PDA

View Full Version : GP spot plays Sat 1/26

Valuist
01-26-2013, 02:50 PM
6th- 6 One Foxy Grey-- the track may be uniform but it certainly isn't inside speed biased today. Love this one on turnback from 1m 70 to 7f.

8th- 3 Cowdray Park- 7 time Mdn ran big in turf debut despite being wide on both turns and hurt by slow pace

10th- 4 Bern Identity- hasn't done much wrong. Gonna try to beat heavy chalk. Track surface may favor BI over SB.

11th- 10 Logan Street- liked his last with addition of blinkers.

Robert Fischer
01-26-2013, 03:06 PM
good luck race 6

i'm boxing :1::3::6::8::9: here

Robert Fischer
01-26-2013, 03:16 PM
looked like your 6 may have got shut off a little late. I thought the 1 probably ran better than the 3, and the 5 may have been better than the 3 considering the negative ride the 5 got.

8 Close Hatches looked like a stakes horse here.

Valuist
01-26-2013, 07:36 PM
looked like your 6 may have got shut off a little late. I thought the 1 probably ran better than the 3, and the 5 may have been better than the 3 considering the negative ride the 5 got.

8 Close Hatches looked like a stakes horse here.

Agreed on Close Hatches. Still would rather play against Mott debuters.

The inside was definitely NOT the place to be on the GP main track.

lamboguy
01-26-2013, 07:50 PM
Agreed on Close Hatches. Still would rather play against Mott debuters.

The inside was definitely NOT the place to be on the GP main track.not me! he is as good as anyone first out when he has the right type of horse. i take him over Pletcher all day, they pay more. i just got one today in Miami that paid $8.80 that would have paid $2.80 with Todd!

Valuist
01-26-2013, 08:04 PM
not me! he is as good as anyone first out when he has the right type of horse. i take him over Pletcher all day, they pay more. i just got one today in Miami that paid $8.80 that would have paid $2.80 with Todd!

I try to play against ALL first time starters. In general, they tend to be overbet by the pedigree players. Its about more than talent, and a lot of great horses have lost their career debuts. I'll take experience any day.

lamboguy
01-26-2013, 08:18 PM
I try to play against ALL first time starters. In general, they tend to be overbet by the pedigree players. Its about more than talent, and a lot of great horses have lost their career debuts. I'll take experience any day.the first time starters that the big guys send out have more experience than most of the horses that have run in races. those guys send their horses out in sets with better horses than what is going to be in the race in the afternoon. that's how i came up with the Mott horse today.

overthehill
01-28-2013, 05:38 PM
you posted your picks so late i didnt see them until just now.
I fell into the same trap with the grey lady. unfortunately it seems that that plolytrack form is not equivalent to dirt form and canandian horses are not as good as top usa horses for the most part at the equivalent level.

Cowdery was an excellent call as was the winner of the finale. Cowederey just ran into a wire to wire winner that was impossible to come up with. Im sure the rider of cowdery figured he was sure to overhaul the cheap speed and the race just got away.

I really thought bern identity was pretty mediocere. and much preferred the winner who had run a terrific last race with a beyer that made him eligible to beat the field.