PDA

View Full Version : J Laredo, wins two seperate times at 99-1 or higher at Big A in January.

Stillriledup
01-27-2013, 02:54 PM
:D

Amazing.

shouldacoulda
01-27-2013, 03:19 PM
Kinda blew everyone out of the late P4 in the contest. Glad I went with the early P4.

horses4courses
01-27-2013, 03:25 PM
I couldn't play that horse in today's 6th with counterfeit money..... :ThmbDown:

CincyHorseplayer
01-27-2013, 04:23 PM
That was great.I was rootin him home!129-1.

JustRalph
01-27-2013, 05:43 PM
That was great.I was rootin him home!129-1.

Cincy, you bet the horse?

If so, why?

Stillriledup
01-27-2013, 06:40 PM

If so, why?

No, he didnt bet, he was just rooting for everyone else to lose! :lol:

jk3521
01-27-2013, 07:20 PM
No, he didnt bet, he was just rooting for everyone else to lose! :lol:
I do that! ;)

CincyHorseplayer
01-27-2013, 07:58 PM

If so, why?

No I just came in for lunch,sat down and there he was gettin it!!How can you not root for those kind of odds?Biggest I've gotten in NY in the last year is 54.-1 at Aqu 11/14/12 on a route to sprint turf horse with a giant pace figure and a trip line that read "saddle slipped".Made a small value bet on it.That was fun!My two win horses ran 1-3 in the exacta though.

Beachbabe
01-27-2013, 08:00 PM
No I just came in for lunch,sat down and there he was gettin it!!How can you not root for those kind of odds?Biggest I've gotten in NY in the last year is 54.-1 at Aqu 11/14/12 on a route to sprint turf horse with a giant pace figure and a trip line that read "saddle slipped".Made a small value bet on it.That was fun!My two win horses ran 1-3 in the exacta though.

In other words you would have had the tri, had you bet it.
Bet you kicked yourself............or maybe not.

shouldacoulda
01-27-2013, 08:41 PM
Come on now, tell the truth. Who was holding the cursor against the nose of the nearest rival to slow them down. :lol:

And wired the field no less. You gotta love it.

shouldacoulda
01-27-2013, 09:21 PM
I just looked at the PP's and the replays of his first two races. If you're an angle player, this should have sent up a couple of flags. First, he added blinkers today and second, he went up in class from a MC 25,000 to MC 35,000. You would have to wonder why the jump. Third, this was the riders 2nd time on him and he did get bumped at the start of his last race and rallied back until the far turn where he seemed to get bothered and the rider a little unsteady in the saddle, and still he gained ground 4 wide around the turn and then cut in to the rail as they turned for home. To the riders credit, he did not abuse the horse seeing there was no way to get in the race.

Had I been in front of the computer and saw the huge odds I would have delved deeper. They put over a good one and few saw it. Including myself. I just glanced over the races and played the P4 for the contest. Whenever I see a horse jump in class that shows absolutely nothing on paper, it peaks my interest.

BlueShoe
01-27-2013, 09:23 PM
That was great.I was rootin him home!129-1. I wasn't, I really liked the #3, Retired, and wagered accordingly. When he had dead aim on the 128-1 leader and then could not go by, I thought that it was going to be another one of those days, but later on things got better, and did okay for the day.

CincyHorseplayer
01-27-2013, 10:49 PM
In other words you would have had the tri, had you bet it.
Bet you kicked yourself............or maybe not.

No I didn't care for the place horse.I can deal with it when I don't have it!Shrug and move on.Now not playing a 0.50 pick 4 on BC day,I can look back at that with total anguish and self azz kicking!

Beachbabe
01-28-2013, 08:39 AM
No I didn't care for the place horse.I can deal with it when I don't have it!Shrug and move on.Now not playing a 0.50 pick 4 on BC day,I can look back at that with total anguish and self azz kicking!

