PDA

View Full Version : Meadowlands Thur 1/24

CHeCK EyE
01-24-2013, 02:34 PM
Race 1

1) Donatoprincess - Donato mare back on the track for the first time in 2013. Hasn't raced since beginning of October which always bothers me. Qualifier was okay at best for me. Pocket and the win. With the rail it should keep her close if she is ready.

2) Take It To Nine - This is my pick in the survivor. Might hurt, but have to toss last race with the break. Prior to that she showed speed to get to the top and ended up losing in the final strides. Two clean starts thus far at M1 have been good and with this inside post I think she has a great shot.

3) Baltimor As - Trainer/driver here coming from Freehold. It's amateur of me, but horses coming from Freehold, Monticello, and the like always turn me away on their first starts at the Meadowlands. I'm going to stick with that and say he needs at least a race or so over the mile surface.

4) Hi Po Amazing - First start of career with only 1 qualifier showing. I'll pass and tip my cap if he beats me.

5) Classified Action - David Miller up is an immediate possibility as he his off to a great start. However, this is the first start for this one since August! Temperature was much better then, and tonight will be frigid. I'll watch this one.

6) Brissot - Broke twice in last over the Harrah's 5/8's. Broke three back. I do like the lines showing outside trips, but the recent form is very suspect. I'll take my chance against.

7) Majestic Splash - Shows one start at M1 and finished 5th 22 lengths back. Enough for me to say no.

8) Good Sound Advice - Was in Super Bowl and broke in lat from the 10 hole. Probably wouldn't have had much of as shot from out there anyway. Last time in the NW ranks showed speed and almost held it all the way. From the 8 hole there will certainly be that same speed showing. Hard to ignore the Burke/Gingras connection. If he stays flat, big shot.

9) South Jersey Bugsy - Another out of the Super Bowl. Got the the pocket in last but had no shot against the likes of WindsunGalliano who will be one of the favorites in the final. I do wish there was a better pilot aboard, however not a reason to totally toss. Has the speed to secure a decent spot early. Odds should give you a nice price too. Maybe

10) Marion Manhattan - Hasn't raced since September. Qualifiers aren't eye popping. Stuck with post 10. I'll pass.

2-8-1-9

CHeCK EyE
01-24-2013, 02:49 PM
1) Honorary Hanover - Moves from post 9 to 1 which helps and also comes out of the claiming ranks. Lots of rail rides at Harrah's and they all seemed perfect. Can't imagine that trend continues at M1. Should be able to stay close and take a shot late.

2) If I Didn't Care - Coming over from Balmoral and back into the Alagna barn. I always think of when Manhardt came to M1 from Balmoral and won at about 8/1 and I didn't have after telling myself to bet. Now I'm cautious on these. First start after layoff came with a win and a strong finish in 26.3. Can't ignore.

3) Smoke Pan Mirrors - Stays inside, keeps Miller, and my favorite part is she shows those outside trips with great finishes. First up in fact. No reason to think she'd take a turn for the worse here. Have to consider.

4) Obsessive Artist - My selection in the survivor contest. Parked the mile in the qualifier which I like to think maybe tightened her up a bit more. Then went first up in her first start and just missed to a bomb in that race. This one also should have tightened her up. Goes from Bouchard to Allard who was hot last weekend. All signs a go.

5) Elodie - Comes out of the claimers and shows speed in both tries at M1 with both ending up with second place finishes. No reason to think Berry won't try the speed try again which will place him close to the front. From the 5 he shouldn't get parked. Gotta keep on exotics underneath.

6) Albanian Era - Coming from Monitcello. If you've read previously you know how I feel. pass.

7) Carrie Ann - 15CL got a win, then came to the C-1 and got stuck with the 11 slot and still showed good signs and a strong finish. Doesn't show a ton of speed which is a concern, but if she gets away mid pack without much early tussel, she could be heard from late in the mile.

8) Cammi Place - First start at M1 was a real tough trip. Miller ends up elsewhere and Marcus gets the call here. Could through a flier on this one for fun cause finishing in 27.3 after being parked is something I like to see. Would definitely throw underneath in supers and maybe tris.

9) K J Hannah - Don't like Bouchard at M1 but this horse has been consistent. First start at M1 was solid but with Callahan who is doing quite well, and from a much better post. I'll hope this one takes money off the consistency but falls short.

10) Jack's Magic Jewel - If he's not on the lead it looks like he doesn't offer much. I don't see her getting the lead here which means she'll have to find the outside tier if she wants to have a shot and I'm not sure she can handle that. Pass.

4-3-2-7

CHeCK EyE
01-24-2013, 03:03 PM
1) Artistic Flight - Moves town a tick from C-1 to C-2 and gets post 1. The change from Berry to Allard is a positive one IMO. I always take a second look when you see OPEN on the lines. I get it's not at a prominent track but still catches the eye. Balmoral and Indy lines aren't bad, both mile tracks.

2) Beware Of Darkness - Went form M1 to Yonkers and now back to M1. I'm guessing they couldn't get in at M1 last week, but the lines aren't anything to talk about. Pocket two back and faded. No thanks.

