PDA

View Full Version : 49ers hanging out at the strip club.

Stillriledup
02-01-2013, 04:56 PM
I dont understand, your teammates, who are NOT at the strip club and who are in bed or in their rooms studying playbooks or videos are counting on you to take this seriously. There's plenty of time to go to strip clubs when the season is over. I guess maybe i'll never understand.

TJDave
02-01-2013, 05:38 PM
Why take it seriously?

Last time I checked it was a football game.

sandpit
02-01-2013, 05:41 PM
Just like the little girl says to Aaron Rogers after he tells the class he plays football: "That's not a job."

Stillriledup
02-01-2013, 06:44 PM
Why take it seriously?

Last time I checked it was a football game.

Marshall Faulk is still calling out New England's cheating in their Super Bowl a decade ago, its still hurting him and on his mind...this is life for these guys, its deadly serious.

Also, the players who are goofing off sticking 10s in strippers G strings shouldnt be deciding for other players on the team how serious they take this.

This is like telling a pro horse bettor who just got nosed for a million dollar pick 6 "dont worry about it, its not serious, its just betting".

OTM Al
02-01-2013, 09:10 PM
Today is Friday. The game is Sunday. As long as they aren't at it tomorrow night, who really cares?

burnsy
02-03-2013, 06:30 AM
this is hilarious...they've been dogged all week by the media, practicing and the stress of the game. but they are supposed to sit in their rooms and "think about it" like kids in detention. they are professional football players they don't play chess. the mentality is war, some will take time for distractions before they hit the field. people don't understand football to post something like this.....the guy that is not a bundle of nerves thinking about it, is usually the guy that jacks people up! it takes all kinds to make up a good football team, the guys that are "loose" usually perform the best. don't ever try to coach football...you won't last long. after the game plan is drawn, its about execution and being tougher than the other guy. these people are not choir boys...if they were the team would probably suck. ask the players, i'll bet some of them want the "whackos" from the club watching their back over poindexter any day. you are absolutely correct, you don't understand football or the players.:bang:

JBmadera
02-03-2013, 07:17 AM
Carbo loading.

Stillriledup
02-03-2013, 07:22 PM
Today is Friday. The game is Sunday. As long as they aren't at it tomorrow night, who really cares?

Its not the idea that a Friday night out with the boys is going to somehow tire them out for the game, but its bigger picture stuff, the bigger picture asking yourself how serious these guys are about the game.

OTM Al
02-03-2013, 08:10 PM
Its not the idea that a Friday night out with the boys is going to somehow tire them out for the game, but its bigger picture stuff, the bigger picture asking yourself how serious these guys are about the game.

It's their job and I'm sure they are quite serious about it. Unfortunately most fans don't understand what that means. I'm quite serious about my job, but I'll do what I please in my free time and so should they.

Robert Fischer
02-03-2013, 08:40 PM
this is hilarious...they've been dogged all week by the media, practicing and the stress of the game. but they are supposed to sit in their rooms and "think about it" like kids in detention. they are professional football players they don't play chess. the mentality is war, some will take time for distractions before they hit the field. people don't understand football to post something like this.....the guy that is not a bundle of nerves thinking about it, is usually the guy that jacks people up! it takes all kinds to make up a good football team, the guys that are "loose" usually perform the best. don't ever try to coach football...you won't last long. after the game plan is drawn, its about execution and being tougher than the other guy. these people are not choir boys...if they were the team would probably suck. ask the players, i'll bet some of them want the "whackos" from the club watching their back over poindexter any day. you are absolutely correct, you don't understand football or the players.:bang:

agreed

If going to the strip club is what got you there, you can't go to the library just because it's the super bowl.

Stillriledup
02-03-2013, 08:44 PM
They're putting themselves in a position for trouble to happen. Trouble doesnt happen at the library. Stay away from 'partying' and work on your game plan, there are 365 days in the year, it wont kill you to stay in, rest, study, watch tapes and relax and get your mind right, there are 362 other days in the year to go out and party.

If you flew to Churchill or Santa Anita for the Breeders Cup and you had a few grand cash in your pocket and were looking to make some money betting, are you going to party till 2am the days before the Cup or are you going to be in your hotel room handicapping all night?

Its just a matter of how bad you want it.

Tom
02-04-2013, 07:33 AM
I dont understand, your teammates, who are NOT at the strip club and who are in bed or in their rooms studying playbooks or videos are counting on you to take this seriously. There's plenty of time to go to strip clubs when the season is over. I guess maybe i'll never understand.

Two words: Max Magee.

Valuist
02-04-2013, 10:04 AM
It's their job and I'm sure they are quite serious about it. Unfortunately most fans don't understand what that means. I'm quite serious about my job, but I'll do what I please in my free time and so should they.

But you don't have the media following your every move. Ten years from now, you won't have fans second guessing you for the decisions you made.

NFL players have all offseason to go to strip clubs as much as they want. Why put yourself in the position to be second guessed?

Stillriledup
02-04-2013, 03:17 PM
Two words: Max Magee.

Two More words: Babe Ruth.

Its a different time, you can't be fat, happy, jolly, eat hot dogs, drink beer, stay out till 5am and show up at the job blood shot eyed and perform at a high level. Those days are gonzo, you can't get away with this anymore, the competition is too stiff and the athletes are too focused (for the most part) on taking you down.