02-03-2013, 07:09 PM
Early money Aqu, 5, 2/3/2013

Number 4:
50-1, ML
16-1, 10 MTP
$116.50 Winner

Stillriledup
02-03-2013, 07:23 PM
You're not allowed to remind me about this race ever again, i had a large Tri partwheel "almost all, with almost all, with 1 6" yep, you guessed who i tossed.

PICSIX
02-03-2013, 08:53 PM
Early money Aqu, 5, 2/3/2013

Number 4:
50-1, ML
16-1, 10 MTP
$116.50 Winner

Wish you would have posted this at 10 MTP.

MightBeSosa
02-03-2013, 11:00 PM
I tabbed this race a pure chaos, but was more focused on the #1 and ultimately did nothing (passed) in the race. tri and super haveable but only on a big spread ticket and maybe you dont put the winner on top even then.

PS If you believe this nonsense about early money, I have a bridge to sell you and it aint the Verrazano (https://www.google.com/search?num=50&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=Wvt&tbo=d&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&spell=1&q=Verrazano&sa=X&ei=OTIPUY6OIsuw0AHE1IHQCg&ved=0CDIQvwUoAA).

If you played every horse that fit that pattern , you'd be broke in a week.
Something Tape Reader doesn't mention.

MightBeSosa
02-03-2013, 11:08 PM
You're not allowed to remind me about this race ever again, i had a large Tri partwheel "almost all, with almost all, with 1 6" yep, you guessed who i tossed.

I feel your pain. The faves all had holes in them 5 miles wide. I thought the 8 looked positively hideous in the paddock. Ran 4th.

You really dont get paid for tossing 50-1 shots. You save a little money most of the time , and when they run you blow thousands. If you think the race is chaos, then you probably shouldn't get cute.

Here's something of interest, someone punched BIG doubles (talking at least $200 each) with the fave in the next race (who did win) using the 1,4,6, trying to catch lightning. Don't know if they played triples, but they did NOT do any exacta betting that could be seen.

And if you still want to believe in early $, that winner was only 9-1 early, they musta scored huge!

Stillriledup
02-04-2013, 12:00 AM
I feel your pain. The faves all had holes in them 5 miles wide. I thought the 8 looked positively hideous in the paddock. Ran 4th.

You really dont get paid for tossing 50-1 shots. You save a little money most of the time , and when they run you blow thousands. If you think the race is chaos, then you probably shouldn't get cute.

Here's something of interest, someone punched BIG doubles (talking at least $200 each) with the fave in the next race (who did win) using the 1,4,6, trying to catch lightning. Don't know if they played triples, but they did NOT do any exacta betting that could be seen.

And if you still want to believe in early $, that winner was only 9-1 early, they musta scored huge!

Thanks.

I felt so stupid because looking back at the winner, the horse was usable..i might have done the 'quick once over' and saw the jock (who cant ride) and the ML at 50-1 and i was like "ok let me save money". And, get this, i had bets with the 2 in them and when the horse got scratched, i could have added the winner for the same amount. I saw this developing down the lane and i was like NO NO NO!

You're totally right about blowing thousands, this happened to me a couple years ago at Hollywood when Joe Steiner brought in a 60-1 shot and i had thrown him out and had all the other bombs in the right spots, if i just had gone all i would have been in clover.

Lesson is if you're going to toss out 1 or 2 runners instead of going ALL you gotta really make sure those horses can't run a step. These days at Aqu, the non all button has really destroyed me recently. I missed 2 pick 6s while going 5 of 6 and missed in the race i went 7 deep in. My singles all won, my 2 and 3 packs all won and the 7 deep beat me, both times.

Hopefully i'll learn before i'm out of money!