PDA

View Full Version : Looking for application to read totes at Amwager and or PTC

Pensacola Pete
02-07-2013, 02:17 PM
I'm looking for an application/program to read the tote boards at either Amwager or PTC. They must fetch thoroughbred, harness, and greyhound. ATR Pro won't work, because Racing Channel doesn't have all of the tracks I play.

DeltaLover
02-07-2013, 02:31 PM
I'm looking for an application/program to read the tote boards at either Amwager or PTC. They must fetch thoroughbred, harness, and greyhound. ATR Pro won't work, because Racing Channel doesn't have all of the tracks I play.

What exactly are Amwager , PTC and ATR Pro?

Pensacola Pete
02-09-2013, 02:48 PM
What exactly are Amwager , PTC and ATR Pro?

The first two are ADWs. The last is a tote-board reader.

Greybase
02-17-2013, 05:38 PM
I'm also interested in this.. like any software projects, one must justify the time and expense of development. I have written a bunch of auto download utility programs for racing data, going back 10+ years. Mostly greyhound stuff. Currently I also use Racing Channel but, like you say, there are issues with reliability and available tracks.

These days websites like Twinspires, Amwest and others, are buried in Flash and/or Ajax, and tons of back end scripting. It's a LOT more work to dig out the data, compared to a simple page like Racing Channel. I've also heard complaints about ATR Pro.. If anyone has any ideas or proposals on a source for Tote information, please post or send a PM!

Ray2000
02-18-2013, 07:25 AM
I posted this Spreadsheet Win Place Exacta extractor in the Harness Forum a little while back. Might give you some ideas on developing your own.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96664

reply 77 on page 6 is the latest version

Dave Schwartz
02-18-2013, 10:31 AM
Ray,

That is a beautiful piece of work.

I did not actually try it but it certainly appears to be very well done.

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Ray2000
02-18-2013, 07:37 PM
Thanks Dave

The best use I get from it is from watching the Exacta Probables/Overlays on my picks to see if Straight Exacta or Key Boxing or 3 boxing seems the 'better' way to go. :)

Pensacola Pete
02-22-2013, 01:59 AM
I hope this isn't against the rules.

I'm looking for a programmer to create a program (Excel is fine) that will read the greyhound WPS pools from Amwager or PTC. Either ADW is fine, although AmWager is preferred, as I give it more action.

The program needs to be able to run in the background if needed and cycle the greyhound WPS pools. It needs to display these pools and the win odds when examined. No history files need to be kept; the current pool for each track is fine.

The program also needs to do two alerts/alarms. The alerts can be by sound, highlighting, popup, or whatever else:

1) Alert when the win pool exceeds a certain, user-defined level (i.e. $1000, greyhound WPS pools are small). Only one variable is needed to serve all tracks; I don't need separate ones for each track.

2) Alert if any entry/dog has higher than a user-defined percentage of any (W P or S )pool (i.e. 90%). One variable will serve all tracks.

If anybody is interested, please send me a PM with price and other details. Thanks.

Pensacola Pete
02-23-2013, 02:25 PM
Low bid so far is $1,000. Anybody else interested?

Pensacola Pete
02-23-2013, 10:59 PM
A relative said that he would do it for me. Thanks anyway.