02-02-2013, 09:45 PM
Hello All! For Super Bowl Sunday, here are the tracks and races on Slew's mind:

Aqueduct - 8
Gulfstream - 4,5,6,7,8,10,11
Santa Anita - 1,4,6,7
Tampa - 3,6,7,9
Parx - 2,8
Oaklawn - 3

Revolutionary. I don't know what you thought of his win today, but you most likely didn't like it if you had someone else. He certainly did not look like a 3 year old with only 4 races under his belt, and this is exactly the kind of race that pundits talk about when they describe that "learning process" of overcoming difficult situations and dealing with adversity. Not the least of which was a pace that continued to slow down in front of him. He navigated a field that backed up to a 25.53 final quarter and 6.31 final 16th, split horses in deep stretch with his neck forward and lead reaching out in full flight to the wire.

Certainly looked like the kind of run that gets you there in the Derby.

And paid $30.00 to win...if you paid close attention to Slew's single in that race, Escapefromreality. We were not kidding with that one.

We do have a key horse for Sunday as well:

Let It Rock - TAM ( 7) TAM 12/08/12 # 7

This 8 year old bay gelding by Trippi had a very nice run at the beginning of 2012, winning 2 of 3 in a starter handicap series, for which trainer Chad Stewart had him ready. He made the key horse list off of his win in December and while his next start was a "no factor" run, he is in for the claim in Sunday's Alw Optional Claimer where his 7 wins is out of the race condition. With the last race being nothing more than a workout, can he bounce back and be competitive here? Take a close look at the post parade and decide for yourself. For me, I bank today's win in race 9 at Aqueduct, hope that the Super Bowl game is as good as it should be, and pray that Punxsutawney Phil was correct!

So enjoy the Sunday racing. And as always...good luck and good 'capping!