PDA

View Full Version : Dwelling on negative subjects is dangerous

so.cal.fan
02-04-2004, 11:40 AM
to your handicapping and betting.
I have been guilty of being excessively negative on the subject of the pools/hubs etc and the drug questions/super trainers etc.
I have concluded that I must either stop handicapping and betting or choose to disregard these negative influences.
I have found that anything you are obsessing about is going to hurt your game, not help it.

ranchwest
02-04-2004, 02:58 PM
So Cal,

You make a good point.

I've been playing a lot of basketball lately and have been amazed at the analogies to be made between basketball and wagering on the horses.

Simply put, if my eyes are on the net, I shoot well. If distractions get in my way, I'm looking for a rebounder or someone with a big mouth and I'm not focusing.

Keep you eyes on the target.

Hosshead
02-05-2004, 12:05 AM
Hey Ranch, just curious, do you play in a league? Against the young kids, or older folk league? It's a great game to get/keep in shape. (I can vaguely remember the days when I could dunk.............in a time and galaxy far away).

ranchwest
02-05-2004, 12:08 PM
I play in an open pickup at lunch where the players are fairly good, ages 18 to 56. One night a week I play in an over 40's pickup game. The night game is actually more appropriate for my talent level, but I just enjoy playing. Every once in a while I stick around after the night session to play with the college kids. It is great both physically and mentally. Well, it is when I don't get hurt. lol

brdman12
02-05-2004, 01:10 PM
My favorite sport! basketball...I could give analogies between basketball and horseracing all day. I thought it was just me...lol...
Horseracing pays better....

Buddha
02-05-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by brdman12

Horseracing pays better....

Unless you are an overpaid NBA star :eek: