PDA

View Full Version : RIP Mayor Koch

Tom
02-01-2013, 08:39 AM
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/former_mayor_ed_koch_dead_at_age_75lqLcuapohQ9JC6I LAXrL

Dead at 88.

so.cal.fan
02-01-2013, 09:31 AM
We lost a good guy.
RIP Mayor Koch. :(

Overlay
02-01-2013, 03:38 PM
Of all the mayors of New York that I remember, he was the one that I thought came closest to being what I would picture when I hear the term "New Yorker". Rest in peace.

so.cal.fan
02-01-2013, 05:58 PM
I hope that old Bloomberg makes sure Ed Koch gets a real special honor, NYC lost an icon.

PaceAdvantage
02-04-2013, 08:33 PM
Ed Koch was probably one of the few Democrats I would have voted for had I been old enough (and a city resident...lol) back then...I just plain liked the guy...glad to see him getting much love and respect from the city he loved...

JustRalph
02-05-2013, 07:50 AM
Saw this in an article today

When Cuomo senior ran against Koch for Mayor his campaign put out signs that said " Vote for Cuomo Not the Homo"

Wow! Koch was a character for sure

PaceAdvantage
02-06-2013, 10:45 AM
Saw this in an article today

When Cuomo senior ran against Koch for Mayor his campaign put out signs that said " Vote for Cuomo Not the Homo"

Wow! Koch was a character for surePeople need to be reminded on how inclusive and accepting democrats used to be...although the presence of Sen Byrd all those years should have been a big tipoff...they make it seem like Republicans and conservatives always had the market cornered on intolerance...