PDA

View Full Version : Gulfstream 2/9 Selections

letswastemoney
02-09-2013, 03:29 AM
Race 5

Little Distorted is not the same horse. I trust Pletcher at Gulfstream with Park City, despite the layoff. Titletown Five was in the field for his debut win if my memory is correct.

Selection: #4 Park City (3/1)

Also Consider: #1 Almost English (6/1)

Race 6

The post position for Freedom Child concerns me enough that I'm actually going to avoid this race, but if I had to bet I would bet the horse that defeated Revolutionary.

First time lasix for Scipio.

Selection: #9 Freedom Child (8/1)

Also Consider: #6 Scipio (10/1)

Race 7

Race is tough. Play It Loud has a chance at a bright future.

Selection: #4 Play It Loud (4/1)

Also Consider: #5 Jack Milton (3/1), #2 Pyrite Mountain (6/1)

Race 8

Normally class wins these types of turf races. There are 3 different Grade 1 winners here. One of them will win.

Selection: #6 Animal Kingdom (8/5)

Also Consider: #4 Unbridled Command (15/1), #2 Point of Entry (9/5)

Race 9

I don't have a good opinion here, although the pace could be fast. I'm hoping Bahamian Squall will sit right off the pace.

Selection: #6 Bahamian Squall (3/1)

Race 10

Romacaca holds the early pace advantage. It will not surprise me if she folds either.

Selection: #6 Romacaca (6/1)

Also Consider: #8 Abaco (8/1), #2 Leading Astray (4/1)

Race 11

I don't like how everyone is picking Bourbon Courage, but I can't knock the fact he has the most upside. The other closers have likely hit their peaks except Fast Falcon, and I refuse to consider Fast Falcon based on the fact that he did not make a dent in the Clark while Bourbon Courage still closed into a soft pace.

Selection: #1 Bourbon Courage (8/1)

Also Consider: #2 Flat Out (3/1), #9 Pool Play (10/1)

Race 12

Lezcano riding on turf and Lemon Drop Kid as the sire are good enough reasons for me to choose Kid Lightning.

Selection: #2 Kid Lightning (5/1)

sammy the sage
02-09-2013, 10:22 AM
in the 6th...

1 Saint Vigeur ML: 6-1 J. Castellano C. Brown 1st Blk-On L

ps...nice write-up by o.p.

porkchop
02-09-2013, 12:08 PM
RACE 7 #5 WP

RACE 8 #2 WP

RACE 11 #2 WP

GLTA

letswastemoney
02-09-2013, 10:01 PM
in the 6th...

1 Saint Vigeur ML: 6-1 J. Castellano C. Brown 1st Blk-On L

ps...nice write-up by o.p.
I wish I could have been more help!

I bet Park City to win and basically put everything on Bourbon Courage, both to win and a Bourbon Courage/Kid Lightning double.

When I saw Bourbon Courage range up on the outside turning for home, I was almost dancing. Graydar really surprised me.

***nice pick in the 6th by the way