PDA

View Full Version : Meadowlands Friday 1/25

CHeCK EyE
01-25-2013, 11:36 AM
Race 2

1) Brussel Sprout - Only shown star at M1 was a qualifier. Does come off a win from Yonkers and lands the rail, both positive signs. However, I'll pass and watch one for future consideration.

2) Donnamom - Another coming from Yonkers, was in better company, yet is a higher ML odd. Form doesn't look good of late.

3) Special Command - My pick in the survivor contest. Went first up in first M1 start and got within a head of the lead at the top of the stretch. Faded a touch to 5th by 3 and 3/4. Campbell is out and Berry is up which I'm not crazy about, but if this one get sit tight or find cover to follow, might get a piece. Good price.

4) Baby Blaze - First start at M1 was the 9 post and a speed attempt. Parked past the quarter and ended up with pocket just past the half. Then faded. Fractions weren't crazy either. If you think the post 9 leave attempt took a lot out, it wont take as much from here.

5) Real Babe - Qualifier and one subsequent start in the Harder barn. Post is improved but I still will wait to see better signs. If she's ready though, look out. Has lots of stakes action last year including the Hambo Oaks.

6) Spectator K - Had the rail and squandered that opportunity by not being able to keep up. A win is always a good sign, but it came after a perfect pocket ride. Won't be that easy here.

7) Celebrity Bombay - Two starts back definitely tightened this one up. Last week he was a hard closing second and this week he'll be even sharper. Tough.

8) Shanty Irish - Broke in the only start this year. Qualifier was a strong win. Burke/Gingras will garner attention. Has a good shot if she stays flat but I wouldn't take a short price.

9) Outlaw - Same post as last week will likely see the same result. No speed shown lately puts this one near the back.

10) Beau Joe - First start at M1 was a pocket ride for third. Loses Gingras and gets post 10. Trip won't be easy. For another day.

3-7-5-8

CHeCK EyE
01-25-2013, 11:49 AM
1) Spice It Up Lindy - I guess you could call it a drop? But I think this is still a tough task. Down to B-1 with the rail and I'd be all systems go. Would put on exotics with the outside trips and strong finishes though.

2) Harbor Point - Scratched last week, decent sloppy track effort before that, and a break prior to that one. The post helps his chances as he should be able to stay close.

3) Waldorf Hall - Pretty consistent lately with several pilots. Campbell back aboard and the effort with him last time was solid. A contender.

4) Photo King - Post helps a bunch. Broke in last but the last clean line was post 10 and he got the lead. That speed could go a long way here from post 4.

5) Scorpion Moon - Trainer change and the qualifier was ehh for me. Closed well but those were pedestrian fractions. Wait and watch, maybe a few starts from now.

6) Lucky Roll - Uncharacteristic break before the wire last week. I'll forgive that. Ultra consistent and should see the speed again.

7) Just Like Lloyd - Speed try two back in a PREF then parked the mile last week. Probably my top pick in here, but I don't think the price will be favorable.

8) Ellen's Isle - Still with the outside post. If she doesn't on the lead doesn't look like she offers much. I don't see that scenario either.

9) My Leap Of Faith - Parked mile last week and won. Now steps up to A-2 and gets post 9 as a reward. Doesn't show speed and that puts this one far back. Minor spoils at best.

4-6-7-3

(Tough to pick in here to be honest. I can paint several different pictures on how this race sets up. A bunch with chances her depending on the trip you envision)

CHeCK EyE
01-25-2013, 12:00 PM
1) Grounded - Drops a tick and lands the rail. Lots of rim rides but nothing special at M1 so far. You'd think the rail would keep him close, but I'm not confident that will be the case.

2) Sleazy Does It - 10 to 2 post. Big upgrade, but will the performance follow suit. Doesn't look sharp, I'll pass.

3) Rock Ann Rolling - First start at M1. Off hand I'm not sure how Remmen has been doing at M1 but that could be an indication here. First over bid in last got him the lead but faded a bit late. I like Pierce aboard. Maybe.

4) Dragon Princess - Fought a quick pace last week folding to a hard closing second over trip from Hostess Lisa at 27-1. Likely favorite, short price, and deservedly so after last week. Consistently close, but will she find the wire first?

5) Last Minute Cindy - Last week looked like maybe a tour of the track. It wouldn't surprise me to see a more aggressive try here. Last was in that hot pace as well. A trip could give this one a chance.

6) Cruise Queen - Moves up to B-2 here off a win. Burke/Gingras is enough to know he'll likely be bet. Don't take a short price. This one won't be as easy to get the lead.

