PDA

View Full Version : M1 Thur 1/31

CHeCK EyE
01-31-2013, 05:20 PM
Race 1 :: :2: Majestic Stone really should lay over this field on paper. Looks too fast for these. Incredibly windy in the area all day today is something to keep in mind. I believe I read for the qualifiers the wind was blowing into the faces of the horses around the 3/4 mark and into the turn.

Race 2 :: :7: Crazy Eights is a horse that made my watch list off the parked effort from post 10 last week to finish a strong third behind two even money horses. Unfortunately, she lands in a race with those same two foes in the :8: Liz's Lil K and the :10: Ideal Ginny. Both of which raced well in the first start off a layoff. Gotta think they will improve off that.

7-8-10

Race 3 :: Personally, I'd avoid this race as it's an amateur event. The 1A, Jedrik Hanover is a horse I'd watch this week, but his gait is so awkward and with an amateur driver up WITH the 10 hole makes me not so sure. :8: Zot is another with a real strong effort in last. Post 11 found him on the rim throughout the mile but overcame the trip with a win.

Race 4 :: :3: Paisley gets second start over the surface after coming from Harrah's. Keeps a nice inside post after a second as the favorite. :5: New Zion has been consistent in his starts at the Meadowlands. Moves up a tick to C1 and now the trainer does the driving. :6: Deck The Halls had a speed try but faded late. Now gets lasix which could help get him to the finish line first. :7: Boinga steps up after a wire to wire win as the odds on favorite. :9: Dash For The Cash gets slight class relief. With the parked out effort two back and an improvement in final quarter and final time in the last off similar fractions, I like the direction he's going.

3-9-6-7

Race 5 :: :2: Cammi Place was a parked tenth two back, stepped down and finished third. Inside posts keeps the chances up. :3: Lizzie's Dream was a parked 9th in last but only beaten 3 3/4 lengths in a time comparable to her other starts. Smoother trip gives her a shot. :4: Tanned For Life has a hot trainer going right now with an ROI of +207.

3-2-4

Race 6 :: :3: South Jersey Bugsy used his speed from post 9 last start and got a nice trip. Shouldn't have to work as hard to get a good spot near the front with post 3. Keeps him close and gives a shot. :7: No Frosting was parked at Dover throughout the mile and still won by 6 1/2 as a 1/9 favorite. Have to respect that. :10: Good Sound Advice is a Burke/Gingras combo. Post ten lowers the chances but can't throw out. My hope is he takes money and burns it!

7-3-10

Race 7 :: :1: Stonebridge Rocket gets post relief after a 9 spot here at M1 and the 6 across the river at Yonkers. Keeps him close for a late charge. :3: Corky Baran parked mile with finish time similar to what he's capable. Smoother trip with cover gives this one a big shot. :6: Sheer Desire has the class to win here. Gets Tetrick back and this combo won two back.

3-6-1

Race 8 :: Not a fan of the distance difference. Unless there's a crazy odd I'd skip.

Race 9 :: :5: Prince Sharka was on my watch list for last week but didn't race. Parked from post 10 in the Hirt series moves out and gets a better post. :6: Thanks For Stoppin has had success here. I think he needs a smooth trip though. If you think he gets that great ride, use. :8: Get Jazzed is another on my watch list who didn't race last week. Parked and held for 4th beaten only 4 and a half with a better time than previous start.

1-8-6

Race 10 :: :9: Sectionaline Blast first start at M1 was solid. No reason to think he can't repeat that effort. :10: Tsm Gabby Warbucks was parked in last 2 starts and still swung 3 wide last week for the stretch drive. Post 10 won't help but keeps Yannick who can make it happen.

10-9

Muddy
01-31-2013, 05:56 PM
#1 needed start 2nd start for Watson.#6 2nd Hobbles looks like they just tried to keep him trotting last week may ask for speed this time? #9 just sold for 68K on the 21st adds lasix.

r3 Like the entry here 1/2789

r4 6/357 #6 contest pick

r5 #4 2nd start hot barn. 4/125

r6 #1 good Qualie. 1/7910?r1

r7 #8 + barn ch. 8/356 #6 contest pick

r8 1 1/16 Mile race here. Like a longshot here #4 2nd start after sale buy back in Aug.

r9 Another longshot play picked in contest #2 last race was better than had been racing, closed in 27.3 15-1 ML.

r10 #5 2nd lasix closed good in latest effort. #6 no shot last (10 hole)#4 improved post and drops. #8 tried last week after 2nd time barn ch @ 15-1 and almost lasted. #9 tried last week after barn ch but has Campbell driving again.

Good Luck.

Muddy
01-31-2013, 07:33 PM
Nice tri in the 1st using your 2 with my 169. 219 triple paid nice 215.00 with a 58.00 21 exactor. :ThmbUp:

Muddy
01-31-2013, 09:34 PM
r7 #8 + barn ch. 8/356 #6 contest pick

Nice tri there. $ 2 TRI ( 8/6/5 ) Paid $428.40:ThmbUp:

CHeCK EyE
01-31-2013, 10:11 PM
Unfortunately...I just walked in the door and got to watch the 9th race. I got 2 seconds in the contest so I'm still alive which is good to know.