PDA

View Full Version : Freehold Friday 1/25

CHeCK EyE
01-24-2013, 11:27 PM
Race 2

1) Bright Tune - Ultra consistent and lands the rail here. If I brought a friend who had never seen a race before and said make a best bet pick. This would likely end up the one he chose. Down the road effort.

2) Smooth Finish - Another fairly consistent one. Interesting how every 'outside' try, she got out at the 3/4 and not the 1/2. Would you consider that racing luck with finding room late in the mile to get out? Beats me, but shouldn't need it here. Sits close, likely third during the mile.

3) Ge's Jody - Consistency remains in this race. Another one who shows speed and may challenge Bright Tune early. I feel Bongiorno will try to get out in front of Tune and sit back for a retake and end up with the pocket?

4) Mcnickels Mcdimes - Taking a slight drop from 10CL to 8CL and now to 6CL. Showed a speed try from the 7 post last out and you'd be inclined to see the same speed agian. However there is some speed directly inside. This is setting up to be an interesting race. Leaves, but ends up with a tough time up front.

5) Rachel - Short break and first start after wasn't much. Can't imagine leaving with all that's inside. Maybe it pays off though. Sits mid pack and watches the action unfold and pounces late? Maybe, but I'd be a bit surprised.

6) Polishedperfection - First start since November, however those then were in Opens. I don't like Steve Smith but this could be his type of race. Just like the 5, goes right to the rail, sits back and something crazy happens up front. Goes wide by 3/4 and wins going away. I'll be upset.

7) Final Execution - Bumping up a bit from 4CL to 6CL. Isn't rewarded with post 7. Tough task with the likes of the ones inside. Underneath only IMO.

8) Golden Fizz - Furthest out, but arguably the most impressive last race. Parked the mile (from the rail I might add?????) and wins by a nose. Doesn't show much speed so will likely land in the back. That's a tall task to swoop the field.

I think the 3 gets the top and the 1 sits the pocket. 4 gets hung. 1 slips out late for the win along with the 2 doing the same but can only get to second. 3 fades to third and the 'Smith Special' drive gets the 6 a 4th place finish.

1-3-2-6

CHeCK EyE
01-24-2013, 11:36 PM
1) The Dude Abides - Drops and goes from the worst post to the best. Could prove wonders and make all the difference. However, I'll take another perspective. An overbet false favorite.

2) Sunset Gentleman - Another dropping a tad with Cat. Gets a good post and was probably facing better at Yonkers. I think Cat should try and step around the 1 but if that one ends up a heavy favorite, he may sit back for a pocket try.

3) Snowy Finn - With snow in the forecast maybe you feel superstitious? i don't. Doens't show much as 2 of the last 4 races lost by double digits. Having said that, those were 3 and 4 back so one could argue he's improving. That one would not be me.

4) Blazin Delores - Shows nothing IMO. Rides the rail and hopes for the best. Not for me.

5) Willow Run Hottie - Dropping back a tick and I think it might help a bit. I think we'll see some speed just to try and get around the two to his immediate inside. If she can fill in the 3 hole or better, she has a good shot in here. Unfortunately, she'll need to go to the rim and those attempts having shown much.

6) Joey The Jet JT - Had a short layoff and comes back after a pretty poor qualifier. 19 back in slow fractions. Gotta wait and see on this one.

7) Ringside Nguyen - First start since November. The qualifier was a speed try and might have tightened her up a bit but that was at M1 and this is the 7 post. Watch for future consideration.

8) Hello Linda - Shows speed and she'll have to use it to have a shot. Can't sit last with some of these infront. The speed should get her up into a mid pack spot. Could fish for cover and if that's the case maybe she has enough to finish strong.

2-1-8-5

CHeCK EyE
01-24-2013, 11:52 PM
Gotta love a race with 9 horses and a 15/1 and 20/1 ML in the 1 and 2 slots. What's the 9 to do! Oh wait, he's 12/1, nvmd

1) Awesome G - Uhm, I gotta be honest. Even from the rail, I'm not sure how anyone can make a case for this one. Maybe the qualifying time?

2) Chartreuse Hanover - At 20/1 I guess I'm skeptical but if Abbatiello can get a good trip out of this one, he may have a chance. With post two it's not out of the question. It's just a matter if she's fit and ready.

3) Change Maker - Moves back inside after that 7 post attempt which came up well short. It's Steve Smith though, and I dont' like him and never can figure what he will do. I'd hope he would step around the two inside him which could land him a nice ride.

4) So Confusing - Here's another someone might play who never came to the track on a hunch claiming the program is 'So Confusing'. Anyway, pretty consistent sort. Sadly I only see 2 speed tries and they were back in October. Another I'd hope would try to step around what's inside him. Also shows rim rides with strong finishes.

5) Cape Marj - Shows that second in the last race but it was a pocket ride and doesn't show any speed prior to that. I'm thinking the 3 and 4 will leave giving this one a tough time to get a good early spot. Was in 15CL but didn't do anything very positive there.

6) Marymac Is A Whack - Loves the front end. Only question is how hard does she have to work to get there, and how long does it take. Will have to get around, what I'm thinking, is the 3 and 4. Likely the favorite so I'm hoping it takes until at least the quarter.

7) Algebra - Chased this one a bit a few years ago as she is a pretty consistent lass. The wins however, look fairly easy. And I don't mean she made the race is, I mean the trips were in her favor. On or close to the lead with little to actually do. Can't figure that will happen from post 7 in a 9 horse field.

8) Chesca Girl - Taking the small step up from 8CL to 10CL. Doesn't show speed so she'll be close to the back. However, she does show lots of miles in the outerflow and lots of strong finishes. If there is enough speed up front, and she can find a good cover ride she can be heard from late but I think it'd be for minor spoils.

9) Dovetail - Who does Derue decide to follow? Interesting decision in this one. I don't envy him. Maybe more so because I don't think she has a chance at all. She follows the 1 or 2 and she won't get far. She tries to follow anyone further out and she will likely get parked. Only possibility is if the 1 goes out hard? and this one jumps up with a mile I would have never guessed.

4-6-3-8

CHeCK EyE
01-25-2013, 12:02 AM
1) Political Pull - Broke in his first start at Freehold and now gets Smith. Doens't show anything positive on the lines. No thanks.

2) End Of Innocence - Interesting contender here. Hasn't started since September in the Buckette. Was in lots of stake action last year which will make this one the favorite in all liklihood. I'm not sure if I'm sold though? Manzi is aboard, but if the odds are lower than 2/1, which is almost a certainty, I'll try against.

3) Cash Value - Ships up from Dover. Also shows Open III. May not be at a big time track but it's hurt me in the past so I always keep an eye out now.

4) Map Of Hawaii - Name describes the efforts. On and off, very spotty. Finishes 3rd then 8 by 23 and then 3rd again. Always seems to find the rail and hope for the best. Not my style. Only if something nuts happens up front will he win. Sucked along and can maybe get minor spoils.

5) Feegee - Back to back winner steps up here. I think we'll see a bit of speed, but then again I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't. Leaves, and sits pocket on retake from the 2?

6) Under Arrest - Not raced since November and then broken in two straight qualifiers before a speed try in his latest. The breaks were here at Freehold. I'll watch him stay flat here before I endorse. Pass.

7) Muscleslikeparty - Trainer takes driving duties and if history is any indication, this one won't do well. Don't like this ones chances from out here.

8) Ginger Tree Lexie - Pakred to quarter in a speed try from post 6 in last. Ended up with a fairly easy ride and got second for Marohn Jr. Abbatiello takes over here and I do like a bit, but underneath. Not on top. Too far to come.

5-2-4-8