PDA

View Full Version : Panetta Admits

fast4522
02-03-2013, 01:15 PM
Well well, everyone suspected as much.

Defense Secretary Panetta Admits Information from Waterboarding Led US to Bin Laden (Video)

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/02/secretary-of-defense-panetta-admits-information-from-waterboarding-led-us-to-bin-laden-video/

Tom
02-03-2013, 04:58 PM
An inconvenient truth.
For the left.

mostpost
02-03-2013, 06:43 PM
Well well, everyone suspected as much.

Defense Secretary Panetta Admits Information from Waterboarding Led US to Bin Laden (Video)

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/02/secretary-of-defense-panetta-admits-information-from-waterboarding-led-us-to-bin-laden-video/
It would be so nice if you would learn how to read and interpret what you read.

Here is Panetta's statement.

“The real story was that in order to put the puzzle of intelligence together that led us to Bin Laden, there were a lot of pieces out there that were a part of that puzzle. Yes, some of it came from some of the tactics that were used at that time, interrogation tactics that were used. But the fact is we put together most of that intelligence without having to resort to that.”

The sentence that should be in bold is the last sentence.
"But the fact is we put together most of that intelligence without having to resort to that.” That is the important thing. That we did not need to torture to gain the information. There is a difference between saying that some information was gained through torture and saying that torture was the only way to gain that information. Panetta is clearly saying that.

But the question is why are you guys so in favor of torture? Is it to obtain information or is it to punish your enemy. There seems to be more than a small element of revenge here.

Tom
02-03-2013, 06:52 PM
It was water boarding that led to the guy who led them to Bin Laden.

magwell
02-03-2013, 07:11 PM
It was water boarding that led to the guy who led them to Bin Laden. Most but not all people will only talk if you torture them.....sad but true.....

Tom
02-03-2013, 07:15 PM
Hard to call water boarding torture. Maybe a rough shower.

Acetylene torch to the bottoms of the feet, boiling water enema......snip off the eye lids.....that is torture.

magwell
02-03-2013, 07:47 PM
Hard to call water boarding torture. Maybe a rough shower.

Acetylene torch to the bottoms of the feet, boiling water enema......snip off the eye lids.....that is torture. A rough shower.... that's way funny. I guess that depends if your taken it or giving it......:)

mostpost
02-03-2013, 08:07 PM
It was water boarding that led to the guy who led them to Bin Laden.
Here's a guy who disagrees with you. Vehemently.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/waterboarding-provide-tip-led-bin-laden/story?id=13616668

Show Me the Wire
02-03-2013, 08:23 PM
Mostie,

Most does not mean all. Neither does it mean vital, important, or essential.

Robert Goren
02-03-2013, 08:37 PM
The first time that any of the conservatives who post here haved believed anything came out of Obama official has said and then they get wrong. :rolleyes:

mostpost
02-03-2013, 09:51 PM
5-14-2009 I posted this.
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57737&page=3&pp=15&highlight=Soufan

It was the testimony of FBI interrogator Ali Soufan. Mr. Soufan basically testified that he obtained valuable information using standard interrogation techniques.
Several times he was replaced by CIA interrogators who used waterboarding and other enhanced interrogation techniques without success. When the detainees were returned to Ali Soufan, they once again provided valuable information.

Post # 44 in the thread. Unfortunately the link to the testimony on CSpan is no longer live.

JustRalph
02-03-2013, 11:05 PM
I look at it this way

If I could ask those guys and gals that had to jump from the Trade Center to avoid the jet fuel inferno whether they think we should use water boarding or not. I am confident in their answer

So I could give a shit what anybody else thinks

elysiantraveller
02-03-2013, 11:17 PM
I look at it this way

If I could ask those guys and gals that had to jump from the Trade Center to avoid the jet fuel inferno whether they think we should use water boarding or not. I am confident in their answer

:ThmbUp:

That's how I see it too...

Robert Goren
02-04-2013, 12:41 AM
I look at it this way

So I could give a shit what anybody else thinksHow many bad leads did it get and how many American soldiers died from those bad leads. Answers we will never know.

riskman
02-04-2013, 01:52 AM
I look at it this way

This is what Mosty said"But the question is why are you guys so in favor of torture? Is it to obtain information or is it to punish your enemy. There seems to be more than a small element of revenge here."

We certainly are a revengeful lot aren't we? It is just everyday that planes are hijacked ,crew and passengers killed and the Twin Towers a symbol of the of economic strength in the U.S. is wiped off the face of the earth together with many of its tenants of every type of race and economic status. In addition, emergency responders, police, firemen and innocents of all walks in life fell victim to despicable acts committed by these radical extremists. They are comparable to sewer rats and need to be treated like same, not in any humane method such as rehabilitation, reeducation or incarceration.The Death Penalty is the only permanent solution for these despots.

Tom
02-04-2013, 07:38 AM
This is what Mosty said"But the question is why are you guys so in favor of torture? Is it to obtain information or is it to punish your enemy. There seems to be more than a small element of revenge here."

Fair question. Both.
But a good policy to have on terror - let the bad guys know that we will treat them like turds and have no respect whatsoever for them as humans beings.
That is the message I want to send out.