PDA

View Full Version : Are the Jets trying to lose on purpose?

Stillriledup
01-30-2013, 04:45 PM
Tim Tebow, Mark Sanchez and now Jamarcus Russell?

I guess Ryan Leaf wasnt available?

Robert Fischer
01-30-2013, 05:55 PM
Jets made a bad mistake drafting Sanchez, but that is excusable.

Then after they had years of NFL game film on Sanchez they made an inexcusable mistake of signing him to a big, guaranteed, contract extension. This was simply low-level scouting/coaching.
Not only was this an inexcusable error, it was an error that somewhat cripples the franchise, due to basically paying Sanchez the amount of money that they could pay an impact player.

To make matters worse, they didn't bench Sanchez last season. It's one thing to have less salary cap to go out and get talent, but it's even worse when the coaches refuse to "eat" the mistake, and instead allow Sanchez on the field. Now you have one of the 5 worst QBs in the game crippling your team's on-field play, as well as the salary cap options.

Unfortunately the team has not announced that they will permanently bench Sanchez next season, and they have made no known attempts at trying to find a real quarterback, or installing a read-option pistol offense. Is it really possible that they will start Sanchez at Quarterback again, with a whole off-season to find a better solution??

Are they trying to lose on purpose, or are they really bad at what they do? I have given up following this franchise. Unless they pull a complete 180, they are at best a practice-squad game for the Patriots.

Stillriledup
01-30-2013, 07:26 PM
RF, and this is why the Patriots just skate to an easy division title year after year after year and can kind of 'rest' while getting 2 cushy home games and a bye week...no wonder these guys are in the SB every other year.

Maybe this Woody Johnson guy is a meddler like Jerry Jones and he doesnt hire football guys and let the football guys make football decisions. Not only does he hire bad football guys, but he meddles in the 'badness' of it all.

Jets are a mess top to bottom, its a miracle they were able to go into San Diego and beat a decent Chargers team in the playoffs a few years ago....just goes to show you the incompetence of the Bolts to lose to that Jet team.

Stillriledup
01-30-2013, 07:27 PM
Maybe Donovan McNab can come out of Retirement or Daunte Culpepper can tweet to the Jets "hey guys, hit me up"

JustRalph
01-30-2013, 08:16 PM
Tim Tebow, Mark Sanchez and now Jamarcus Russell?

I guess Ryan Leaf wasnt available?

Russell's Wonderlic score is half the other two's shoe size

Mike at A+
01-30-2013, 09:06 PM
What's that I see in my crystal ball???? Alex Smith???? If the 49ers win the Super Bowl convincingly enough, it could be a reality.

Bettowin
02-01-2013, 11:21 AM
What's that I see in my crystal ball???? Alex Smith???? If the 49ers win the Super Bowl convincingly enough, it could be a reality.

Alex Smith might end up with the Chiefs via a draft pick deal. I would say more likely than going to the Jets.

Valuist
02-01-2013, 11:34 AM

He will be released Monday morning, regardless of the result of the game.

Stillriledup
02-01-2013, 01:57 PM
Russell's Wonderlic score is half the other two's shoe size

Or equivalent to Vince Youngs.