PDA

View Full Version : pool sizes AQU today 2/10

MightBeSosa
02-10-2013, 12:49 PM
Seeing very small pools first two races.

huh?

something broken somewhere

cj
02-10-2013, 01:02 PM
Seeing very small pools first two races.

huh?

something broken somewhere

Ummm...blizzard.

MightBeSosa
02-10-2013, 01:08 PM
Ummm...blizzard.

um , since 90% of the money is bet off track, um, irrelevant?

you think the whales got beached by the storm?

doubt it

OTM Al
02-10-2013, 01:31 PM

doubt it

Completely relevant. Many people probably weren't sure if it would be open today so didn't bother. Fields fairly small on first half of the card.

ArlJim78
02-10-2013, 01:47 PM
It might be a broken record.

MightBeSosa
02-10-2013, 01:48 PM
6 mtp 16k in the exacta pool, now thats sad

Money is showing very late, maybe the west coast is waking up

OTM Al
02-10-2013, 01:58 PM
I can think of something more sad.

Stillriledup
02-10-2013, 04:39 PM
Completely relevant. Many people probably weren't sure if it would be open today so didn't bother. Fields fairly small on first half of the card.

If Big A knew they were going to open on Sunday, they needed to shout this from the mountaintops the night before.....that way, people can actually handicap the races (novel concept) but if you dont know 'for sure' they would run, how hard can you work?

I actually worked on the races because the weather looked favorable, but knowing them, i still wasnt 100 pct sure they would bother opening. Kudos to them for actually running.

MightBeSosa
02-10-2013, 05:14 PM
pools seemed to normalize as the day went on. Seriously, do folks need a 5 hour head start to handicap the races?

didn't realize ya'll needed to do so much homework in order to come up with that 6/5 shot.

Stillriledup
02-10-2013, 06:21 PM
pools seemed to normalize as the day went on. Seriously, do folks need a 5 hour head start to handicap the races?

didn't realize ya'll needed to do so much homework in order to come up with that 6/5 shot.

You dont have to do ANY homework to bet the fave, just wait till they're loading the gate, see who is the fave and then make a bet. Not that hard. :D

cj
02-10-2013, 06:27 PM

doubt it

I don't know what is going on in NY, but I'm sure a lot of the money is bet in state even if off track. I imagine a lot of people had more important things to do than bet on a hum drum Sunday card.

johnhannibalsmith
02-10-2013, 06:28 PM
If Big A knew they were going to open on Sunday, they needed to shout this from the mountaintops the night before.........

Right, that way when everything didn't go according to plan and the meteorological fortune tellers made one of those oh-so rare mistakes and they actually had to cancel for one reason or another...

...then you could come in here and scream from the mountaintops about some conspiracy with Steve J. H. Crist to con you out of paper, ink, and whatever else major investment you made that is depleting your ROI. :D

tzipi
02-10-2013, 06:50 PM
The 2nd and 3rd races were not the best betting races on paper so people probably picked their spots elsewhere. Probably why it was small. But the besides the 2nd and 3rd, I think NYRA's card was solid.
Listen NYRA would love to have 8-10 horses a race but they are getting restricted by their drug restrictions and lack of shippers, winter,etc. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Stillriledup
02-10-2013, 06:52 PM
Right, that way when everything didn't go according to plan and the meteorological fortune tellers made one of those oh-so rare mistakes and they actually had to cancel for one reason or another...

...then you could come in here and scream from the mountaintops about some conspiracy with Steve J. H. Crist to con you out of paper, ink, and whatever else major investment you made that is depleting your ROI. :D

What could happen, the weather forecast said sunny, they could say "if its sunny and the forecast at weather dot com is correct, we race"

:D