7) Asset Management - Up from Dover off a wire to wire win. Not sure what to expect to be honest. My hunch is he won't fire out and will end up mid pack at best. I'll sit and see. Maybe next time?

8) Synergy Seelster - Hurt me last week as I liked her. Now goes back to post 8 where she raced okay two back. I think she's better off closing and she should get that type of trip here. I'd use underneath only though.

9) Child's Play - ended up 12th last time which is quite a task to overcome. From 9 will likely be toward the back, giving her another daunting trip. Pass.

10) Heres My Ticket - My pick in the contest. I admit I'm skeptical here with the post. If she gets a better spot next week she could be a great bet. I will hope on board here though after first over mile last week where she did get to the lead in the top of the stretch. Has a speed to get around a few with a mid pack spot. Follows cover and blasts by late.

10-4-8-5

CHeCK EyE
01-25-2013, 12:42 PM
1) Lord Darby - I liked this one last week and he really pooped the bed. Dropped and had the same strategy and finished last! Was a bit of a shuffle, but then had room late and went no where. I think I'll watch this one.

2) B L Class Act - First start at M1 was good, then last week wasn't so hot. The race was a bit quicker so I'm wondering if he can keep up? OR was it a case of finding room off the rail too late and just couldn't get enough going late. I'm leaning toward the former.

3) Il Mago - My pick in the contest. Parked mile last week and ended up with the lead at the top of the stretch before the extra distance caught up with him. Better post, better trip, winners circle.

4) In Your Room - Few breaks but this is the best post in some time. Second attempt at B-1 and I think he will sit in and take a shot late. Could prove rewarding for exotics.

5) Zumba Mouse - Hasn't started since July. The qualifier wasn't anything eye opening, but she did close in 27.4. I'll still wait for a better spot and signs she's ready.

6) Soapy Sap - First time Lasix last week and I thought it'd help. I was wrong. Sat in and lost ground in the stretch. That's not encouraging. Having said that, she has jumped up big in spots you'd think otherwise.

7) Flashy Lady - Post 1 out to 7. From post 1 she ended up 5th at the quarter so I'm not inclined to think she'd end up any better from out here. With a decent pace and cover maybe but that's a lot to count on.

8) Mohegan Hanover - Another had post one and ended up 5th at the quarter, What waste. did finish well on the rim though for a 3rd place check. Don't foresee getting away quickly so he'll have to follow someone's helmet again. Consider.

9) Victory Nut - Another had the pocket early and lost ground late. Another victim of the shuffle? Not sure, but can't sit in and hope.

10) Fountainbleau Volo - From the 2 post last week ended up last at the half. That should be a reward in itself as that's not easy. From out here I'm going to pass. When he moves back in I might consider though.

3-8-4-1

CHeCK EyE
01-25-2013, 12:49 PM
1) Labirinto Sas It - Back to claiming ranks. Sat the pocket last week and lost ground in the stretch. That's not too encouraging. Positive is the rail should keep him close.

2) Swagger Begonia - Doesn't seem sharp right now. Breaks and poor efforts. Two post seats him close to the front. Sits and tries at it late.

3) Mr Fenwick - Up from Freehold which I'm not a fan of seeing. Last out was a good try but can he handle the mile surface? Didn't fair well at Harrah's. I'll wait.

4) Oliver Kiss - Only M1 start was parked the mile. Normally I like to see that if the finish was decent and the time was comparable. Tough to tell here as he has raced all over the place. With the 4 post maybe can stay close enough to try late.

5) Emily Do - Over to claiming ranks here and this one shows lots of breaks. the M1 try wasn't terrible as she left from post 9 and got a nice cozy rail ride. Maybe tries for the front and gets another comfortable ride?

6) Nice Dream - Broke in his first start this year. Time was still actually not awful. Stays flat maybe he's got something?

7) T P Lucy - Another from Freehold. Doesn't look to have enough. I'll let her beat me.

8) Apollo Blue Chip - First start of the year was a break. Common themes in this race, huh? Shows 3 breaks in last three pari-mutuel starts. Pass.

9) Permanent Joy - First start since November. Qualifier was okay. Not for me.

10) Libra Vita - Tough post for this one, but the rest of the field looks real suspect. If he can get around some of the slouches he's got a great shot.

11) Zot - Second tier will be tough. Lots of horses to pass, however lots of weak ones IMO. Underneath.

12) DC's Piggy Bank - Post 10 stinks. Post 12 isn't much easier. Closed well last out and will have to do similar here. Maybe gets into the flow early and can pick up the pieces late.

4-5-10-2