3) Come On Ridge - Third place last week but didn't do much in the mile. Sat in and looks like he got lucky to find room late being 8th at the top of the stretch. Outside rides are in much easier company. I'm not overly excited here. Maybe underneath due to the consistency.

4) Demanding Force - Burke/Gingras. So everyone will jump aboard. Probably for good reason here. First try in same class was a speed try and faded to 5th but only a length back. Tight now and goes all the way?

5) Allamerican Chief - No real race since April of 2011! I'd usually immediately toss BUT first start wasn't terrible. Don't like that it was a rail ride, but the times are all consistent with this class especially with the type of weather expected tonight. If the price is right I'd consider. Anything below 4 or 5-1 I'd pass.

6) Dontu Get Lonely - First start off bench was decent. Goes from Bouchard to Andy Miller which is a big plus in my book. Rough trip last out but tipped three wide to finish strong in 53.3. Tighter now with a better driver and better post. Take a long look.

7) Expensive Toy - Hasn't raced since October and the qualifiers aren't anything to rave about. Marohn Jr isn't a bad driver, but with this horse I'll wait.

8) Camart Hanover - Coming from the balmy weather in Florida to Yonkers and now M1 and the frigid air tonight. Yonkers try was aggressive first over in a respectable 55.1. Doesn't show speed though and from out here he'll like be close to the back. Would need to pass a lot of horses and I'm not sure I see that happening.

9) Laguna Beach - Parked to the half last week, got the lead and then faded to 4th but only by a length and 3/4. Have to come back after that effort. However, does move two more spots out to post 9 which doesn't help at all. Will likely take money off last weeks try. At lower odds, I'll look elsewhere, but cant ignore this one.

10) Gambler's Tale - Won from the 3 spot last week, but no moves all the way out and loses Gingras. Don't see Berry being able to get a good spot early. Another that will be close to the back having to pass lots of horses. No thanks.

4-6-9-3

CHeCK EyE
01-24-2013, 03:14 PM
1) Mystical Con - My pick in survivor. Loses Gingras but gets Dave Miller. On the rim last week and just missed. From the rail I'm inclined to think he'll have a better trip.

2) Cameron Chip - Mare tries right back off a speed attempt last week. This one was in some of the higher classes last year and now down at the bottom. I think she'll take a lot of money, which will have me go elsewhere. But I would not be surprised if she finds her self on the ticket or in the winners circle.

3) Captain Primeau - Gingras choice, although I'm not sure why? This one has always disappointed me. I bet, he breaks; I don't, he wins. I'm going against, so you should probably bet. Not consistent enough for me and I'm going to watch first start here at M1 for this one.

4) Blomkvist - Julie and Andy connection deserves immediate recognition especially with a trotter. Qualifier was a parked mile to get a nice tightener in then last week tried on the lead after the quarter; another tightener. Could be ready for the win this week. Can't dismiss.

5) Jedrik Hanover - Broke in first start of 2013. Qualified last week and won. Consistent before the miscue but I'm not convinced he's righted the ship. Wouldn't be overly surprised though.

6) Chocoholic - Got the lead from the 9 slot last week only to get shuffled and do nothing late. Moves in a little bit and I'm guessing Bongiorno will try with a little bit of speed to get a decent spot. Don't see her holding the lead if she gets it, nor do I see her being able to keep up if she finds the rim. Pass.

7) Heidi Falls - Always used to wait for this one to come down the ranks in the conditioned classes. Now, she seems to have tailed completely. First start off layoff was okay, but she just tagged along. From the 7 I'm not seeing the same possibility. Better post next time, maybe but not here.

8) Zeitgeist - First start since August with a sub par qualifier and a driver I'd rather not endorse ESPECIALLY under these circumstances.

9) The Triple Lindy - Doens't show a ton of speed and needs it from out here. Gonna have to pass a lot of horses late. Keep an eye for the first though.

10) Ringside Lauryn - Furthest out but dropping. Shows no speed. 'Nuff said.

11) Take Heart - Real tough from second tier. Good try in first start at M1 though. If Allard can keep clear and find cover to follow MAYBE he can finish stronger.

12) Calipari - Kentucky stinks but I'll wait. First start at M1. Not overly impressed with lines.

1-4-2-11

Ray2000
01-24-2013, 03:19 PM
Checkeye
I like 2 longshots tonight in that race 8
Hope you don't mind my posting them here.
I'm going to toss Demanding Force (not tight?) and go for the 10¢ Super

2 Beware Of Darkness-12/1.........Win/Place if 5/1 on Miller
6 Dontu Get Lonely-12/1

3 Come On Ridge-9/2
8 Camart Hanover-15/1
9 Laguna Beach-4/1
10 Gambler's Tale-6/1

26/26810/2368910/2368910....72 Tickets $7.20

Best of Luck

CHeCK EyE
01-24-2013, 03:25 PM
1) Miss Annalise - Pocket ride twice in a row and faded. Lots of FFA, but at a small track. Rail keeps her close, but not for me.

