT class drop. There is no Big Business and no Gallant fields.
He is 2nd choice in the betting. The favorite is a claiming 30k horse that people are hoping Linda Rice improves off of Rick Violette.

tzipi
02-11-2013, 06:44 PM

6 weeks later.... (Sunday 2/10) You have a Colizeo come back. He's been geared toward an Aqueduct 1m70 yards for 41 days. (meaning he's been geared to try to wire a field). He's the only E type in the race. This time he has 5lbs less than all others, and 8lbs less than the previous race. The field is also a SIGNIFICANT class drop. There is no Big Business and no Gallant fields.
He is 2nd choice in the betting. The favorite is a claiming 30k horse that people are hoping Linda Rice improves off of Rick Violette.

Nicely put. Blinkers I didn't care about as he has clear speed anyway but I really should've put more stock into the weight changes from previous races and competition on those days. Oh well, win some, lose some.

Stillriledup
02-11-2013, 06:50 PM

Colizeo faced a much stronger field last time.

That was the race where Gallant Fields was the best horse and you got 7-2 for him.

Big Business was a popular favorite, who was better than anything in Sunday's race and also ran pretty well.

Both of those horses on that day were above anything else in this field.

On that day Colizeo made a middle move and went wide and was only beaten by All of The Above by a nose. On that day Colizeo carried 121lbs and All of The Above carried 116lbs.

You see, this is more like it!

Robert Fischer
02-11-2013, 07:17 PM
Nicely put. Blinkers I didn't care about as he has clear speed anyway but I really should've put more stock into the weight changes from previous races and competition on those days. Oh well, win some, lose some.

It's a lot easier to see things in hindsight.

I missed this one Sunday. I looked it over, missed the Gallant Fields/Big Business line, and passed the race. It should have been clear that he was one of the top 3. The Chad Brown horse Crushing was somewhat obvious as an underlay, so that would leave 5 and 6, and deciding if the price was good enough to assume Colizeo would get the lead.

Not a super easy race by any means, but it made some sense and wasn't really as much of a "move-up" as it may have appeared.

Stillriledup
02-11-2013, 07:43 PM
It's a lot easier to see things in hindsight.

I missed this one Sunday. I looked it over, missed the Gallant Fields/Big Business line, and passed the race. It should have been clear that he was one of the top 3. The Chad Brown horse Crushing was somewhat obvious as an underlay, so that would leave 5 and 6, and deciding if the price was good enough to assume Colizeo would get the lead.

Not a super easy race by any means, but it made some sense and wasn't really as much of a "move-up" as it may have appeared.

It helped that the 5 horse, who broke well and running, was immediately strangled back even though the early races suggested that if you werent on the lead, you had no chance.

PaceAdvantage
02-12-2013, 12:29 PM
Shouldn't guys who "know it all" be making serious BANK on their opinions rather than complaining about what they think is reality here on a message board?

It's funny how a guy can KNOW someone is cheating, but doesn't KNOW how to profit from such "knowledge"

Then when questioned, he'll make it seem like YOU'RE the idiot for daring to challenge his notions...

cj
02-12-2013, 12:39 PM
It helped that the 5 horse, who broke well and running, was immediately strangled back even though the early races suggested that if you werent on the lead, you had no chance.

That seems to be an epidemic at Aqueduct these days. They are all trying to be Ramon. I wouldn't say it means the fix was in by any stretch.

tzipi
02-12-2013, 03:06 PM
That seems to be an epidemic at Aqueduct these days. They are all trying to be Ramon. I wouldn't say it means the fix was in by any stretch.

No one does it like Ramon does. The master at it. Miss him at Aqueduct.

Stillriledup
02-12-2013, 03:06 PM

It seems to be a competition among the Ortiz's (who seem to be riding contenders in every race) to not get in the other one's way, even if it means choking a favorite back to last on a track that's obviously speed biased. I dont know whether its a fix or just poor judgment of track conditions and pace, but its my duty to make a note of it and see if i can somehow profit from it in the future. As long as i do my work and really pay attention, stuff like this can hopefully be my friend somewhere down the line.

Robert Fischer
02-12-2013, 03:44 PM
Once the other Ortiz stiffed the favorite (returning the favor from Race 2) this became a weak race.

It seems to be a competition among the Ortiz's (who seem to be riding contenders in every race) to not get in the other one's way, even if it means choking a favorite back to last on a track that's obviously speed biased.

Wait, are you saying the Ortiz brothers are collaborating to fix races ?

These are extremely serious things to be posting on a public internet forum.

Stillriledup
02-12-2013, 04:55 PM
Wait, are you saying the Ortiz brothers are collaborating to fix races ?

These are extremely serious things to be posting on a public internet forum.

No, that's not what i'm saying. I was just commenting on the race riding strategy in a couple of particular races. I didnt agree with the strategy of a couple of the rides, but that doesnt mean i think these boys are fixing races.

castaway01
02-12-2013, 07:08 PM
No, that's not what i'm saying. I was just commenting on the race riding strategy in a couple of particular races. I didnt agree with the strategy of a couple of the rides, but that doesnt mean i think these boys are fixing races.

You said Ortiz stiffed the favorite to "pay back" his brother. It's right in this thread. So, yes, you did write that you thought they were fixing races. Unless you're going to debate the definition of "stiffed" vs. "fixed", which you probably will.

Very serious allegation to make in a public forum when you have no proof.

johnhannibalsmith
02-12-2013, 07:29 PM
... Unless you're going to debate the definition of "stiffed" vs. "fixed", which you probably will.

Unfortunately, he'll have a hard time doing that based on his past extremely loose definitions of "race fixing" when applied to Dutrow and others with medication violations.

Stillriledup
02-12-2013, 07:32 PM
You said Ortiz stiffed the favorite to "pay back" his brother. It's right in this thread. So, yes, you did write that you thought they were fixing races. Unless you're going to debate the definition of "stiffed" vs. "fixed", which you probably will.

Very serious allegation to make in a public forum when you have no proof.

Stiffed has nothing to do with race fixing. Its a term used to describe a strategy that was employed during a ride.

I'm only commenting on the rides that i see on video, its on video for all to see, all you have to do is look.