He makes way too much sense .......

http://shar.es/YoRMt

ELDHaeEsNF0

Jay Trotter
02-07-2013, 06:32 PM
He's a goof!

TJDave
02-07-2013, 06:59 PM
Interesting argument considering he isn't.

So it's OK to mess with women's plumbing but not his?

Right. :rolleyes:

JustRalph
02-07-2013, 07:14 PM
I thought he was using the absurd to deftly illustrate his point. I'm not a Rand fan, but I love how he went about this rant.

Greyfox
02-07-2013, 08:00 PM
His points are very valid.

The new light bulbs are going to be more hazardous than the filament bulbs I've got.
High levels of mercury in compact fluorescent lighting make them difficult to dispose of. Recyle them? Forget it. Nothing is set up for that.

TJDave
02-07-2013, 08:00 PM
Certainly not, deftly. :lol:

If you're going to argue the case against government intrusion then you should, at least, be consistent.

ArlJim78
02-07-2013, 08:16 PM
Interesting argument considering he isn't.

So it's OK to mess with women's plumbing but not his?

Right. :rolleyes:
what on earth are you referring to?

TJDave
02-07-2013, 08:19 PM
what on earth are you referring to?

Did you listen to the clip...where he talks about his toilets not working?

ArlJim78
02-07-2013, 08:28 PM
Did you listen to the clip...where he talks about his toilets not working?
yes I heard him but "WOMENS plumbing"? I didn't hear that.
are you talking about the abortion comment?

Valuist
02-08-2013, 02:17 PM
Ms. Hogan got posterized.

Robert Goren
02-08-2013, 03:02 PM
They all believe the government has the right to intrude into people's lives. The just disagree on what part of your life they want to stick their nose in.

Steve R
02-08-2013, 03:57 PM
Mr. Paul is the epitome of the brain dead politician. By suggesting any connection between one's views on the issue of reproductive rights with the health and safety issues of consumer products he exposes his limited ability for rational thought. I never cease to be amazed at how people this stupid can achieve public prominence, or are his constituents actually stupider than he is?

PaceAdvantage
02-08-2013, 08:30 PM
Mr. Paul is the epitome of the brain dead politician. By suggesting any connection between one's views on the issue of reproductive rights with the health and safety issues of consumer products he exposes his limited ability for rational thought. I never cease to be amazed at how people this stupid can achieve public prominence, or are his constituents actually stupider than he is?Who was talking about the health and safety issues of consumer products?

Good thing you never cease to be amazed...

Robert Goren
02-08-2013, 10:31 PM
Who was talking about the health and safety issues of consumer products?

Good thing you never cease to be amazed...I am glad you know what he was or wasn't talking about. He sounded like a drunken college student stuck in the dorms without a date on a Saturday night at about 3:30 AM to me. Just Ralph was right when he called it a rant in the title of the thread.

johnhannibalsmith
02-08-2013, 10:49 PM
You really can't understand the point? Really? I'll agree with the poster that finds it a little disingenuous from a guy that isn't just opposed to federal funding for abortion, but also supports legislation that would grant "personhood status" to a fetus at the moment of conception effectively doing an end-run around the Supreme Court through legislation. But to not understand the point of his illustration - hypocritical as it may or may not be be - that people seem to be wildly selective and erratic in determining when the government is allowed to suspend people's ability to make basic choices for themselves is an intriguing indictment.

PaceAdvantage
02-09-2013, 07:36 PM
I am glad you know what he was or wasn't talking about. He sounded like a drunken college student stuck in the dorms without a date on a Saturday night at about 3:30 AM to me.I can assure you dateless, drunken college kids don't talk about such things at such ungodly hours.

Robert Goren
02-09-2013, 08:18 PM
I can assure you dateless, drunken college kids don't talk about such things at such ungodly hours.As a college student, I spent a lot of dateless saturday nights with a fifth of Seagram 7 discussing a lot of things including the limits of governments at 3:30 AM in the 1960s. And a lot of Sunday morning puking my guts out. Maybe they don't now, but I suspect they do. Or maybe you had more dates than I had in college. In fact , saddly, that is almost a sure thing.

Steve R
02-10-2013, 11:31 AM
Who was talking about the health and safety issues of consumer products?

Good thing you never cease to be amazed...
Making any connection at all between being pro-choice for abortion and anti-choice for selected consumer products (such as light bulbs) is, simply, dumb. Perhaps I should have said health, safety and other consumer product-related issues. By any rational standard, suggesting a conflict between being pro-choice on abortion but wanting to replace light bulbs with superior technology is the height of stupidity.

vegasone
02-10-2013, 01:43 PM
Perhaps if one used a little brain power and figured out the topic was about choice in general and not really about the specifics it would make more sense. Of course that is really asking a lot

Problem is as previously mentioned both sides want to limit different choices depending on their beliefs. It is about control and not about freedom to make ones own choice about things.

JustRalph
02-10-2013, 06:09 PM
Perhaps if one used a little brain power and figured out the topic was about choice in general and not really about the specifics it would make more sense. Of course that is really asking a lot

Problem is as previously mentioned both sides want to limit different choices depending on their beliefs. It is about control and not about freedom to make ones own choice about things.

Ding ding!!!