PDA

View Full Version : Taxes and Tyranny. Americans no more

JustRalph
02-02-2013, 01:30 AM
7 fold increase since 2007

I wonder what happen in 2008?

http://world.time.com/2013/01/31/mister-taxman-why-some-americans-working-abroad-are-ditching-their-citizenships/

Shameful treatment by the US government

“FATCA is the straw that broke the camel’s back,” says Jackie Bugnon, director of American Citizens Abroad (ACA), a Geneva-based expatriate advocacy group. Because this legislation forces local banks to invest in expensive new infrastructure in order to comply with the IRS rules, “access to foreign financial institutions is being shut off and Americans abroad are treated like criminals,” she adds.

Switzerland-based Amy Webster experienced the bias firsthand when she and her Swiss husband encountered difficulties getting a mortgage because of her U.S. citizenship. “This was infuriating and humiliating,” she says. “These unfair regulations imposed by the U.S. government are having adverse effects on the lives and well-being of U.S. citizens living in this country.”

Read more: http://world.time.com/2013/01/31/mister-taxman-why-some-americans-working-abroad-are-ditching-their-citizenships/#ixzz2JikXb4MY

TJDave
02-02-2013, 03:04 AM
Poor Tina... Worth a 1/4 BILLION and having a rough time of it. My heart bleeds for the bitch.

JustRalph
02-02-2013, 03:34 AM
Poor Tina... Worth a 1/4 BILLION and having a rough time of it. My heart bleeds for the bitch.

I think the article has very little to do with Tina, per se.

DJofSD
02-02-2013, 10:08 AM
Yup, class envy trumps principles every time.

DJofSD
02-02-2013, 10:21 AM
I think the article has very little to do with Tina, per se.
I was some what shocked when yesterday an acquaintance revealed plans revolving around a moved to Malaysia. If his employer wins a long term contract, he'd move there and would never return to the US. Money and taxes were central to his situation. And, this guy is middle class.

TJDave
02-02-2013, 02:18 PM
Yup, class envy trumps principles every time.

I believe in the Commodore Stephen Decatur/Senator Carl Schurz principle.

Those who renounce citizenship for financial gain are the lowest of the low. IMO, PIGS.

Tom
02-02-2013, 04:53 PM
When the president of your country constantly attacks you and tries to divide others against you, why not change affiliation? What do they owe a nation that shows no allegiance to them?

Are all of the illegals crossing the border to come here to make more money pigs, too?

How about the Italian and the Chinese immigrants who came here and helped built this country? Pigs?

Obama is calling for easier immigration.......a Pig?