I'm sorry, Cincy, I mis-read your post. Duh !! :bang:

CincyHorseplayer
01-28-2013, 01:02 PM
I'm sorry, Cincy, I mis-read your post. Duh !! :bang:

That's cool.I'm not a technical,internet,nail you to the cross ballbuster!I make typos and faulty memory mistakes all the time.I can't stand when there's your 3rd grade English teacher parading around a thread:cool:

Stillriledup
02-16-2013, 04:54 PM
I figured out why this J Laredo character keeps winning on the engine at huge prices (notice most of the wins are on the lead) is because someone here said it best, everyone wants to try to be ramon....the jock colony is SO unagressive at this place, everyone is grabbing and rating...take a look at today's 6th race, they went a 24 quarter, guys were riding like this was a mile and a half race....this laredo doesnt even look that great on a horse, but if you get the lead and ride aggressively, you're going to shock the world on occasion....this is a great place for a speed jock to go down the road with these big prices.

Bennie
02-17-2013, 04:53 PM
people starting to get wise, Laredo in the last race 20-1 ML bet down to 7-1 headed to post

Stillriledup
02-17-2013, 04:56 PM
people starting to get wise, Laredo in the last race 20-1 ML bet down to 7-1 headed to post

Laredo can only perform at 20-1 or higher! :lol:

Stillriledup
03-20-2013, 06:36 AM
I have a Laredo question.

Has Laredo ever won a horse race from behind? Every win for her it seems is a down the road job, go to the front, open up a huge lead and hang on. All her winners seem to have the exact same riding style. Has she ever grabbed, rated and came with a closing rush to get up to win?

She has 5 wins at the meet and i think they're front running wins opening up big leads.

LAP_520
03-20-2013, 09:16 AM

Has Laredo ever won a horse race from behind? Every win for her it seems is a down the road job, go to the front, open up a huge lead and hang on. All her winners seem to have the exact same riding style. Has she ever grabbed, rated and came with a closing rush to get up to win?

She has 5 wins at the meet and i think they're front running wins opening up big leads.

Not sure on rating and come with a closing rush to win the race. All I have seen from Miss Julissa Laredo is "front running go from the gate".

This past weekend I saw her racing on a horse on the lead, and on the far turn, her horse started to backup to the field real bad.....so bad in fact, that I thought they were going to slam into her and the horse.

Earlier I was listening to Andy and Eric on NYRA, and Andy said " I do not understand why the public is betting this horse Julissa is on... the honeymoon is over"...... Interesting .

My guess is she is either not strong enough to control a race horse in tight quarters or other jockeys want to know where she is on the track at all times for safety factors.

LAP_520
03-20-2013, 09:27 AM
Wed March 20, 2013

Julissa Laredo is listed as the Jockey on horses in

Race 4 -
#6 ML 30-1

Race 5 -
#5 ML 30-1

Race 6 -
#2 ML 15-1 (leaving from gate 1)

Good day to watch and see how she rides these horses today.

cj
03-20-2013, 09:28 AM

That isn't really rare for an apprentice.

Stillriledup
03-20-2013, 01:14 PM
That isn't really rare for an apprentice.

I didnt realize she was an apprentice.

Robert Fischer
03-20-2013, 01:36 PM
when you get BAD mounts, most of the contending rides will come from cheap speed, or stretch-out speed.

Those are pretty much the only horses the bottom jockeys get, that have any talent, in any part of a race whatsoever.

deathandgravity
03-20-2013, 05:35 PM
J Laredo angle only really works when she is riding a Maiden for Pine & sprint to route.
:lol:

Stillriledup
03-20-2013, 05:37 PM
J Laredo angle only really works when she is riding a Maiden for Pine & sprint to route.
:lol:

She was on a horse today named Miss Mabry who is the actual slowest horse on the NY Circuit and was somehow, someway NOT 9,9999-1 in a race today, she was 23-1....when i saw that i was tingling knowing that there IS hope!

Stillriledup
04-20-2013, 02:03 PM
Julissa! :ThmbUp:

MightBeSosa
04-20-2013, 11:54 PM
Stillriledup has posted some dubious things here, but I beleive he's one of the FEW that really gets it.

Stillriledup
11-21-2014, 03:06 AM
"J Laredo" was almost at it again on Oct 30th with River Knight.

River Knight races today in the 3rd.

Rise Over Run
11-21-2014, 08:41 AM
They're off the turf again today, so highly doubtful this one goes to the gate considering the two career dirt efforts.

Stillriledup
11-21-2014, 01:09 PM
They're off the turf again today, so highly doubtful this one goes to the gate considering the two career dirt efforts.

Somehow NOT 99-1 off current Dirt form. Very hopeful bunch betting this one down to under 20-1 at this point.