PDA

View Full Version : Dutrow got 10 years

lamboguy
01-29-2013, 06:40 PM
Roberto Sanchez-Munoz got 100 years in Oaklahoma. he also got a $100,000 fine to go with the suspension.

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/usa-100-year-ban-after-frog-juice-positives/1193103/#newsArchiveTabs=last7DaysNews

Stillriledup
01-29-2013, 06:49 PM
Rick got off light, he can pump gas or wait tables for 10 years and then come back and start off where he left off.

johnhannibalsmith
01-29-2013, 06:53 PM
I've been wondering, well assuming, but wishing someone closer to OK that knows would confirm for me- is this the same kid that trained for SM Cattle Export?

magwell
01-29-2013, 06:59 PM
Rick got off light, he can pump gas or wait tables for 10 years and then come back and start off where he left off. WHAT ???? are you really this nuts ?......or too much time on your hands ?

Stillriledup
01-29-2013, 07:20 PM
WHAT ???? are you really this nuts ?......or too much time on your hands ?

I'm guessing you disagree with something i've said? :p

precocity
01-29-2013, 08:00 PM
Munoz got 100 years in Oaklahoma :lol: just that sentence has me LMAO.

johnhenry81
01-30-2013, 07:41 AM
Frog juice is a pain killer? OK so you feel great, but I still couldn't run with Usain Bolt right? Even though it is multiple times stronger than morphine, morphine itself cancels pain. I don't see how it is more of an advantage. Can anyone enlighten me?

jh

PaceAdvantage
01-30-2013, 10:11 AM
Frog juice is a pain killer? OK so you feel great, but I still couldn't run with Usain Bolt right? Even though it is multiple times stronger than morphine, morphine itself cancels pain. I don't see how it is more of an advantage. Can anyone enlighten me?

jhYou could run with Usain Bolt if you had the talent BUT you needed the frog juice to kill the pain that was hampering your top effort....how's that?

No, some of these things won't improve the baseline talent of these horses, BUT they WILL allow a TOP effort of peak performance....

Midnight Cruiser
01-30-2013, 12:51 PM
Rick got off light, he can pump gas or wait tables for 10 years and then come back and start off where he left off.

I dont think the gas pumper option out there any more.

cj
01-30-2013, 04:31 PM

It is in New Jersey.

tzipi
01-30-2013, 07:45 PM

He's doing fine training Rudy Rod's horses :D

Stillriledup
01-30-2013, 08:01 PM
He's doing fine training Rudy Rod's horses :D

WOW LOL!!! OH NO YOU Didnttt! :D

JustRalph
01-30-2013, 08:33 PM

In Jersey those guys make great tips........

Half hour ride from his house :lol:

nijinski
01-30-2013, 08:56 PM
UH Huh , here in NJ we get to stop for gas with time to text , put on mascara and lip gloss etc while we're filling up :)

JustRalph
01-30-2013, 09:32 PM
UH Huh , here in NJ we get to stop for gas with time to text , put on mascara and lip gloss etc while we're filling up :)

I bet you look great doing it......stop flirting with those guys and cut your commute down...... :lol:

nijinski
01-30-2013, 09:43 PM
I bet you look great doing it......stop flirting with those guys and cut your commute down...... :lol:

LOL , I can barely understand most of these guys so I just say thx , same to you .

Stillriledup
02-05-2013, 07:16 PM
I was just perusing trainer statistics at equibase and saw something that blew me away about Dutrow.

It took him NINETEEN years of being a trainer before he got his TENTH win. That's right, it took 19 years before he got his 10th lifetime win as a trainer.

How is this possible?

speed
02-05-2013, 07:40 PM
I was just perusing trainer statistics at equibase and saw something that blew me away about Dutrow.

It took him NINETEEN years of being a trainer before he got his TENTH win. That's right, it took 19 years before he got his 10th lifetime win as a trainer.

How is this possible?
Is Mom at work when you post? For those 19 years i wonder how many starters he had. Likely a 100 or so.

Robert Fischer
02-05-2013, 07:50 PM

How is this possible?

Looks like the article or stats that you saw didn't point out that they started counting years in 1979 when his father was training and Dutrow(jr.) was only getting a handful of official races to his record each year.
The article also failed to point out the gaps (like the 9year gap) in training for any races officially.

Also failed to mention that Dutrow was 26 for his first 135 or a very respectable 19%.
Or that he was 29% winners in his first full year.

The author of that article must have cherry-picked that stat. ;)

tzipi
02-05-2013, 08:00 PM

How is this possible?

Dutrow only trained for 9 years before his 10th win. He didn't train in 1983 or 1984. He also didn't train from 1987-1994. He had about a total of 70 starters before his 10th win.

Stillriledup
02-05-2013, 08:03 PM
Looks like the article or stats that you saw didn't point out that they started counting years in 1979 when his father was training and Dutrow(jr.) was only getting a handful of official races to his record each year.
The article also failed to point out the gaps (like the 9year gap) in training for any races officially.

Also failed to mention that Dutrow was 26 for his first 135 or a very respectable 19%.
Or that he was 29% winners in his first full year.

The author of that article must have cherry-picked that stat. ;)

Its still 19 years according to equibase.

Stillriledup
02-05-2013, 08:09 PM
Is Mom at work when you post? For those 19 years i wonder how many starters he had. Likely a 100 or so.

No need to take personal shots at my family, i'm not sure what i posted to get your ire up, i just posted an unusual statistical occurance that is attached to a very good trainer that i thought was worth posting. Not sure why the personal shot, you need to smile and not be so angry, life is short.

tzipi
02-05-2013, 08:33 PM
Its still 19 years according to equibase.

But equibase does show he did not train for 10 of those 19 years. I mean it is a bit shocking because you'd think Dutrow won at least 10 in the first year or two.

speed
02-05-2013, 09:05 PM
I did mean to add the smile in my post.