PDA

View Full Version : UAE Derby

magwell
01-30-2013, 12:35 PM
Looks like a free pass to the Kentucky Derby it's worth 100 points to the winner.......;)

Tom
01-30-2013, 01:09 PM
Ridiculous!
How many UAE winners have won the Derby?
How many Illinois Derby winners have won it?

Byk had some CD chuckle head on yesterday trying to rationalize the
moronic point system.

He said a lot of thought went into it.
Yeah, you can say the same thing about the Buffalo Bills game plans.
The Skipper and Gilligan had a plan, too.

Robert Fischer
01-30-2013, 01:18 PM
7 races worth 100 points to the winner this year:

Florida Derby, UAE Derby, Louisiana Derby, Wood Memorial, Santa Anita Derby, Arkansas Derby, and Blue Grass Stakes.

http://helloracefans.com/races/kentucky-derby/2013-kentucky-derby-prep-schedule/

Cholly
01-30-2013, 03:30 PM
CDI’s primary goal is to increase the profitably of their flagship product, and they likely see an increase of international interest and handle as the best way to achieve that goal. Including the UAE Derby is an obvious decision. If I was running CDI, I’d be looking for some excuse to include a horse from Hong Kong or Japan next year.

OTM Al
01-30-2013, 04:21 PM
Looks like a free pass to the Kentucky Derby it's worth 100 points to the winner.......;)

And this is new how? Besides, fair chance that a Southern Hemisphere horse that would be considered 4 this year will win.

ten2oneormore
02-01-2013, 08:54 AM
Not that I agree with the points system but if you were trying to get a top tier international horse that has a chance to run well on dirt , what other race makes sense?

Tom
02-01-2013, 09:22 AM
We have enough horses here to worry about.
If there is a top euro colt with a shot, let him come here and qualify.

magwell
02-01-2013, 10:15 AM
We have enough horses here to worry about.
If there is a top euro colt with a shot, let him come here and qualify. Yes, my point exactly......:cool:

horses4courses
02-01-2013, 10:40 AM
For the most part, I like the new points system.
As far as the UAE Derby is concerned, it has been a free pass into the KY Derby gate for years. The graded earnings there were way more than enough to get a horse in. Quite often, the winner doesn't show up at Churchill, anyway. Godolphin and Coolmore take a shot sometimes, but they've never really had a true dirt horse - yet.
I don't like the UAE Derby carrying that much weight when it comes to qualifying, but I never liked the Delta Jackpot being an automatic entry, either. At least that is history.
Wait and see what you make of the Derby field this year before complaining about the new system. Quality through qualification will be at least as good, if not better, than before. Some tweaking may be necessary and, hopefully, they will seek to make improvements.

Valuist
02-01-2013, 10:59 AM
No race that is run on synthetic should count for any graded earnings or points. It is completely irrelevant, unless for some reason Churchill was to switch to a synthetic track. The Blue Grass comes to mind as clearly needing a downgrade down to Grade 3.

dkithore
02-01-2013, 11:15 AM
CDI’s primary goal is to increase the profitably of their flagship product, and they likely see an increase of international interest and handle as the best way to achieve that goal. Including the UAE Derby is an obvious decision. If I was running CDI, I’d be looking for some excuse to include a horse from Hong Kong or Japan next year.

I second the motion.

CincyHorseplayer
02-02-2013, 10:11 AM
No race that is run on synthetic should count for any graded earnings or points. It is completely irrelevant, unless for some reason Churchill was to switch to a synthetic track. The Blue Grass comes to mind as clearly needing a downgrade down to Grade 3.

Absolutely.Even when Santa Anita was on synthetic,a place that produces perennial Derby contenders,they were a nonfactor(albeit short span).Dubai,Turfway,Keeneland,the winners of their preps have all been irrelevant Derby entrants.That should be the next incentive laden move IMO,knock the points down to nothing on all these tracks or lose them entirely.That or go full on ridiculous and start putting turf races on the map for points!

Tom
02-02-2013, 11:26 AM
Pioneer of the Nile, SAD, ran 2nd in the Derby.
Poly horses have a respectable record at CD, a track that is at least neutral to poly runners.

rastajenk
02-02-2013, 11:36 AM
Animal Kingdom...

Robert Fischer
02-02-2013, 11:36 AM
Pioneer of the Nile, SAD, ran 2nd in the Derby.
Poly horses have a respectable record at CD, a track that is at least neutral to poly runners.

Animal Kingdom didn't do too bad either.

Tom
02-02-2013, 11:38 AM
Actually, I am more likely to use a poly line at CD than a CD line on any other dirt track. I am willing to use a race at CD as an excuse race for a poor performance. Ditto Delta Downs.

CincyHorseplayer
02-02-2013, 12:44 PM
Animal Kingdom...

Forgot about him,which is funny because I had that exacta multiple times!

Still I don't think it takes much away from my point,if synthetic tracks count as prep points why not turf too?There is already plenty of competition for spots,I think it should at least be surface related.If it's a free for all start putting points up in the turf races too.I don't see any difference in philosophy here.

funnsss1
02-02-2013, 01:08 PM
The kentucky derby and usa horse racing in general are a joke.Every race being run these days in the usa is fixed and if peple cant see that there idiots.The races look like a car race with horses coming out of the gate the jockeys putting the horses in position then sprinting to the finish line.Whens the last time you seen a 3,4 or 5 horse photo.These days never because they havent been able to figure out fixing races with close photos involving more than 2 or 3 horses.As for the kentucky derby point system who cares the winner of the kentucky derby doesnt mean anything these days with the bull that happens in american racing they dont even check for correct weight these days goes to show how much they screw the betting public.The trainers use all kinds of drugs to help there horses perform and your saying we trust them to put correct weight on there horses for the race what a joke that is.Wake up bettors do something about the blatent abuse of you and your money

Jay Trotter
02-02-2013, 02:45 PM
The kentucky derby and usa horse racing in general are a joke....Not to be a jerk but why the heck are you here then? I realize everything isn't perfect but if you feel negative to the degree you do then what the heck? Doesn't make sense.

Tom
02-02-2013, 04:25 PM
What should we do, funssssssss, protest by avoiding spelling, paragraphs, capital letters, punctuation, and spacing?

C-
The Kentucky Derby, and USA horse racing in general, are a joke. Every race being run these days in the USA is fixed, and if people can't see that they're idiots.

The races look like a car race with horses coming out of the gate, the jockeys putting the horses in position, then sprinting to the finish line.

When's the last time you saw a 3,4 or 5 horse photo? These days, never, because they havent been able to figure out fixing races with close photos involving more than 2 or 3 horses.

As for the Kentucky Derby point system who cares? The winner of the Kentucky Derby doesn't mean anything these days.

With the bull that happens in American racing, they don't even check for correct weight these days. Goes to show how much they screw the betting public. The trainers use all kinds of drugs to help their horses perform and you're saying we trust them to put correct weight on their horses for the race? What a joke that is.

Wake up bettors; do something about the blatent abuse of you and your money.

funnsss1
02-02-2013, 04:45 PM
Just pointing out the obvious.I love horse racing and I am fed up with the way the betting public is treated by horsemen and betting companies.I have to bet europe and japan to feel at least im getting a somewhat fair chance to win not to say there isnt shady things happening there at least they check for correct weight.As for why im on this site its a free country isnt it and last i check a person can voice his opinion and observations.Also i still play north america only bet very little on the races here.Plus I love the contests sincerely funnsss1

Jay Trotter
02-02-2013, 04:55 PM
Fair enough.