PDA

View Full Version : Rosie, Lanerie and Saez

Valuist
01-27-2013, 09:44 AM
All rode at GP yesterday, then got on a flight to Houston and rode in several stakes last night there, and all are back in action today. Napravnik at FG; Saez and Lanerie at GP. Maybe it won't matter, but have to wonder what their energy levels are going to be like today.

dylbert
01-27-2013, 12:44 PM
Doesn't look like riding yesterday's GP card took much out of Rosie. She had two wins and one place in three stakes rides. Nice payday too.

Jockeys from FG regularly 'shuttle' over to Delta Downs to ride nightime stakes and return for next day's FG daytime card without any problem. Jet travel makes this very doable.

Valuist
01-27-2013, 02:21 PM
Doesn't look like riding yesterday's GP card took much out of Rosie. She had two wins and one place in three stakes rides. Nice payday too.

Jockeys from FG regularly 'shuttle' over to Delta Downs to ride nightime stakes and return for next day's FG daytime card without any problem. Jet travel makes this very doable.

I was really thinking more about Saez and Lanerie. I see Saez already burned some money at 8-5 in the 3rd at GP. We'll see how Rosie does today.

I don't know how far Delta is from the FG, but its more than a 2 hour flight from Miami to Houston. Toss in getting back to the airport, waiting for the plane etc, you know they got in real late. Not like the NBA or MLB where the teams fly charter.

nijinski
01-27-2013, 03:13 PM
Good for them for doing what is part of their job . That's how you get to ride the top horses for the top owners and trainers . It's nothing new , ambitious jocks have done this for decades.
The best part is if they win they are financially well rewarded .

overthehill
01-28-2013, 12:08 PM
thanks for pointing that out. helped me with to focus on rosie picking up that mount in the second off the claim and a fairly unknown trainer.

IrishRail76
02-01-2013, 06:10 PM
Just noticed that Rosie is scheduled to ride 9 races at FG on Sat and 4 more under the lights at DED.

I haven't put it under a microscope, but she's hitting the board about 50%, is the favorite in at least 4 races, and has Sunday off.

I played her to W/P last weekend and she came through it nicely, so I'm pulling the trigger on the best 4 races for her on Saturday at the FG.

These races pay well, plus I hope that some loose Superbowlers wander over and pump up the pools.

Again, I haven't done the pencil-and-paper heavy lifting on these yet, but how often do you see a top rider at a favorite track set for 9 in-a-row, plus 4 more at another track?