2) Shayna Baby - Burned lots of cash last two. I'm not sure what to expect here. At your own risk, but I'm not falling for it.

3) Buck Stops Here - Picks up Tetrick but has 2 breaks in the last 3 races. M1 line is the only clean line and the race was OK at best. Again, inside keeps her closer but will she have anything left late to pass anyone?

4) She's Wicked Good - I wish the name was the truth! Two move effort in last from the 12 post. Post certainly helps but loses Campbell to Bouchard. Big odds if you like.

5) Cocoa Beach - From Monticello and it wasn't great. No thanks.

6) Joyful Years - 11 post in last and managed a second just missing by a nose. 6 should get her a better spot earlier in the mile and if she can find cover to follow again she has a shot.

7) Dysnomia Blue Chip - Coming from Freehold and hasn't been good there. What makes anyone think that changes now?

8) Ms Betty Hope - Moves outside with no speed showing. Will be close to the back early with a lot of work to do late. Don't see it happening.

9) My Spring Fling - Skeptical about coming off scratch sick. Qualifier was a strong finish in 27.3 but from the 9 slot I'll wait to see signs of progress.

10) Carolstern - Parked the mile for a third in last and from the 10 hole two back got the win. Good form right now. Only knock is she doesn't show a whole lot of speed. If there isn't action up front I'm not sure she can pass em all.

6-10-2-4

CHeCK EyE
01-24-2013, 03:27 PM
Checkeye
I like 2 longshots tonight in that race 8
Hope you don't mind my posting them here.
I'm going to toss Demanding Force (not tight?) and go for the 10¢ Super

2 Beware Of Darkness-12/1.........Win/Place if 5/1 on Miller
6 Dontu Get Lonely-12/1

3 Come On Ridge-9/2
8 Camart Hanover-15/1
9 Laguna Beach-4/1
10 Gambler's Tale-6/1

26/26810/2368910/2368910....72 Tickets $7.20

Best of Luck

Of course I don't mind! I encourage!! I'm still hoping I'll be able to watch tonight, but if not good luck! I won't bet unless I can watch live. I'm not good enough to predict off odds yet and put a bet in before hand.

PS I screwed up some of the Race #'s. I apologize! I can't back and edit them either?

CHeCK EyE
01-24-2013, 10:56 PM
Race 1 selections were 2-8-1-9 Finish 8-2-9-3
Figured the 8 would leave for the lead and that he did. Also wanted Take It To Nine to sit the pocket. He ended up third but it was just as easy a trip as no one challenged the leader and as a result no one could catch him. 9 showed the speed needed to find a nice cozy trip near the front. The first two drew away but he did hold third. 1 broke before the start. I guess she wasn't ready!

Race 7 selections were 4-3-2-7 Finish 3-7-8-5
Obsessive Artist ends up with the trip I expect and does nothing! What happened!? Smoke Pan Mirrors stays consistent with a strong effort on the front end holding off a closing Carrie Ann who went first up. She was my second choice in the survivor, oh well. Cammi Place finds an easier trip and is rewarded with a fast closing third for Marcus who got his first win at M1 tonight. And to round out the top 4 Elodie used his speed to his advantage t hold a mid pack ride and held fourth.

Race 8 selections were 4-6-9-3 Finish 6-7-9-1
You were right Ray, Demanding Force was not tight tonight. Really pooped the bed on this one. Did have the 6 though and at 6-1 I only wished I had bet! I did not foresee the 7 jumping up like he did, props to Marohn Jr. and Laguna Beach didn't use his early speed and ended up having to close and it was too late. And the 1...jeez. You have the rail and end up 8th at the quarter. Won't find yourself in the money that way.

Race 9 selections were 1-4-2-11 Finish 9-5-1-6
1 stayed close, but couldn't find enough late to get past the top 2. Speaking of, I thought Triple Lindy would need a better spot. I was dead wrong! and Jedrik Hanover parked the mile finishes second in a strong mile. Blomkvist decided he wanted to take the night off and Chocoholic got a pocket ride, but coudln't keep up! And Cameron Chip took more money and didn't do anything with it. Kind of like...

Race 10 selections were 6-10-2-4 Finish 3-9-10-1
Shayna Baby. Another money burner of late. Buck Stops Here comes up big in the last tonight and he must like the M1 surface. Another clean line there. The 9 did the only thing I'd figure he'd have to do to get a piece, sit and pounce late. Showed the same tactic in the qualifier, but I didn't think he'd be ready. 10 just had too far to come. If this one gets any easier of a post, will likely be odds on. The FFA lines must have came up big here becuase I wouldn't have guessed a finish on that trip after a pocket ride going to absolute waste. Go figure.

I made two bets on the night and lost both, however I had the right horses. Both times I bet an exacta and a horse to win and one of the horses won and the one I bet to win finished out of the money. Oh well, back at it tomorrow. I will say I feel much better about my handicapping as of late AND I think the 'New M1' is fantastic. Not tons of favorites and trip handicapping is back to being important. No more of the same old boring races with wire to wire winners at even money and low payoffs. Wonderful job and I can't wait to get back up to East Rutherford this year!