PDA

View Full Version : The Americans

elysiantraveller
01-31-2013, 12:26 AM
Pilot was pretty good... could be a good one!

redshift1
01-31-2013, 01:29 AM
Commercial free?

elysiantraveller
01-31-2013, 09:42 AM
No its on FX. I DVR basically everything I watch so its always commercial free.

BlueShoe
01-31-2013, 10:55 AM
Kept me up until almost midnite, past my usual bedtime, and also took time away from handicapping the Thursday card, have to get at it after finishing this post. :) Has a MA rating, and deserves the late broadcast hour, some pretty violent stuff and graphic sex. As one who has never stopped fighting the Cold War, and who still fears and hates the Russians and still regard them as the Soviet Communists, the program did stir some old feelings. Have to wonder just how many spies there still are in deep cover, holdovers from the Soviet era that just went to work for the SVR after the dissolution of the KGB. While many have died, quit spying and become inactive, or turned themselves into the FBI or CIA, very likely there are still a few now elderly or in late middle age still active.

redshift1
01-31-2013, 01:03 PM
No its on FX. I DVR basically everything I watch so its always commercial free.

Recorded it, similar to Homeland.

PhantomOnTour
04-02-2013, 08:03 PM
Thought i'd bump this thread and see if anyone is still watching.

I've been following along and have mixed feelings...lately it's been nothing but sex sex sex.
The storyline is a good one imo, but the last few episodes have gotten a little hairball....i.e.....these folks live a very chaotic life.

DJofSD
04-02-2013, 08:42 PM
I watched the pilot and enjoyed it. Set up my TiVo and have not watched any since -- by design. I'll watch a bunch of episodes in one sitting. (I'm very good with the sequence of pressing fast forward then play buttons.)

BTW: a story involving the US economy and a real-life spy: The Battle of Bretton Woods: John Maynard Keynes, Harry Dexter White, and the Making of a New World Order (http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-battle-of-bretton-woods-benn-steil/1113557596?ean=9780691149097) .

PhantomOnTour
04-02-2013, 09:05 PM
Oops - almost played the spoiler again.
Sorry about the Champs League post

DJofSD
04-02-2013, 09:07 PM
Don't worry 'bout it. I've been warned before to unsubscribe so that doesn't happen. My problem, really.

elysiantraveller
04-02-2013, 11:40 PM
Thought i'd bump this thread and see if anyone is still watching.

I've been following along and have mixed feelings...lately it's been nothing but sex sex sex.
The storyline is a good one imo, but the last few episodes have gotten a little hairball....i.e.....these folks live a very chaotic life.

I've been just recording the show lately so I need to catch up. When I left of though I felt the show needed to either lighten up or turn much darker.

I'll catch up in the next couple of days and check in.

PhantomOnTour
03-05-2014, 05:19 PM
Bumpy Bump:

New season began last week - here's a recap:
sex- some killing - more sex - more killing

I guess I am hooked because it's set during the 80's and I grew up during that decade, but I do like the storyline.
They are dealing with the inevitable this season...a growing daughter who is curious as to why her travel agent parents are out all night and always seem to be doing laundry at 4am.

New episode tonight at 9pm central time on FX.
I will be watching.
Anyone else watch this show?

PhantomOnTour
02-05-2015, 06:12 PM
Bump Again:

New season began last week.
I like this show a lot and I'm still watching.
Big story this season is that Moscow wants to recruit their oldest daughter into the spy game.

I swear I saw a cameo by Tony Kornheiser on last night's episode.
Seriously

Anyone else watching??

RunForTheRoses
02-05-2015, 06:47 PM
Bump Again:

Anyone else watching??

No, I may see if I can get season 1 on bittorent. Just watched episode 3 of Satisfaction, that is all your fault. It is a guilty pleasure..

One guilty pleasure I had through Bittorent was Breakout Kings, ever see that?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1590961/

PhantomOnTour
02-05-2015, 07:39 PM
No, I may see if I can get season 1 on bittorent. Just watched episode 3 of Satisfaction, that is all your fault. It is a guilty pleasure..

One guilty pleasure I had through Bittorent was Breakout Kings, ever see that?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1590961/
The main reason I watch Satisfaction is that I am ass over tits about leading lady Stephanie Szostak...wow :eek:

Never heard of Breakout Kings, but I will check it out.

dartman51
02-06-2015, 12:32 PM
Bump Again:

New season began last week.
I like this show a lot and I'm still watching.
Big story this season is that Moscow wants to recruit their oldest daughter into the spy game.

I swear I saw a cameo by Tony Kornheiser on last night's episode.
Seriously

Anyone else watching??

It's one of the few things that I will watch. I record it, then watch it sometimes during next day or two. I like it. :ThmbUp:

tucker6
02-06-2015, 12:52 PM
what happened to Elysiantraveller?? Hasn't been online since 11/12.